US Open Predictions - THP Staff

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The US Open is one of the most*prestigious*events of the year. *The conditions are the hardest these guys will experience all year. *The rough is near impossible to play from, the greens are lightening fast and the fairways are long and tight. *This is a tournament that is truly anyone's to win. *Especially this year, where there are so many strong players on the tour with no true dominant golfer. *With the second major of the year upon us, and so many 'ifs' as to who could win and why we decided to have our panel of 'experts' make their US Open predictions. *THP asked each member of the staff 3 questions:

1. Who will win the 2011 US Open?
2. What name not thought of will make a splash in this event (darkhorse)?
3. Who finishes higher, Luke Donald or Lee Westwood?

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13702

Above are the predictions from our "expert” panel.

You can also discuss the US Open in our contest thread here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...rixon-US-Open-Contest-Spoilers&highlight=open

There are some nice picks in there. I think the field has some great depth in it and it will be a big surprise who wins! That is what is great about the open.

Interesting read! I sped read a little, but a big thanks goes out to Jake and Todd for not breaking my heart on this one.

JB especially... Large Margin? Dagger to the chest man.. Im hurt!

Lot of love for Westwood :D

Interesting to see everyone's picks.

THP staff: thanks for the dialogue on this!! Still have to get my picks in for fantasy and the contest so I appreciate you each giving me some more to chew on. Will be an outstanding week of golf!!

I was surprised that I wrote it hehe. I do think he comes out strong this week.

I love these threads! You can sense the conflict in the picks even from how it reads. Almost like you're pressed for an answer, and you've got to pick one, and it's so tough! This is definitely going to be a big week, and I don't think there can be any question about the dark horse picks this time around. Most of you guys have picked from way out there!

My picks FTW! Look at Jake and Hanks both picking Stricker b/c they use Google. No way Stricker's relevant here. This isn't the same course as it was the last time it hosted the US Open. Plus he's a boring golfer and boring golfers shouldn't win Majors. When is Stricker going to enter the discussion as "one who never won a Major"? So many other guys catch flack all the time for it, *cough, cough, Lee Westwood* but you never hear a peep about Stricker. I suspect it's b/c he's boring.

• Admin
When is Stricker going to enter the discussion as "one who never won a Major"? So many other guys catch flack all the time for it, *cough, cough, Lee Westwood* but you never hear a peep about Stricker. I suspect it's b/c he's boring.

It only matters when you become #1.

Interesting read! I sped read a little, but a big thanks goes out to Jake and Todd for not breaking my heart on this one.

JB especially... Large Margin? Dagger to the chest man.. Im hurt!

Dude, average with a driver = not good at the US Open. Same way Phil can't play worth a shat in the British. I suspect Luke will actually have a good finish, just not higher than the man himself, toothy.

Are there any staff wagers brewing in the background? Do I smell a putter bet?

The only question over Westwood is whether he manages to pick up a decent putter in the pro shop this week!

It only matters when you become #1.

Phil was never #1, and for the longest time he was criticized for not winning Majors.

Phil was never #1, and for the longest time he was criticized for not winning Majors.

True, but it was a different scenario. He was dwarfed into #2 by one of the most dominant periods of golf. He was alone at #2 and was clearly the best player not named Tigger. Stricker to me is just like the rest of these top guys now. Great golfer, will battle and win events, but until one of them breaks through, its hard to say it about anybody. I mean the top 10 is funny right now with lack of majors.

There is a lot of love . I Just have mixed feelings for him ... Great job guys

True, but it was a different scenario. He was dwarfed into #2 by one of the most dominant periods of golf. He was alone at #2 and was clearly the best player not named Tigger. Stricker to me is just like the rest of these top guys now. Great golfer, will battle and win events, but until one of them breaks through, its hard to say it about anybody. I mean the top 10 is funny right now with lack of majors.

I see your point for sure. Hopefully it all changes on Sunday, when Lee hoists that massive trophy.

I see your point for sure. Hopefully it all changes on Sunday, when Lee hoists that massive trophy.

I would definitely need a lie down after that sight. Swoon.

Dude, average with a driver = not good at the US Open. Same way Phil can't play worth a shat in the British. I suspect Luke will actually have a good finish, just not higher than the man himself, toothy.

Luke's not even average with a driver in hand :dohanim: I see Stricker hitting more fairways than Donald and both tearing up the greens, or at least surviving on them.

I'd have to agree with GG picks, the young guns are due for a major win. Quiros is also an interesting Dark Horse...plus he's a beast off the tee which should help this week.

So it comes down to Lee and Phil in a playoff. TC is sitting there with his 19th Miller Lite in his RH (we wont say whats in his LH) and you are grinning at the TV wearing some Crocs and obviously nothing else at this point. Who are you rooting for?

So it comes down to Lee and Phil in a playoff. TC is sitting there with his 19th Miller Lite in his RH (we wont say whats in his LH) and you are grinning at the TV wearing some Crocs and obviously nothing else at this point. Who are you rooting for?

OMG why did you just put that image in my head! Stricker is taking this one and Westy gets 2nd with a nice side of Kooch for 3rd. Fun article!!

I just got upset to my stomach, crocs and nothing else is just wrong.

I hope TC doesn't own a leather couch! That is just not right.

I just got upset to my stomach, crocs and nothing else is just wrong.

Agreed, he should at least have his THP hat on.

JB, thanks for killing playoff tension for me altogether.

It doesn't matter what I do, I'm already winning. Crocs, Miller Lite, Lefty and Lee, what a glorious Sunday. I bet Stricker doesn't even finish in the top 20.

Back