Wilson Staff equipment

damn thats a nice pick up Jman, can't wait to see you throw some pictures up here when you get them. I have a Fybrid(not the HS model) and a Tw9 sand wedge. I love the Wilson lineup of clubs. Just saw the Di11's in Golf Magazine.

I just checked on the Wilson site, they are not sold at any of the major golf retailers in the area. I find that interesting.

Yeah, I REALLY wish they would push their stuff more. I just do not understand why they don't, it is SO legit and competes with all of the big boys in quality and performance.

CRAZY! Crazy I tell you!

damn thats a nice pick up Jman, can't wait to see you throw some pictures up here when you get them. I have a Fybrid(not the HS model) and a Tw9 sand wedge. I love the Wilson lineup of clubs. Just saw the Di11's in Golf Magazine.

ME TOO!!! looks like they're really stepping it up, and they look awesome!

Woah. Di11 look beastly.

Any news on the Ci11?

I found this old thread and read it for the first time and figured i would bump it back up and let everyone know what new toys i ordered today . I went to Edwin Watts and finally used the mizuno shaft optimizer and was fitted for a project X 6.0 and the second choice was a dynamic gold s something (i don't even remember). Now the Ci9's that i had been hitting at Edwin Watts had a regular flex shaft in them and they were the only Ci9's that i had ever hit . I told the guys at Edwin Watts the whole deal about me getting my W/S clubs through a family member that works for Wilson and , that i would not be buying any clubs from their store . And to my suprise they said they would be glad to help . WOW these guys were great i can't put into words how much i appreciate them , they didn't have to do any of this but they did anyway . The only set of Ci9's they had at Edwin Watts was in a regular flex so, they called all around Nashville until they found me a set of Ci9's in a stiff FST . I went to the store and it was a pro shop at a golf course , and i got to actually hit them outside on a range , it was a great day ..... cold , but still a great day . I couldn't believe the difference the right shaft makes , it was so much better . I liked the Ci9's i had hit with the regular flex shaft but , that was it , i just liked them . But after i hit them with the right flex of shaft for my swing i was completely head over hills in luv , the feel was so much nicer than before , it was crisp and solid . I could feel the clubhead alot better and could feel were it was all thru my swing and, i could move the ball left and right exactly how i wanted to . I know i said i would wait for the Di11's to come out before i made my decision but , what can i say i didn't make it . I ordered the Ci9's this morning but instead of getting the project x shaft i got them with the stock FST stiff , i really loved the way this shaft felt, looked and performed . I also ordered the DXI Driver and , actually got it in a 10.5* , i've only had 9* drivers before . I also ordered a DXI 15* 3-wd and a 60* FG Tour wedge that i will be putting a DG spinner in as soon as it arrives . Merry X-mas to........MYSELF , LOL.

Congrats, Smooth! Glad you took the time to seek out a shaft/iron combo rather that just guessing.

I found this old thread and read it for the first time and figured i would bump it back up and let everyone know what new toys i ordered today . I went to Edwin Watts and finally used the mizuno shaft optimizer and was fitted for a project X 6.0 and the second choice was a dynamic gold s something (i don't even remember). Now the Ci9's that i had been hitting at Edwin Watts had a regular flex shaft in them and they were the only Ci9's that i had ever hit . I told the guys at Edwin Watts the whole deal about me getting my W/S clubs through a family member that works for Wilson and , that i would not be buying any clubs from their store . And to my suprise they said they would be glad to help . WOW these guys were great i can't put into words how much i appreciate them , they didn't have to do any of this but they did anyway . The only set of Ci9's they had at Edwin Watts was in a regular flex so, they called all around Nashville until they found me a set of Ci9's in a stiff FST . I went to the store and it was a pro shop at a golf course , and i got to actually hit them outside on a range , it was a great day ..... cold , but still a great day . I couldn't believe the difference the right shaft makes , it was so much better . I liked the Ci9's i had hit with the regular flex shaft but , that was it , i just liked them . But after i hit them with the right flex of shaft for my swing i was completely head over hills in luv , the feel was so much nicer than before , it was crisp and solid . I could feel the clubhead alot better and could feel were it was all thru my swing and, i could move the ball left and right exactly how i wanted to . I know i said i would wait for the Di11's to come out before i made my decision but , what can i say i didn't make it . I ordered the Ci9's this morning but instead of getting the project x shaft i got them with the stock FST stiff , i really loved the way this shaft felt, looked and performed . I also ordered the DXI Driver and , actually got it in a 10.5* , i've only had 9* drivers before . I also ordered a DXI 15* 3-wd and a 60* FG Tour wedge that i will be putting a DG spinner in as soon as it arrives . Merry X-mas to........MYSELF , LOL.

wow that's quite the haul. Merry Xmas indeed. Can't wait to hear how you like the DXI line.

