Bridgestone e6 Yellow Testing Thread

I couldn't stand it anymore, I just came back from Dick's with a dozen of the yellows. There were just WAY too many positive reviews for me not to give them a try. With any luck they'll have the orange before too long. I currently play the E5 so if the straighter flight theory hods true then I will be a happy, happy golfer (read: HACK).

See Bridgestone (and other vendors)? It really is worthwhile to give THP stuff for it's members to try out and review. I love this place. My wallet... Not so much!

You will not regret this decision! Kinda funny I found an E5 and hit it along side the E6. Along with a few others but I liked the E5 and I have no doubt in my mind youll love the E6. It is straighter, may not spin as much on the green but its a toss up for sure.
I couldn't stand it anymore, I just came back from Dick's with a dozen of the yellows. There were just WAY too many positive reviews for me not to give them a try. With any luck they'll have the orange before too long. I currently play the E5 so if the straighter flight theory hods true then I will be a happy, happy golfer (read: HACK).

See Bridgestone (and other vendors)? It really is worthwhile to give THP stuff for it's members to try out and review. I love this place. My wallet... Not so much!

You will not regret this decision! Kinda funny I found an E5 and hit it along side the E6. Along with a few others but I liked the E5 and I have no doubt in my mind youll love the E6. It is straighter, may not spin as much on the green but its a toss up for sure.

There may come a time when I miss the greenside spin, but I don't generate so much right now for it to really be of concern. Hopefully, I can get out tomorrow for 9 and check them out.

I feel ya there! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Paired with those 2.0's I see some golf course killin!
There may come a time when I miss the greenside spin, but I don't generate so much right now for it to really be of concern. Hopefully, I can get out tomorrow for 9 and check them out.

I took them out in the yard and just threw them around a little (over my shoulder blind) so I could see how difficult it would be to find them. I have lots of different grass ( and WEEDS) in my yard so it was a nice little initial test.

In the tall fescue, they showed up light a beacon in the night.
In the semi-dormant 2.5" bermuda, still very visible.
In the leaves it stood out and screamed HERE I AM!!!
I also threw one over into my neighbors yard (while watching), into some 3.5" Zoysia (sp?) and it vanished. I mean poof, gone! I'm glad I was watching that one. :brb:

Actually given the variety of different grasses I have within 100-feet of my front door, I think I'll redo that little experiment with a camera in hand.

I went back out and threw these balls around some. The light was fading, but still enough at 4:00PM EST (in Garner, NC) that I would have been out on the course, hopefully on #7 green.

Right around my home I have weeds o' plenty, as you will see. But I also have a leafy natural area (flat), bermuda (2.5"), tall fescue (3"), and zoysia (3.5").

All measurements were scientifically calculated. I used my index finger (then a tape measure) for length of grass, and paced off yardages/feet. I know RIGHT?

Here are some shots I took about 4:00PM with no flash, and edited only for size. When visible, the ball should be in the center of the frame.

In the woods, where I normally am off the tee. From 25 yards:

SDC10662.jpg

From 12 yards:

SDC10664.jpg

From 6 feet:

SDC10665.jpg

2.5" Bermuda from 20 yards:

SDC10667.jpg

2.5" Bermuda from 10 feet:

SDC10669.jpg

3" Tall Fescue from 20 yards:

SDC10666.jpg

3" Tall Fescue from 10 feet:

SDC10668.jpg

3.5" Zoysia POOF GONE!!! from 23 yards:

SDC10670.jpg

3.5" Zoysia from 5 feet. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I cold see the ball!:

SDC10671.jpg

3.5" Zoysia from literally on top of the ball. I had a hard time hiding my ginormous feet!

SDC10672.jpg

Obviously, my photos are all simulated, and late in the day. But I thought it might be interesting to show the ball in different grasses all in one time frame. I'm hoping I can get out tomorrow, mid-day, for a round of real pictures. I'm sure I'll provide at least a couple from the woods and the rough. Who knows I may even find a green

Having looked at my post again, it doesn't seem very flattering neither to my property, nor to Bridgestone. But it REALLY makes me want a set of Orange balls for direct comparison! I hope I can get them locally soon.

Did some pitching, chipping and putting practice with the Yellow Bridgestone e6's.

Pitching: Still getting a fair amount of roll out from PW and SW but, it's much more manageable now that I know what to expect. Perhaps with more practice and the pitching drills I've been working on I'll get these to check up soon.
Chipping: On crisp contact I've noticed Mr. e6 is giving me great repeatable distances. Only now are the balls showing some good wear too.
Putting: Did a fair amount of putting practice, trying out several other brands I still have. I really am impressed with how these sound off the Odyssey insert. The e6 had very little skid on initial contact too. The sharpie doesn't get much of a work out with the e6. The putting alignment arrow is bold enough to be used alone, big black stripe less now.

