Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean like when the playstation vibrates when I'm about to sink a putt? and then it lips out????? the putter would die. at my hands.

thats not a playstation

Managed to save myself form the J38's from the other day, I love the look (/cry) but I don't think they would help my game compared to my current sticks. Looking for more forgiveness and something under the mendoza line price wise. Adams A7(since I can't find a4s anymore /cry/cry), Ci9s, and anything slightly used that are close to my specs :)

Anyone else seen/hit a good club that is around the CI9 price range?

Last edited:
I'm looking at a 50* wedge. Won some money from a football pool and think it's probably the best purchase for me right now. I am waiting on Mashie and a driver (Christmas money!).

I've narrowed it down to a few wedges. XFT, MP T11, Jaws, CG15... Only thing is I really wanted to try a spinner shaft. I have a XFT already and wondering how the forgiveness is on the others? If the MP T11 is pretty forgiving I may go that route. Seems like it would just be easier to go with something that already has the spinner. But not sure if it's a good idea to mix wedges. Part of the reason I'm dumping my Arc.

Depending on which set I get from TM, I may have to get new wedges to fit the gaps.

That'll be sweet haha. Maybe. I know what you mean though. I basically have a 125 yardish club (Niblick) then it goes to 95 (xFT and Arc). That 100 yardish is killing me.
Depending on which set I get from TM, I may have to get new wedges to fit the gaps.

why is that? couldn't you just bend yours to fit?

why is that? couldn't you just bend yours to fit?

I would rather just get new wedges unless I could find someone who could grind the bounce on my wedges. Actually, I need to work on finding someone to do that for me.

Yoc, I don't know that any of those wedges are going to be very forgiving. If you are looking for forgiving, I would say maybe the CG16's, but those aren't going to work if you are looking to buy anytime soon. My vote would be XFT, but that's just my personal preference.

Yeah lol. I guess I mean forgiving for wedges. My CG14 was one of the most forgiving wedges I'd ever hit imo. My xFT is awesome but then I started looking at cost of adding spinners etc... They're a tough one. Since I use them so much I guess I'm over stressing about it. I finally got my 56* sorta tuned in around the greens. Aye.
Yoc, I don't know that any of those wedges are going to be very forgiving. If you are looking for forgiving, I would say maybe the CG16's, but those aren't going to work if you are looking to buy anytime soon. My vote would be XFT, but that's just my personal preference.

Yeah lol. I guess I mean forgiving for wedges. My CG14 was one of the most forgiving wedges I'd ever hit imo. My xFT is awesome but then I started looking at cost of adding spinners etc... They're a tough one. Since I use them so much I guess I'm over stressing about it. I finally got my 56* sorta tuned in around the greens. Aye.

Well, the 14 and 16 are sort of designed to be a bit more forgiving, so that makes sense. I really like the Hi Rev's in the XFT. I like the idea of the spinners, but I would be hesitant to put them in the XFT since I really like the wedge as it is.

I really like the shaft too. I'm not sure I would change the 56* unless the spinner blew me away. I'm also pretty sure I heard lower flight with the Spinner and that's what I was hoping for with the 50*. Sucks it's really hard to hit wedges outdoors.
Well, the 14 and 16 are sort of designed to be a bit more forgiving, so that makes sense. I really like the Hi Rev's in the XFT. I like the idea of the spinners, but I would be hesitant to put them in the XFT since I really like the wedge as it is.

I really like the shaft too. I'm not sure I would change the 56* unless the spinner blew me away. I'm also pretty sure I heard lower flight with the Spinner and that's what I was hoping for with the 50*. Sucks it's really hard to hit wedges outdoors.

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of starting with a spinner shaft in my Ping TourW 52, if I like it I will throw them in my xfts.

You guys just need to take the plunge like I did!! Hehe. The idea of the spinners sold me, and I need a bit of spinny help, I've never been able to spin a ball backwards. I'm hoping they'll help, but I'm sure it will come with time and practice too. Now I just need the stupid snow and cold to go away.... but that's for another thread.

Yocs, Hanks' review of the new Mizzies: http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11246. They come with the Spinners stocks... maybe something to look into, save the extra cash to install them aftermarket.

Exactly!! lol but I think someone posted somewhere in a wedge thread about how much a wedge is used. I'm trying not to let cost influence tooo much. But I admit its somewhat a factor.

You guys just need to take the plunge like I did!! Hehe. The idea of the spinners sold me, and I need a bit of spinny help, I've never been able to spin a ball backwards. I'm hoping they'll help, but I'm sure it will come with time and practice too. Now I just need the stupid snow and cold to go away.... but that's for another thread.

Yocs, Hanks' review of the new Mizzies: http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11246. They come with the Spinners stocks... maybe something to look into, save the extra cash to install them aftermarket.

Exactly!! lol but I think someone posted somewhere in a wedge thread about how much a wedge is used. I'm trying not to let cost influence tooo much. But I admit its somewhat a factor.

My 50* CG14 was my go to club. I would use it on pretty much every hole. The loft was just useful. I could use it to pitch, chip, etc. It just worked for me. That's why when I got my xFTs, I HAD to get a 50*. If the deal at Vibrant hadn't come along, I might not have gotten the Spinners, but when a good deal comes up, you have to take advantage! Sure it was a bit more costly, but I've been on a bit of a tear lately when it comes to buying golf stuff. The goal is to get a bag I can and will be happy with for the long term. Spend money now... save it later. If that makes sense....

You had this one in AZ right? I like the looks of the pings too.
I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of starting with a spinner shaft in my Ping TourW 52, if I like it I will throw them in my xfts.

Definitely makes sense! If I didnt win my football pool for the week I doubt I'd even be considering with the holidays around. Almost done there though haha.
My 50* CG14 was my go to club. I would use it on pretty much every hole. The loft was just useful. I could use it to pitch, chip, etc. It just worked for me. That's why when I got my xFTs, I HAD to get a 50*. If the deal at Vibrant hadn't come along, I might not have gotten the Spinners, but when a good deal comes up, you have to take advantage! Sure it was a bit more costly, but I've been on a bit of a tear lately when it comes to buying golf stuff. The goal is to get a bag I can and will be happy with for the long term. Spend money now... save it later. If that makes sense....

Definitely makes sense! If I didnt win my football pool for the week I doubt I'd even be considering with the holidays around. Almost done there though haha.

I guess I should point out too that I picked up those xFTs for less than half price.... $160 CAD on for $75. So with that, the extra $165 or so I've spent to send them down to Vibrant and get them coated and installed, is still cheaper than paying the full price.

So what are you doing with the hi-rev shafts?

I guess I should point out too that I picked up those xFTs for less than half price.... $160 CAD on for $75. So with that, the extra $165 or so I've spent to send them down to Vibrant and get them coated and installed, is still cheaper than paying the full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back