Scotty Cameron - Imitation Does Not Always Equal Flattery

I guess the question begs....how does he get the designs from other companies so readily and why do said companies not take any action when there are such striking similarities?

My guess would be that legal battles cost a lot of money and Titleist has (read had) a lot of cash to throw around and good lawyers cost good money. That is just my assumption and we all know about assumptions.

"Smaller" companies legal fees, effort, & time vs big company with $$$$ like Titleist Ascushnet. There been few times he has been stopped making items since they went hard after him and went to court or where going to take it there. I know several times where Attorneys have been called but what happens after that I don't have all those details.

I guess the question begs....how does he get the designs from other companies so readily and why do said companies not take any action when there are such striking similarities?

In the case of SeeMore, they figured people might like the red dot and in turn lead to future sales. Which has definitely happened.

In the case of SeeMore, they figured people might like the red dot and in turn lead to future sales. Which has definitely happened.

I always wondered about that, good stuff there JB.

None of this surprises me at all though, Scotty being Scotty, same crap different day. I'll never own a Cameron, ever.

I always wondered about that, good stuff there JB.

None of this surprises me at all though, Scotty being Scotty, same crap different day. I'll never own a Cameron, ever.

Why own a Cameron when you can own a truly customer putter right Jman?

Why own a Cameron when you can own a truly customer putter right Jman?

Amen, there's really nothing like it. For the same range of prices, why not? lol

I added the the Never Compromise Gambler Video to the first post for comparisons.

i actually feel bad for NC right now. i know they'll see some success out of the gambler line but i can't imagine how it feels to be in this position right now. it's one of those things that you just can't do much about.

i actually feel bad for NC right now. i know they'll see some success out of the gambler line but i can't imagine how it feels to be in this position right now. it's one of those things that you just can't do much about.

Same. Scotty is making alot of friends with this one for sure.

this is horrible!! I dont even know what to say about it

makes me wanna buy the Gambler even more now!

I've never owned a Cameron and I have no intentions of breaking that streak. I think the only original design he's ever come up with is the Futura.

Isn't 'Futura' the brand name of the cheap-ass tires Pep Boys sells?

Don't get me started on Pep Boys...............Manny, Moe and Crap!!

i want to punch scotty cameron in the face!

i want to punch scotty cameron in the face!

I read else where that there was a mixed bag of feeling coming from the SC fan club. Some are seeing it for what it really is, haha

i don't really want to punch him in the face. i'm sure he means no harm, but it still sucks.

I'd like to see that. I'll bet this big hairy mountain man would whoop some serious a$$ if you got him fired up!

scotty cameron is a hairy mountain man?

nah, i'm a big teddy bear.

Speaking of punching someone in the face, I know this is WAY off topic...but that avatar has to change soon, hasn't it been 90 days yet?!?!

i don't really want to punch him in the face. i'm sure he means no harm, but it still sucks.

New idea for an outing contest. Have a cardboard image of him out on the range and see who the first one is that can put a ball through his head.

Spoiler
Obviously THP won't take part in such an action, but it would be fun!

This is horrible........ I hate it. Scotty has never had my respect..... and thats sad coming from me. I generally respect people until they give me a reason not to.....

Speaking of punching someone in the face, I know this is WAY off topic...but that avatar has to change soon, hasn't it been 90 days yet?!?!

haha, no, it hasn't been unfortunately. i'm tired of it too buddy.

haha, no, it hasn't been unfortunately. i'm tired of it too buddy.

that's too bad, I like it. GO EUROPE:eyepoke:

for the record, tiger using the method today. and putting well!

Back