Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I had a lesson this morning, and there's nothing like the reaffirmation that you just suck.:beat-up::D (I did finally start hitting the ball in about the middle of the lesson)

I get a call in the middle of my lesson, the girls found a dog at the park.

The couldn't find anyone claiming, or looking for him, so they loaded him up in the car, and brought him home.

Wifey made up some "Found Dog" flyers, and posted them up in and around the park, I took him to the vet to make sure that he's healthy enough to bring into our house until his family comes forward to claim him. He knows basic commands (sit, stay) and was reasonably well groomed. We went ahead and gave him a good bath, since it was bath day for Madi anyhow.

He's 1-2 years old, and we believe that he is a Shiba Inu : http://www.akc.org/breeds/shiba_inu/index.cfm

If we don't get a call in 2 weeks, it looks like we'll have a new dog. He's really awesome: gentle, playful, energetic and loving. For the time being, we're calling him "Kitsune", which is Japanese for Fox in folklore. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

Awww...how cute! :eek:)

He's cute!

Consider maybe taking him to a vet or dog shelter and ask them to run a microchip scan on him, to see if he has one. May work and I'm sure they'd do it for free.

Cute dog. Everyone needs two dogs!

He's cute!

Consider maybe taking him to a vet or dog shelter and ask them to run a microchip scan on him, to see if he has one. May work and I'm sure they'd do it for free.

That was the first thing we had the vet do when we took him in for the examination. No chip :disapointed:

That was the first thing we had the vet do when we took him in for the examination. No chip :disapointed:

Ah well, their mistake!

I believe in chips - I had a girlfriend in Minnesota get a dog and procrastinate on updating it's chip info online. Dog ran away and got picked up by the shelter. We found the dog at the shelter, but they said they had run the chip scan and the info said Illinois so they were at a loss. Why have the opportunity but not use it?

PSA for the day.

Cute! Should call him Hacker!

I love finding dogs and keeping them as pets, sometimes Gummi that is the best way to get em.

I love finding dogs and keeping them as pets, sometimes Gummi that is the best way to get em.

I agree.If you can't find their owner. They usually seem like they know they been saved.

Back