Awesome smooth. My search for irons is over, but the fg tour wedges sure are purdy....

wow that's quite the haul. Merry Xmas indeed. Can't wait to hear how you like the DXI line.

Agreed. The Dxi line is interesting to me.

Congrats, Smooth! Glad you took the time to seek out a shaft/iron combo rather that just guessing.

Yea me too , it took a lot of patience (which i dont have much of) but, i feel completely confident in this desicion , were most of the time i am second guessing myself right up to the time of delivery . And thanx hawk

When i saw the UPS guy coming up the driveway this morning, i felt like i used to feel on x-mas morning when i was a kid . He brought my new Ci9's and after i signed for them, i immediately took out the 8 iron and went outside and hit a few balls even though its like 13* today . They looked great in the store but now that they are here and mine, and in my bag they look even better somehow . They are my first completely new set of irons so, i am a little over excited LOL, and i cannot wait till it warms up a little bit so i can get the babies out on the course but, until then i will hit balls in my field .

Congrats, Smooth!

I think after falling off the radar for awhile they are back making quality sticks again in the last couple years

Congrats smooth, you'll love em'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx guys
I got out a bucket full of old used balls that i had got at Play It Again and, hit my Ci9's out in the field like i was at the range . I was suprised by a few things that i had'nt really noticed before i guess because i was paying more attention to feel, solid contact and the shaft . I noticed that these babies are really long maybe, just as long as my Di7's if not they are really close . Another thing i noticed was how much i prefer the smaller head on the Ci9's and, this was very suprising to me but, somehow it seemed like the smaller head gave me more confidence . Do any of you guys feel more confident in a smaller headed iron ? By smaller head i'm obviously comparing it to the head on the Di7's, i'm not saying the Ci9's are as small as player's irons or blades just smaller than some G.I. irons . I also noticed that i DO love these babies and, so far i am very happy and downright giddy with them . I know i have not even gamed them on the course yet but, i think they are exactly what i need right now .

I know how you feel. I bought mine online without even trying them first and have never looked back!
Got them in late October and probably got 15-20 rounds in with them and absolutely love them. During
that time I picked up the Smooth driver($79 clearance at Golfers Warehouse), FYbrid 19.5*, FYbrid HS
3 wood & 2 Tw9 wedges. I love them all! Over the years I've played Ping, TaylorMade, Titleist, Macgregor
and several component brands. Wilson Staff is my favorite of all by far. I also wish the had more of a
presence in the golf shops because they are such great high quality clubs. I definitely want to try their
balls next.

I know how you feel. I bought mine online without even trying them first and have never looked back!
Got them in late October and probably got 15-20 rounds in with them and absolutely love them. During
that time I picked up the Smooth driver($79 clearance at Golfers Warehouse), FYbrid 19.5*, FYbrid HS
3 wood & 2 Tw9 wedges. I love them all! Over the years I've played Ping, TaylorMade, Titleist, Macgregor
and several component brands. Wilson Staff is my favorite of all by far. I also wish the had more of a
presence in the golf shops because they are such great high quality clubs. I definitely want to try their
balls next.

Yea they are definantly my favorite brand, and i have never been let down by any of their stuff . The balls are really good too they are all softer than normal but, they have no problem holding up to a faster S.S. . Go ahead and get the C:25 its a great ball .

i am also in the Ci9 fan camp and i'm glad you like them so much smooth. they are a highly underestimated irons imo. good luck with them.

i am also in the Ci9 fan camp and i'm glad you like them so much smooth. they are a highly underestimated irons imo. good luck with them.

Thanx TC
I got to spend a little bit more time hitting them today cause the temps finally got above freezing, wohoo all the way up to
37* . They are taking a little bit of time to get used to but overall i am really amazed at how good these babies are . I have learned that i will no longer be getting away with hitting the ball on the end of the toe like i did with my Di7's, LOL . I really think that is a good thing tho cause it has already helped me stop the over the top move that creeps into my swing every once in awhile . I got away with alot of bad swings with my Di7's LOL, i mean ALOT of bad swings . I didnt concentrate as much tho cause i knew no matter how bad my miss was the Di7's would fix it . With the Ci9's i know i can't get away with bad swings and it has already helped me remember to start my downswing with my hips and not my shoulders, that is and always has been my biggest problem . There will be a learning curve to get passed and it will take a little time to get used to the difference but, in the longrun it can only help my swing .

Ive tried some. They were very good. Just check the lie angles. They tend to be a little flat.

Ive tried some. They were very good. Just check the lie angles. They tend to be a little flat.

I will be getting them fit a few days before x-mas on the 22nd but, yea you may be right they may be a little bit flat .

Pics man!!!

Back