The only thing I have seen so far that is a negative....even with the bright yellow color..you can't find them in the pond!

Nice pics, md. Great to show everyone what might be on the course with these things. Keep 'em coming!

I picked up a dozen of these balls earlier this week. I plan on playing them tomorrow. I went out to the range today and hit a bit. After the range I putted around with the new balls. I thought they were great. A little harder than my old balls. (Taylormade Burner) Once I got used to that, the putting settled down. I can't wait to see how they drive tomorrow. I am a little worried about around the green, since they seem so hard. I will let everybody know after I play tomorrow.

About to go spend a little time on course with the 2 E6's I have left. Hopefully I finish with 2 and dont loose one again.

Hoping to adjust to the ball better today, the wind and I didnt corporate last time out.

Thanks for the pics, that was an awesome idea. Man, I have a hard time seeing that yellow ball which is just wierd

could I get a shot of one on the roof of a house? prob only me who needs that one though...

great pics!!! really helpful to see how it stands out in different types of grass and lighting....
I went back out and threw these balls around some. The light was fading, but still enough at 4:00PM EST (in Garner, NC) that I would have been out on the course, hopefully on #7 green.

Right around my home I have weeds o' plenty, as you will see. But I also have a leafy natural area (flat), bermuda (2.5"), tall fescue (3"), and zoysia (3.5").

All measurements were scientifically calculated. I used my index finger (then a tape measure) for length of grass, and paced off yardages/feet. I know RIGHT?

Here are some shots I took about 4:00PM with no flash, and edited only for size. When visible, the ball should be in the center of the frame.

In the woods, where I normally am off the tee. From 25 yards:

SDC10662.jpg

From 12 yards:

SDC10664.jpg

From 6 feet:

SDC10665.jpg

2.5" Bermuda from 20 yards:

SDC10667.jpg

2.5" Bermuda from 10 feet:

SDC10669.jpg

3" Tall Fescue from 20 yards:

SDC10666.jpg

3" Tall Fescue from 10 feet:

SDC10668.jpg

3.5" Zoysia POOF GONE!!! from 23 yards:

SDC10670.jpg

3.5" Zoysia from 5 feet. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I cold see the ball!:

SDC10671.jpg

3.5" Zoysia from literally on top of the ball. I had a hard time hiding my ginormous feet!

SDC10672.jpg

Obviously, my photos are all simulated, and late in the day. But I thought it might be interesting to show the ball in different grasses all in one time frame. I'm hoping I can get out tomorrow, mid-day, for a round of real pictures. I'm sure I'll provide at least a couple from the woods and the rough. Who knows I may even find a green

could I get a shot of one on the roof of a house? prob only me who needs that one though...

great pics!!! really helpful to see how it stands out in different types of grass and lighting....

LOL! That never gets old. I'm curious how they look suspended 12 inches inside a bush?

lol, Im playing the yellow ball this Saturday on a tight course, should be fun. IMO, the orange ball might have been a little more difficult to see in some of those pictures.

+1 all things being equal I like the yellow a bit more for that reason. both are super esy to see/find on the fairway and green but the rough is where the differences shine through
lol, Im playing the yellow ball this Saturday on a tight course, should be fun. IMO, the orange ball might have been a little more difficult to see in some of those pictures.

+1 all things being equal I like the yellow a bit more for that reason. both are super esy to see/find on the fairway and green but the rough is where the differences shine through

And neither one floats...

I went over to the range this afternoon. SO glad I decided not to actually play a round. I had the most awesome case of the shanks. It was sad to the point of being comical. So after beating the hell out of the hosel of nearly every club in the bag for two hours, I decided what better time was there to go ball hunting than when I actually HAVE to go ball hunting.

Dejectedly, I trudged over to the 1st tee. Prop a bright yellow E6 on a tee, and smack the straightest shot I hit for the whole day. I was almost disappointed to watch the ball sail through the fading light and shadows down the right side of the fairway and disappear into the landing area (a short valley/gulley sloped right to left) only to see it reappear running up the other side of the hill and coming to rest just left of center about 260 out. Given my time on the range I was actually ecstatic with the shot. Then and only then, did the thought occur to me. I just saw that entire flight, minus the landing. But then I was able to pick the ball back up as it ran out! I was standing on the tee 260 away from the ball, which was in a shadow, and I could see it plain as the hand in front of my face.

I have to go start dinner now, but believe me that was the last straight full shot I hit while I was testing. Suffice it say for now that I cam home with all three of the balls that I went out with. I took two pictures of the drive from above. The first is from about 50 yards in front of the tee box (in the right rough), and the second is from 25-30 yards away from the ball. You can't see the ball in the first picture. I only post it to show that even with my failing eyesight I could see it from 260 yards.

Picture quality is not great. They were taken with my Droid, but they get the point across.

