had a mare on the greens

the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
the course i played yesterday was a nightmare. the fairways was so hilly and all over the place it was hard going. i mean 2 of the holes was like going up and down mountains and some of the faitways was like corrigated sheeting with the furrows. ive never had so many lies where the ball was below my feet and lying down hill or above my feet and uphill at the same time. but what did me in was the greens there wasnt 2 that ran the same some was so fast it was unreal and others stupidly slow. i struggled to read them and duely posted a 101. plenty of positives to take out the round only missed 1 fairway and hit 7 gir with 4 birdies.
a deffinate learning curve.

my question is how many courses are there like that?

at this time of the year there may be a few. I played a local course recently and the greens had been punched and were full of tram lines, not pleasant to putt on at all.

I think they were just getting the course ready for the summer months, I bet if you went back and played it in a few months time it would be completely different.

As for the hills, there is a course near me that is very hilly indeed. It really tires you out playing it, next time I go there I am hiring a buggy

I hate hilly courses, soley for the fact that it makes club selection that much harder.

ive just been told that 2 holes have been knicknamed cardiac hill lol. im not happy with my score but to be honest im happy with what i learned i wish i hd taken pictures cause some of the fairways lokked like a farmers field after planting potatoes

There are lots of those in hell for those evil golfers who don't fly right.

The greens at the muni I played last week were covered in little sap pods, so my ball got all covered and buggered with that crap. Definite pain in the neck.

My home course is similar to that in terms of the fairways. It's built into the side of a hill, so there's anything from 1.5 - 3 metre drop from one side to the other on the 6th - 9th, and the 12th, with a couple of hills going straight up or straight down a 15 - 20 m hill. Make's shot selection intersting as you have to play way off to one side to allow for the roll out down the hill. Fairways also have that roller effect you mentioned as well, so there's a lot off ball above/below feet shots.

The greens are also variable in pace, but I've recently realised that the ones that are slightly elevated from the fairways are faster, probably because the water drains off them easier, and the greens that are slightly lower tend to be slower.

From the title I thought there was a horse loose on the course

From the title I thought there was a horse loose on the course

Exactly, I thought perhaps there was a foaling occurring.

Back