The thrower swing vs the dragger swing and Golf Digest

Tiger has to learn a new swing, his knee won't handle the old one.

So I gotta' ask Tad....Do you pivot/turn behind the ball, over your right side for a right hander or do you stay more over the ball through the whole swing with a pivot/turn that is mainly over your left side with less weight transfer back on the backswing and then forward on the downswing?

I try to get my weight onto the inside of my right leg during take away. So yes, I pivot over the right and clear the hips on the down swing with weight transfer to my left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this help at all? Im a big believer in allowing the elbow to come off of the body, as long as it doesnt get stuck outside.

Great action Thainer, swing looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I found a new way to feel stupid today. I have been reverting back to my roots and a more thrower like swing of late and it is coming back OK. So today I have a bout of the "everything going lefts". Usually for me that is an issue of tempo and rhythm. So I play with that some and the ball is still going left.

So I stop myself and decide to really go back to square one and sure enough square one is the problem. I have the club at address so far hooded over that the ball has no choice but to go left. A classic example of forgetting the details while concentrating on the big picture. Don't know how the heck I ended up with the club so far over like that.

It was kind of a screwy day and I just don't think I was paying attention. What started as a little drizzle just turned into a really odd rain for a golf day. It would lighten up and look like it was going to clear but as soon as the rain lightened a bit it would then go back to a stronger and steadier pace. So while it never turned into a downpour I was eventually drenched and started to have to find ways to keep myself from just floating away! I am sure you have all heard the story of a frog and boiling water. Toss a frog in boiling water and he will hop out right quick but toss that same frog into unheated water and gradually raise the heat and that same frog will just roast. Well I guess you know who played the starring role as Mr Frog in today's drama.

The rain did finally stop around the 14th hole but by then I was completely soaked and feeling pretty rotten to boot.

Well I got my iron distance back today. I went to the range and hit two jumbo baskets with nothing but irons. It took me a while to find my groove but I finally did. I was so focused on keeping my right elbow tucked to my side that I was getting stuck and didn't realize it. My miss was to the left but playable and was atleast predictable with very few toe shots. I'm hoping I can take it to the course with me tomorrow.

Good for you D! Getting stuck behind can really mess you up and sometimes it is hard to see it or feel it.

I'm definitely a dragger. I take massive divots

Back