Do Not Wear That Thread

biggsy

Reaction score
I'm doing this as a Public Service Announcement. I've seen way this too often on the range and course where guys are dressed like clowns. Do us a favor and just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

I know people are color blind, but pattern blind?

442f9991-6607-0d9b.jpg

Help others out and post some tips. Visual evidence would be ideal! Have fun with it.

hahah, that is pretty bad. Nice thread idea Biggsy. I will definitely snap a pic the next time I see something.

Pretty simple rules when it comes to clothes........Plaid does not work with stripes.....LOL Outside of that, I could really care less how anyone dresses as long as the follow basic etiquette and the rules of golf.

Guys, can we please stop with the oversized sunglasses! They look fine on women but it looks silly on men, and you never wear them anyway, the are always backwards and upside down on the back of your hat or next. Yes you own silly sunglasses, good for you.

I hope I don't end up having my pic in this thread after the outing.:D

Yes, plaid and argyle....Another pattern that does not work together. Even if the argyle is just in a section, the two do not work when it is top and bottom.

Good thread biggsy.

I hope I don't end up having my pic in this thread after the outing.:D

:laughing: Well you weren't the worst at the Demo day so I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

If not I'm sure JB and the crew will throw you in a water hazard.....

So then let me ask does those type of pants go fine with a solid color shirt?

Here is one I thought the thread was going to be about.

tumblr_ljelyr5xSe1qi3izko1_400.jpg

thanks for the tips.. Are wearing that right now...

Solid shorts, stripped shirt! Solid shirt, plaid shorts! Its not hard ppl!

Solid shorts, stripped shirt! Solid shirt, plaid shorts! Its not hard ppl!

How do I match up head wear to the rest of the outfit? Any tips there?

daly2_display_image.jpg

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of this..........

Or this....

PoulterGarmsPA_468x416.jpg

How do I match up head wear to the rest of the outfit? Any tips there?

Classic rule is match it to belt and footwear. But there are many ways to skirt that rule. Match to shirt and/or pants, etc.

Good tips in this thread. I am learning a bit. Gonna have to get my jorts hemmed up before the outing.

If you wear loud pants/outfits like Poulter or Daly, you better have the game to back it up. Love the guy who shows up in Loudmouth who proceeds to s***k shot after shot. My opinion anyway.

Brown belt, brown shoes and brown hat?? Sounds a bit off even to me!

Brown belt, brown shoes and brown hat?? Sounds a bit off even to me!

Like I said, classic rule is that. However there are many other options that work such as matching it to shirt and/or pants.

I agree that shoes and belt should match, but hat can be any number of colors, especially with khaki or dark pants. As long as it doesn't directly clash with the shirt you're fine. Some of the outfits above look ridiculous, I don't care who you are or how it matches. Put it this way- Superman is bada**, but he still looks silly with his speedo and a cape.

I agree that shoes and belt should match, but hat can be any number of colors, especially with khaki or dark pants. As long as it doesn't directly clash with the shirt you're fine. Some of the outfits above look ridiculous, I don't care who you are or how it matches. Put it this way- Superman is bada**, but he still looks silly with his speedo and a cape.

So the hat should match the shirt. The belt with the shoes and the pants are an accent. Unless.....you have loud mouth pants on, then you will have to go to the Lego belt and buckle. White shoes and hope you have a soft colored shirt. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I would like to see people stop wearing are pleated pants and shorts.

Back