Gas Prices: What are you paying?

$2.25 for diesel in the Jetta

That's a helluva price for anything! Our Diesel fuel generally is close to the same as our regular unleaded.

$2.79 in the Houston burbs

$2.89 here in southern Oklahoma

It was $2.89 by my house a few minutes ago and $2.79 in Independence, MO (about 20 miles away) about an hour ago.

$3.07 in Northern Minnesota

Our's has jumped up the past few days. I paid $3.19 this morning (Indiana). Sucks

Currently paying 4.12$, I know it's Canada but I mean I live less than 3 hours from the States.

It went up today. $2.97 by my house, $2.89 in North Kansas City.

Wow, we paid $2.79 up the road from you in St.Joe yesterday.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

St. Joe is almost always about 10 cents cheaper than in the KC area of Missouri. But it's 50 miles north so it's not cost-effective to go there for the gas! hahaha

And then the Kansas side is usually 5 to 10 cents higher than the Missouri side of the KC area. But Kansas has better roads because of the extra taxes. Missouri is getting better though - - - a few years ago, a trip from KC to St. Louis would beat you up from the crappy interstate.

Last edited:
Sounds like some of the roads in Oklahoma, lol. We gased up about an hour East of you and topped it off again in St Joe after lunch so we wouldn't have to stop again.

We put up almost 1000 miles this trip, but the old 4 Runner handled it fine.

Sounds like some of the roads in Oklahoma, lol. We gased up about an hour East of you and topped it off again in St Joe after lunch so we wouldn't have to stop again.

We put up almost 1000 miles this trip, but the old 4 Runner handled it fine.

I would try to defend our roads Duey, but, well, they are terrible lol. Some counties are flat out rediculous though.

Sorry Jman, wasn't wanting to step on toes, but always ticked me off driving the turnpike and hitting constant bumps after paying a toll? I've not been there in years now, but a lot of the state seemed rough.

Nebraska seems pretty solid, but we pay dearly at the pump, lol

Sorry Jman, wasn't wanting to step on toes, but always ticked me off driving the turnpike and hitting constant bumps after paying a toll? I've not been there in years now, but a lot of the state seemed rough.

No toes stepped on. Its flat out terrible.

The turnpike around OKC has to be the absolute worst though. It really is quite terrible.

$3.11 for regular today.

3.19 today yikes..and we don't even have an oil-man in the white house anymore. Damn!

just out of interest is the prices you are quoting per gallon?

They are, you guys must use liters like we do in Canada. In my neck of the woods we're paying 1.04$ per litre.

£1.29 per litre up near you the other day Brian (Baljaffray service station)! Crazy stuff.

I reckon that's about £4.88 a gallon. (that's about $7.50 a gallon in USD at the momemnt).

£1.29 per litre up near you the other day Brian (Baljaffray service station)! Crazy stuff.

I reckon that's about £4.88 a gallon. (that's about $7.50 a gallon in USD at the momemnt).

yeah, but you guys drive those little euro cars......we don't.

yeah, but you guys drive those little euro cars......we don't.

oh....I got somethin for ya TC.... haha.

My puny little engine goes when it gets about 7k rpm!

oh....I got somethin for ya TC.... haha.

My puny little engine goes when it gets about 7k rpm!

haha, when i was in italy and greece a couple of years ago i couldn't get over the little euro cars everywhere. it's a nice change of scenery but i'd hate to wreck in one of those.

Back