johnblah

Reaction score
Handicap
11&drop'n
Well its officially time for me to change shafts in my driver. Im pretty sure the current one (stock matix superfast shaft) is too weak and has Way too high of a launch angle for my swing. I have a very fast tempo swing, I go pretty far past parallel in my back swing, with a swing speed of 115-122mph. Now I would love to go for a shaft fitting but I would have to drive almost 2 hours away for one and between the cost of gas and the fitting itself it would cut into my budget because I dont want a good shaft I want a Great one.

So, well I currently play the 2010 superfast and my distance is great but the stock stiff shaft feels Super whippy and also like a bit too much torque. If I miss swing I get a Huge ballooning slice.

In my Nickent 5 wood and 3 hybrid I picked up from someone who claimed to be a nationwide tour caddy selling clubs for the golfer he caddy's for I have the Aldila VS Proto ByYou 80-X powered by zyvex shaft in the 5w and a Matrix Ozik Altus in the hybrid. I LOVE both, great ball flights, And Nice little draw on both.

Okay so here is where I need the help, Purely on specs and comparisons to the other shafts even another Matrix shaft that feels very similar to the hybrid shaft. Im not afraid of a 70-80 gram shaft in the slightest if it will pure out my ball flight. Im sure I'll still be the long ball hitter in my league haha :D

Any Suggestions?

And yes I know i "should" go be fit but with gas prices its just not in the cards inless I want to wait till next season or give up a few rounds this season.

And I also know I Might have to switch to a TP head since most "top" shafts dont come in .350 tip.

Thanks in advance!

Okay so here is where I need the help, Purely on specs and comparisons to the other shafts even another Matrix shaft that feels very similar to the hybrid shaft. Im not afraid of a 70-80 gram shaft in the slightest if it will pure out my ball flight. Im sure I'll still be the long ball hitter in my league haha :D

Any Suggestions?

Aldila VS Proto (http://www.aldila.com/products.php?product=6)
Matrix __M2 (http://www.matrixshafts.com/en/00Ho...&code='OM2'&code_sub=''&type=''&_display=show)

Those are the woods versions of the shafts you like. Both will feel fairly similair to what you're use to with fairly similair results. You'll probably see a lower ball flight from the M2 then the Proto, the M2 will load and kick harder and the M2 will likely be signifigantly more expensive. Generally VS's go for $60ish on the bay brand new, where as a F6M2 will be somewhere in the $350 to $450 range.

Thanks for the quick response! I think im going to try for the Matrix M7F2 and hopefully I can find a legit deal somewhere haha

I play the VS Proto 80-X in both my hybrids. When it came time for a new driver, I was fitted for the Miyazaki Kusala Black 83X, tipped an inch and a half. I have a 10.5* TL310 head and the combo is amazing. I get a mid ball flight with the combination of the low-launching black series and the slightly loftier head. I have a very similar swing speed to you as well, right in the 112-118 range normally.

I would definitely consider talking to a miyazaki rep and see what they can do for you.

Back