The Shriners/Timberlake Tournament

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Watching Frank Nobilo interview Hunter Mahan over the course of the telecast is more boring than soccer. Or a baseball game.

Hunter seems like a very nice fellow, but man, he makes a David Duval Q & A look like a runaway train.

Kevin

Since my favorite isn't in the tourney. Thinking I'm gonna pull for Rickie.

go Duval and Rickie. Both -7 for the day

I know barely anyone is paying attention to this tournament today with the NFL going on, but I'm rooting for Jonathan Byrd, who's currently tied for the lead. I actually grew up in the same neighborhood as him, but didn't know him all that well when we were kids. Regardless, I still follow him pretty closely, and he hasn't won since his father lost his battle with brain cancer last year, so a win today would be pretty emotional for him. Here's some background on that story: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1993030,00.html

Wow that was amazing he aced the 5th hole of the playoff! Congrats Johnathan Byrd!

WOW!!!! That was UNREAL!!! I don't care what anyone says, this Fall Series has been exciting. Actually more exciting than the FedEx cup. Johnathan Byrd great job (and he's going to have one expensive bar bill tonight...)

HOLY CRAP!!!! Jonathan Byrd with the hole-in-one to win! I'm incredibly happy for him!

Wow! What an exciting way to end a tourney!

Congrats to Byrd but I was REALLY hoping Percy would get his exemption...oh well.

HOLY CRAP!!!! Jonathan Byrd with the hole-in-one to win! I'm incredibly happy for him!
He did WHAT!?!?!? I was waiting for coverage to come on then decided to go play a quick 9 with my 10 yr old daughter instead, dang I should have set the DVR! Anyone happen to have a link to a video of it?

Wow, I was there!!! that was so awesome!!!! I wonder how many times a tourney has been won on a hole in one?

Well, that was interesting. This fall series has really been exciting so far.

Go John Daly

that was an amazing way to end a tournament.

that was just sick...

That's exactly what I said to my wife immediately after it happened... "That was sick! I mean that was just sick! I mean really, that was just sick!"

She just rolled her eyes at me, of course, but oh well... It was SICK!

The only way to top that was if the other two guys had hit first and both stuck it in there close and then he holed out, but I'm not complaining.

I walked away from my television and then came back and saw the hole in one, and thought it was showing a reply from earlier that week. What an incredible way to win a playoff, never seen that before.

That was a great way to end the playoff (that seemed to be going nowhere fast). I also think that it was darker in person than it appeared on TV....they could not have gone much longer.

His companions both splashed their shots....trying too hard?

Back