Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Am I the only one that thinks this is getting pretty good? It's too bad we can't see the singles today.

Kevin

Am I the only one that thinks this is getting pretty good? It's too bad we can't see the singles today.

Kevin

Im with you, enjoying it quite a bit. But I mean lets face it here.

Its FOOTBALL time!

Phil is playing pretty well the last 4-5 holes and his partner just eagled the 11th.

this is just a good old fashioned beat down. i have zero hope. i'm tired, i've been putting together toys and play sets for a two year old. this is not a good combo.

you know who's pissing me off the most: captain pavin! he has zero energy, it's lame. i don't want to see him on tv again after this event.

We're going to need a little more positive energy out of you Forum Leader TC. You're whining like a Euro.

Kevin

there you go Rickie!!!! 4 matches are now back in play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps a late surge by the US? be nice to be able to get 2 points out of this session.

Loved Overton's reactoin to holing out from the FW. However, Bubba's reaction was even better.

I can yell come on too!!!!

We're going to need a little more positive energy out of you Forum Leader TC. You're whining like a Euro.

Kevin

i'm a realist kevin.

i'm a realist kevin.

sure you are Euro lover!!! Come on your boy Fowler just holed out from the bunker and your brother had a great shot earlier from the FW. Get back on the train TC!

All square for the competition as Mahan/Johnson fall.

Kevin

Actually Lee used to be tanned and have perfect teeth and he is very upset at losing that great US of A look.

Open up to see him with his ex and Julie Inkster

Spoiler
tan-fail2.jpg

Actually Lee used to be tanned and have perfect teeth and he is very upset at losing that great US of A look.

Open up to see him with his ex and Julie Inkster

Spoiler
tan-fail2.jpg

Fail at spoiler.

Europe seem to have spurned a few chances to win some holes recently.

The last four matches are soooooo tight.

The combination of rescheduling impact (can’t hide anybody on a team of bombers) and Pavin’s general mismanagement of the entire affair just seems to be too much to overcome. If the US could have sat two of the guys that have been totally useless in four ball and foursomes, they might be in better position to have a shot going into the singles.

One of the more obvious problems for the US going in was going to be understanding how to succeed under the match play four ball and foursomes format and the fact that there were few good natural pairings on this US team. Given Pavin’s “go out and enjoy the competition” banner, I doubt he did a damn thing to instruct them or prepare them properly. Overton and Bubba are doing well together because they are leaving each other alone for the most part, being supportive where it counts. “I will take care of my game and you take care of yours”. Why are these other guys so intent on instructing their partners when their own games are falling apart? Notice that the US pairings that are doing a little better right now are paying more attention to their own games.

As I said a zillion posts ago, if we have a shot at keeping the Cup it will very likely come down to the fact that it stays with the US if we earn a tie.

I was a little more hopeful about the singles being willing to accept a little more of a deficit going into them before I got a nose full of Pavin, Phil and Tiger. I have left DJ off because the four ball and foursomes were never going to favor him and under normal circumstance we could have hidden him a bit.

The US team as constructed should be a much better singles team than they have shown in the four ball and foursomes matches. If they drift too far behind before they get there, I do not see Brookline happening again.

Ricky just sunk a huge bunker shot. Come on guys steal a couple.

Like you know what comedy is...it worked ok to start with - sabotage imo

Spoiler = EPIC FAIL!

And some of this so called comedy needs no sabotaging. :devil:

I don't get the complete negativity. If the Americans go into the singles two down, I like their twelve to pull it out. Even three down they have a decent chance.

Kevin

I don't get the complete negativity. If the Americans go into the singles two down, I like their twelve to pull it out. Even three down they have a decent chance.

Kevin

Im with you. The singles matches make up the RC in my mind. As long as its even remotely close, the points can be had. I said the same thing when the US came out hot early.

Huge breaking news.

Spoiler
Its raining at the Ryder Cup

Great putt from McIlroy to claim a point for Europe
:blob:

you need to calm down. This is far too much celebrating! :D

Someone buy DJ a new putter. PLEASE.

harrington's a joke. at least i know we'll get 1 point in the singles tomorrow. he'll get waxed.

Unless he is paired with DJ, Phil, Tiger, etc...

Back