Miyazaki Shaft Fitting

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP staffer Jason K went through a Miyazaki shaft fitting and we videoed the process. Jason had never hit a Miyazaki shaft before and was trying to find a way to get his ball flight up without sacrificing distance and spin. You can watch the video here.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=13100

I was hoping this was announcing the release of their online shaft fitter.
Nevertheless, this was also cool!

• Admin
I was hoping this was announcing the release of their online shaft fitter.
Nevertheless, this was also cool!

Wow, you watched that all in 1 minute. I need your video player. :act-up:

Wow, you watched that all in 1 minute. I need your video player. :act-up:

You've caught me in the new age of video skimming.
A skill I've learned specifically for watching videos at work!

I've been anxiously awaiting this to go up, I love the opening of the video first of all, that is really cool! Secondly I really enjoyed going through this fitting and can't thank Miyazaki and THP enough for the opportunity. Getting a drive to go 278 total with a ball speed of 152 is definitely something I'd take everyday.

great video! Even with the wind you can hear the process that the Miyazaki fitter was going through. Asking what you hit now and then moving from there to look at the numbers. I really liked hitting the Miyazaki shafts at the last outing, I'm hoping to put one in my bag in the future. I hope they launch their online shaft fitting soon.

I also have to give a shout out to my paparazzi Hanks in the background taking some pics.

p4b - how did those shafts feel and perform against your PX?

Great video, thanks Team THP!

Jake, did you end up going with the new shaft? I still see the PX shaft in your sig.

Very cool. With golf tech today it's so important to have the proper shaft to fit your swing. It's cool that companies are more and more doing shaft fittings.

I've been anxiously awaiting this to go up, I love the opening of the video first of all, that is really cool! Secondly I really enjoyed going through this fitting and can't thank Miyazaki and THP enough for the opportunity. Getting a drive to go 278 total with a ball speed of 152 is definitely something I'd take everyday.

Do you have a baseline to compare against?

that was cool -the intro was amazing JB - whoever did that has mad skills. I liked hearing about the tip numbers and helping it launch - i hope i can find a shaft that fits my game at the outing. been hearing about these miyazaki's forever now.

p4b - how did those shafts feel and perform against your PX?
Very good feel and performance compared to the PX I have now. He was right about being able to get it higher than that PX I currently have. That is my only issue with my current setup is that I just get too low for my liking. I like more carry and the Miyazaki did that.

Great video, thanks Team THP!

Jake, did you end up going with the new shaft? I still see the PX shaft in your sig.
I did not get a new shaft, just got fit for one.

Do you have a baseline to compare against?
Since this fitting I was able to get on a TrackMan launch monitor at the Kingdom and my ball speed was comparable there but I had more total distance with the Miyazaki in the SuperFast head at the shaft fitting.

Very good feel and performance compared to the PX I have now. He was right about being able to get it higher than that PX I currently have. That is my only issue with my current setup is that I just get too low for my liking. I like more carry and the Miyazaki did that.

I did not get a new shaft, just got fit for one.

I see. Is the change coming?

I see. Is the change coming?
It is being strongly considered right now for sure. That day of the fitting I made a note in my phone of my flex code and I still keep that handy so I'm ready to pull the trigger at any time.

It is being strongly considered right now for sure. That day of the fitting I made a note in my phone of my flex code and I still keep that handy so I'm ready to pull the trigger at any time.

Cool! I'm sure you'll keep us posted!!

P4B: Was that a Superfast head they had the 59g Kua in there?

Edit: Nevermind, answered above while I was typing this

I was there for your fitting and seeing the science and the numbers behind a fitting is amazing to see first hand. dude you were bombing it! Very cool how the address things by themselves vs. collectively.

Very nice video. That's something that just about any hardcore equipment junkie would kill for.

Great video, I love how the experts are so good at what they do. Miyazaki has definitely become a major player in the shaft industry.

Love it. Want it! It cracks me up that I recently had a long talk with a fitter from a major OEM who told me "Shaft fitting is totally over-rated". Could we please get the representatives of this industry on the same page! Figuring out what to buy is hard enough without each company having different definitions of flex and each "expert" you talk to telling you something totally different.

To be clear, I believe the video, not the guy I talked to.

What a great video! I can't wait to hit a few of these shafts at the outing in May.

Since this fitting I was able to get on a TrackMan launch monitor at the Kingdom and my ball speed was comparable there but I had more total distance with the Miyazaki in the SuperFast head at the shaft fitting.

Great video Jake and what an opportunity! Nice work on your part too JB !!
Where and when was this done?
So I see have the J38 in your sig. Is that your new gamer? What happened to the R-11?
Maybe stick a Miyazaki in the R-11 ?

Thats cool. I need one of those.

Back