IMG_20101111_145815.jpg

IMG_20101111_150036.jpg

I took both my E6's out today(lost one yesterday) and my goal was to just focus on how easy it was to spot the ball since thats what the testing is about. However it was really hard not to notice how straight it was off the tee. It was kind of hard to try and draw/fade the ball since it reduces side spin and im not the best golfer in the world but if you need a ball thats straight off the tee, this is your ball. Its not going to cure and 45 yard slice or hook but if you put a decent swing on it, the ball will keep you in play instead of 20 yards farther right or left. The only complaint I have, is I cant keep the dang thing from rolling past the hole on chips/pitches as where I could with more "spinner" ball. I know this has some to do with not being used to the way the ball performs so its really more of a user error since im not used to it checking up as much as others.

Now on to the color of the ball. If it wasnt for the orange/yellow leafs everywhere on a couple holes I would have been able to see this thing in flight all the way to hit and roll. Its that easy to pick up. I only lost it twice when it rolled into some leafs. On a few approach shots I decided to hit both balls. First as my actual shot then hit the second into the rough around the green to see if I could pick it up in the grass. As soon as I drove the cart up and got out and looked in the direction where I thought it landed I could see it within 2-3 seconds. There really really easy to see in both the shade and sun. I did smack one off a tree (not on purpose) and it left a nice little mark but to my surprise no cut in the ball or anything else so it seems really durable. I am however down to 1 now, I found out while the can spotted easily, they dont swim lol.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if I had trouble picking up the ball in flight and found it hard to locate my ball in the rough and in other situations I would game these for sure. There very easy to spot, I wasnt sure if would be that big of a deal since I had seen the yellow range balls and they seem just bland but these blow them away. Its crazy how bright these are compared to those yellow range balls you see.

I wasnt sure if I was suppose to do a whole ball review on the E6 since I know there is a few threads on that and figured I would stick with more trying to pick the ball up and spotting it in different areas since this is more about that.

Its a great looking ball and like I said, its very easy to spot.

edit: I left my phone in the truck accidentally so I didnt have it to take pictures this time.

Thanks to all the THPers for your time in giving these balls a shot(pun intended). I plan on picking these up for a round tomorrow hoping they are easier to find than the Yellow Zstars.....I'm often in the leaves and trees with my lame game. I've used the E6 before and loved it but switched to Zstar for the color. Now I can play the ball I like most and hopefully go home with more balls in my bag!

Spent a lot of time going around one of the best courses in this area today as a single, so I really got a good chance to put the yellow e6 through the paces. I played so slow that I never had to wait on the 3-some in front of me. I picked up 2 dozen of the Srixon Z-Star yellows on the way out on their $59.99 deal as well to compare them. I would say I prefer the yellow on the Bridgestone a little more, but both are extremely easy to spot both on and off the fairways.

Comparing the e6 and the Z-Star is really tough. Each has it's strengths after playing with both today. The e6 is better off the tee, giving a nice straight ball flight and usually pretty good distance. The Z-Star doesn't seem to be quite as long off the tee for me, and being a little spinnier it's a little tougher to keep in the short grass. The Z-Star is better on approach shots, since it sticks extremely well when you hit the green while the e6 will release and roll out a bit more. Best approach shot of the day was a 3 wood from about 190 yards into the wind (it was about a 2-3 club wind at times today it seemed). Somehow that Z-Star hit the green and stopped within 4 feet of the (crater-like) divot.

But if I had to pick one for my game, I'd still take the e6 anyday. It may not stop as quick as the Z-Star, but it's still very controllable on the greens and it's performance off the tee and in flight gives it the edge as far as my game goes. Plus I somehow managed to hit 12/14 fairways and 2/4 Par 3 greens with the Bridgestone e6 today - which is phenomenal for me when I usually hit 1/3 of my fairways on average.

And the yellow continued to be very easy to track in flight, and was easy to spot on the fairways, in the rough, and in the crap off the beaten path when I ended up there. I still find myself wanting a yellow e7...but the e6 is starting to win me over with the straighter flight even if it does balloon a bit for me. But ask anyone I've played with, I hit everything high when struck well, which is why I love the lower flight of the e7 so much!

gppgolf.com has the E6 Yellow for 19.99 per dozen. Don't know what shipping costs are, but thought I'd pass this along.

gppgolf.com has the E6 Yellow for 19.99 per dozen. Don't know what shipping costs are, but thought I'd pass this along.

For my zip here in Florida, the cheapest option was $7.98/1 doz or $8.36/2 doz (Fed Ex Ground). So if you're buying enough, it's a bit of a discount from the normal $26.99 I see locally.

For my zip here in Florida, the cheapest option was $7.98/1 doz or $8.36/2 doz (Fed Ex Ground). So if you're buying enough, it's a bit of a discount from the normal $26.99 I see locally.

Yeah, like I said I didn't know wht shipping was gonna be. I had to go fix an electrical issue for a friend, so I didn't have time to look at that.

Back