Bettinardi Putter Thread

My new BB54

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

Last edited:
new Betti 3/4 HMM this thing is so TINY!!!! leaving it in plastic till i can actually game it won't be for a while but this thing is one of my favorite putters in my collection already...

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Last edited:
Those. Are. Gorgeous.

I like that 3/4 Buck. I love the look of a small putter. And that shaft is really sweet too.

That 3/4 is special. One of the nicest I have seen. Congrats Buckjob!

Sick putters there Buck, that Fuji for Betti shaft is naaasty. Super jealous, enjoy them man!

Nice grab Buck, love that shaft on there.

A little write up I did for a putter specific website. I wanted to share it here with THP, as I'm a huge fan of Bettinardi's new mallet. It's just in "proto" phase right now, but I think they are on to something extremely special.

My first 54 experience was at Prestwick CC on Friday morning before the social as'/ Gary had two of the new 54's on the putting green. One of each version (double and center shafted). I asked to try on and Gary Hardman was more than willing for others to experience the 54 that he was already loving. From about 35 feet my first but missed just a touch low with perfect speed. The 2nd found the center of the hole. Now Gary says, "Hit one way off on the toe." The ball rolled the same distance with a little different audible feedback and it too found the center of the cup. Needless to say... I knew I was going to own one soon.

I picked up a belly version at the Social as they were a little simpler. I'm always amazed on the crazy anodized aluminum designs Bettinardi offers, but just not my cup of tea when it comes to putters.

The 54 features a back weight that is adjustable with the use of an allen wrench. We switched out the weight in the belly which had it playing at 400 grams to one making the headweight 354 grams. The boys allowed me to keep the heavier weight. We cut down the belly to my normal playing weight of 34.75" and tossed on a 125 gram SuperStroke Slim grip. We found it odd that it was still swinging at D8, but the cocktails distracted us.

After a poor experience with it on Saturday leading to my trusty tour Sig #2 taking over early on in the round, I was a little discouraged. On my flight home I thought about the putter and realized that it had a belly putter shaft in it which was most likely thicker, heavier and flatter than a standard shaft.

Made a trip to my buddy's shop, installed a standard double bend shaft and ultra slim grip. Viola!

After a quick nine with it in a men's league, I felt extremely comfortable with it and my pace and lines seem to be dead on. I trusted it so much that two days later I put it directly into competitive play in a member/member match with great success including 4 straight birdies. Needles to say, I'm extremely impressed. The balance is superb, extremely forgiving and the feel is extraordinary for a putter of it's size. The aluminum and fit face is extremely soft but not mushy and provides excellent audible feedback. My home club's greens are extremely difficult and very fast. The 54 has handled them beautifully so far. It's the first putter to knock out a Signature #2 from the gamer spot in two years. Hope it stays that way.

I really hope Bettinardi gets behind this new mallet. I really think they are on to something very special.

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

I appreciate the review and pics Jimmy. I am not a huge fan of the looks of the 54 but would love to roll one and see what happens. I like that you don't need a special tool to remove the weights.

that sure is an interesting looking putter. I bet it feels awesome though

nice write up Jimmy.... i rolled a few with mine today i just to try it out and was VERY impressed with my results. im usually not a fan of large mallets but this is def a solid mallet. liked the feel from the FIT face from the aluminum and had a nice weight to it.

Buck I'd like to hear your opinions on the 3/4 HMM when you test it out!

Buck I'd like to hear your opinions on the 3/4 HMM when you test it out!

Def but it's staying in the plastic till I'm done my Seemore testing. BB54 really surprised me when I rolled a few putts with it today. But that's on the shelf now for a bit too.

New CS Tour Blade Prototype. DASS Torched.... Caramel light blue torched finish is really stunning in the sun.

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

Alright. So I have a SS5 that I got from the old lady for my birthday and I thought that qualified me to come in here and start talking Betti. Quite obviously you fellas are on another level...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Alright. So I have a SS5 that I got from the old lady for my birthday and I thought that qualified me to come in here and start talking Betti. Quite obviously you fellas are on another level...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

SS5 is still a Bettinardi. Still an amazing putter. How is it rolling for you colt?

How are you lucky dudes who have the 54 Protos rolling them. I need to get my hands on one.

I am very much considering a Bettinardi putter.

For those who game them, should I make the effort/expense of getting fitted for the putter, or should I just go with something that feels good off of the rack (or something used off of Ebay, et al)? I've never dropped that kind of cash on a putter before, but I presume if I'm going to get one of these putters, I should go "all in" and get fitted for it.

Thoughts?

Those 54 Protos are sweet. I want to get my hands on one.

The $$5 is an amazing putter. I am absolutely loving mine! I had 11 putts with it on Tuesday and I managed to hit most of the greens too.

For those who game them, should I make the effort/expense of getting fitted for the putter, or should I just go with something that feels good off of the rack (or something used off of Ebay, et al)? I've never dropped that kind of cash on a putter before, but I presume if I'm going to get one of these putters, I should go "all in" and get fitted for it.

Thoughts?

Best option if possible is to get fit at one of Bettinardi's Studio B locations. No charge if you buy a putter. Only issue is your closest location may be in Florida.

I wish I went to one of the Studio B locations. The guys that went to them walked out with so much knowledge it was awesome. I liked hearing from them about their experiences.

I was amazed at how soft this putter is after I rolled another brand of putter and it felt clicky to me. The putter was a $300+ dollar putter as well.

Thoughts?

I don't see why you wouldn't want to get fitted if you have the means. Otherwise, I'd go with what feels best. I did not get fitted for mine as it was a gift, but it's something that's on the table for the future.

Back