R11 2 hybrid or Burner 2.0 3 wood?

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
I am going to get either a new Burner2.0 3 wood or a R11 rescue 2 hybrid but I am torn on which one I should get? Is there a huge difference in yardage with the loft differences? If a 3 wood is 15.5* and the rescue is 16*? With a swing speed of 100 to 105 would it make any difference?

The 3 wood should be longer, but honestly it won't be a huge gap. I'd guess roughly 10 yards... but that's a guess. If you hit one type of club more consistently, go with that one.

I think it depends on what you want out of the club. Hybrid is probably more versatile. Why not hit both and see what gives you better results?

I would definately hit both and see what you like. Some people can't hit a hybrid with that little loft, but if it works for you and it's better than a fw, go for it.

I am going to get either a new Burner2.0 3 wood or a R11 rescue 2 hybrid but I am torn on which one I should get? Is there a huge difference in yardage with the loft differences? If a 3 wood is 15.5* and the rescue is 16*? With a swing speed of 100 to 105 would it make any difference?

I think only you can answer these questions. I would get fit and demo them both inside and outside if possible.

I would pick which ever one gets you to the hole faster....

All Things Being Equal, the 3w would get you a tad more yardage

I'll preface this by saying I haven't hit a hybrid with that strong a loft, but in general I find the 3w easier to hit off the tee, the hybrid off the deck. That's just me though. Definitely support the demo approach.

Back