Christmas Came Early!!!!!!!!!

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
I got the X22 Irons and the OGIO today. Pics will be in the WITB thread.

I took the 22's out and had a little fun with the 5 iron. The first thing I notice was the face. It was rough. I guess this is to induce spin? Seems like it is anti-glare or something.

I only had throw away balls, so I was not expecting nothing spectacular. I set up a couple, and proceeded to shank the first ball. Uh-Oh.

No worries though, after that, I was hitting pretty darn well. I was getting as much carry out of the 5 iron as I normally get out of a very well struck four. The thig is, I had no pure contact shots. My swing is in shambles, but these clubs have got my back.

I was pleased to see how much feedback they were giving me. It isn't a sting, more of a gentle reminder that my swing sucks. And then it launched the ball. Long.

These are not high launching for me. It is very much a low, boring trajectory that I really love, makes me feel like a tour player. I am playing about a 10 yard fade at the moment off the 5 iron (yeah, I am recovering from a nasty case of the shanks, sue me.) which, honestly, I am okay with.

I think the are absolutley gorgeous at address. The sole aint too thick, and it has a nice, confidence boosting topline that is about medium thickness. The offset is there, but all in all, these clubs look like they mean business.

The grips... are better than I expected. No, they don't hold a candle to the new decade nulti I have on the 52*, but they have a nice tackiness to them. and are pretty nice looking. I love the way Callaway puts a little marking on the grip to let you see proper thumb placement.

I was getting some pretty impressive ball speeds too. I was losing track of the ball in mid flight, just to see it hit the ground some 200 odd yards away.

I love these clubs so far, but trust me, I have not even began to break them in yet...

Congrats on the new sticks and look forward to the pics.

YAY!!! Congrats on the new sticks!!! :clapp:

You have the male version of my clubs :D

glad you are happy with the new purchase. Congrats!!

Congrats on the new purchases!!

congrats aggro! the best part is, they are irons that are perfect for you! they are good irons, i loved mine when i had them and i wish you the best of luck.

merry christmas.

Thanks so much guys, I really do love them. They are my first "real" irons, coming from a $100 starter set, and the difference is nuts.

Congrats dude! I am sure those guys will give a lot of great rounds

Congrats man!

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Congrats on the great irons!

Congrats on the new irons!

Congrats on the new sticks aggro!

Congrats man! Which Ogio did you go with. Ive had my eye on some and wanted to see what you decided on.

Ogio Kingpin. LOTS of storage space.
Congrats man! Which Ogio did you go with. Ive had my eye on some and wanted to see what you decided on.

Aggro sounds like you got the right set of irons for you buddy! Enjoy them and keep em warm and cozy until the spring gets here and you can enjoy your new toys. Well maybe a few winter days it will warm up so you can get out and enjoy them. Happy for ya :thumb:

Congrats Aggro. Hope they are everything your looking for.

Congrats on the new irons & bag, it is always exciting to get new golf gear. Hit 'em straight. :golf2:

Hope you enjoy your new sticks.

Congrats Aggro...the x22s are some great sticks.

Hope they serve you well!

Hope they serve you well!

Thanks!

I am amazed at the consistacy I am getting on mis-hits. Little loss of distance, and maybe 5 yards offline. Its awesome!

Got My Present Early!

Got My Present Early!

Since I had to be with to pick up my Christmas present this year (Heather couldn't lift it alone), I got it a little early. She picked out a new Kenmore dual grill - one side charcoal fired, the other is gas w/3 burners.

Now I need to get a cover, propane tank, charcoal, grilling utensils, etc and fire it up!

Just took some pictures of it. :banana::banana::banana:

The grill closed:
001-1.jpg

Open (obviously):
002-1.jpg

This is the charcoal storage bin:
003-2.jpg

Back