Cleveland FL Ultralite Fairway Woods

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A 2011 fairway wood from Cleveland showed up at my door today for review. This was available at the 2010 THP Outing and Demo Day and many people had the chance to try it out.

I have the 19° 5W with a Miyazaki C Kua 43R - International Flex Code 7511. Really looking forward to seeing how this club performs. I have always been a hybrid guy, and currently game one at 19.5°. I am most interested in the ballflight, distance, and ease of use.

It doesn't feel as light as it actually weighs. As usual, Cleveland has a great headcover. Last initial thought is that I can't wait to put some swings on this thing!

Here's some pics:

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

PRETTY. What is the head size?

Alright hawk! I know you've been interested in a fwy wood and I hope this one does the trick. What does the "FL" stand for?

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Looks sweet! I bet it throws missles out there with that C. Kua shaft.

Nice, I really like that Cleveland puts Miyazaki in most all of there stuff now. I can't wait for the review.

Great looking fairway wood, should compliment the Mashie quite nicely! Have fun with the review, can't wait to hear more!

Aggro
I dont have an answer for that. It is not in my product specs. It seems normal for a FW wood. Thin crown design is something I really like for off the turf. I want to do more testing on these myself. I am really looking forward to Hawk's review.

Alright hawk! I know you've been interested in a fwy wood and I hope this one does the trick. What does the "FL" stand for?

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

The whole series is called that. I believe it is for "Faster Longer"

Looking forward to hearing the review Hawk!

Hey, that's mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit that at the outing and absolutely LOVED it. There is no comparison to it and any other 5 wood I have ever hit. Can't wait to hear your reviews. I'm really anxious to compare it to the Mashie because I could not hit a bad shot with that club and the ball went much further than any 5 wood I have ever hit. I want to try the 17* 3 wood too since it is comparable to a 4 wood loft. I struggled a bit with the 3 wood at the outing but I'm not sure which loft he had available.

Hey, that's mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit that at the outing and absolutely LOVED it. There is no comparison to it and any other 5 wood I have ever hit. Can't wait to hear your reviews. I'm really anxious to compare it to the Mashie because I could not hit a bad shot with that club and the ball went much further than any 5 wood I have ever hit. I want to try the 17* 3 wood too since it is comparable to a 4 wood loft. I struggled a bit with the 3 wood at the outing but I'm not sure which loft he had available.

I knew you'd be excited to see this, KB :)

Hawk -- She (KellyBo) is literally drooling all over her computer :D... Great looking stick dude and looking forward to your review!

This will be a very interesting review for me. Like I said, I have always been a hybrid guy, and at one point, had myself convinced that I couldn't be successful with a fairway wood. I want to be wowed by this club, but it will need to be very solid and very easy to use.

Somehow I totally missed the fairways at the outing. I saw the drivers, but no fairways, silly me!! I am anxiously awaiting your review on this Hawk!! This will be one of the ones I am looking forward to hitting at the next outing!!

Somehow I totally missed the fairways at the outing. I saw the drivers, but no fairways, silly me!! I am anxiously awaiting your review on this Hawk!! This will be one of the ones I am looking forward to hitting at the next outing!!

Same here. I totally missed them and was quite disappointed in myself.

Hawk, I will bet that you will find this club extremely easy to hit! It amazed me because I am a bit inconsistent with my woods but I couldn't hit a bad shot with it until I hit about 50 in a row and got worn out. :sweat:

I'm sorry, Mary and I were hogging them but we missed the Mashies so we're even!

Same here. I totally missed them and was quite disappointed in myself.

Me too! I had no idea they were and when people were talking about then afterwards I was like huh?? But that's the past. Next Outing to look forward to, and take 2 with these fairways with that AWESOME Miyazaki shaft!!

The shaft will be very interesting as well. The C Kua in the club I have is VERY light. Super curious how it will work for me. After handling it, I will say that it doesn't seem light at all, but like the Mashie, I think that is a function of the swing weight. It seems incredibly-well balanced.

I'm sorry, Mary and I were hogging them but we missed the Mashies so we're even!

haha I was next to you 2 when you were hitting them. I've never seen anyone fall in love with a club so fast as you two did.

I hit this club and liked it a lot. I plan to include in my FW shoot out at the next outing, along with the Diablo Octane and Superfast 2.0

Hawk I love your reviews and cant wait to see how this works for you. After hitting the dst 5 wood for the first time, it had me considering if I even needed a driver. Im confident these are a step up from the dst and really looking forward to trying them myself at some point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny! When you struggle with clubs like me and then find something that you can hit so easily, it is just so exciting and unbelievable that a club can make such a difference. I was equally excited about the Project X shaft but there were other brands I tried that didn't excite me at all. I hope I am as excited about it the next time I hit it. I worry that it might have been just a really good weekend for my ball striking but I somehow doubt that was the case.

haha I was next to you 2 when you were hitting them. I've never seen anyone fall in love with a club so fast as you two did.

I hit this club and liked it a lot. I plan to include in my FW shoot out at the next outing, along with the Diablo Octane and Superfast 2.0

Back