Cast vs Forged - The Master Debate

Won more than any other brand......hell they've been around alot longer than me and I'd venture to say anyone on the forum...seems like forever

didn't Moses play Wilsons?

W/S has been around for a long, long time but its not like all of the majors were won before golfs modern age. I dont know the exact stats but i think they won around 6 or 7 in the 80's and around 5 in the 90's and, then paddy's 3 in the 2000's. They made equipment that won alot as far back as the 20's and 30's and they still make equipment that wins today. With some of the advertisements the other companies have what is wrong with Wilson Staff celebrating their history and heritage?

W/S has been around for a long, long time but its not like all of the majors were won before golfs modern age. I dont know the exact stats but i think they won around 6 or 7 in the 80's and around 5 in the 90's and, then paddy's 3 in the 2000's. They made equipment that won alot as far back as the 20's and 30's and they still make equipment that wins today. With some of the advertisements the other companies have what is wrong with Wilson Staff celebrating their history and heritage?

We're not saying that. We're saying it's funny they picked Ricky Barnes to be the poster boy.

We're not saying that. We're saying it's funny they picked Ricky Barnes to be the poster boy.

Thats not what i was talking about but, since you brought it up yea thats real funny, i guess:rolleyes:

I am addresing posts such as #458 above my first one that gives the impression that all of the majors dont really mean anything cause they have been involved in the game for so long. I dont see anything wrong with W/S saying they have the most majors. First of all because they DO an it is certainly more modest than what some companies say.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness gracious.

Last edited:
hehehehehe.

Im like everyone else why use Ricky Barnes? He has no majors, atleast Paddy has 3....

Thats not what i was talking about but, since you brought it up yea thats real funny, i guess:rolleyes:

I am addresing posts such as #458 above my first one that gives the impression that all of the majors dont really mean anything cause they have been involved in the game for so long. I dont see anything wrong with W/S saying they have the most majors. First of all because they DO an it is certainly more modest than what some companies say.

that is not what post #458 means.Your first impressions were wrong.What the post means is Wilson has been in the business for ages and doesn't get the respect it deserves. If for no other reason longevity like that in the golf equipment business is in itself a reason for respect.

My laptop is buttery soft. Heck, I can feel a difference just picking closing the lid by the sound between my laptop and GG's. My Macbook Pro has a forged unibody construction.

My laptop is buttery soft. Heck, I can feel a difference just picking closing the lid by the sound between my laptop and GG's. My Macbook Pro has a forged unibody construction.

hehe..

do you still get good forgiveness and workability with it?

do you still get good forgiveness and workability with it?

What about the grooves in between the keys? are they conforming? Hows the control when you're typing from the rough?

Personally, I think it depends on who you are as a golfer. Forged doesn't necessarily mean its only good for the better golfer. Blade Vs. Players Cavity vs. Cavity would be an interesting debate too

To be honest I can't really tell the difference when I"m hitting balls between forged and cast. My irons are cast, wedges are forged and they feel about the same to be.

that is not what post #458 means.Your first impressions were wrong.What the post means is Wilson has been in the business for ages and doesn't get the respect it deserves. If for no other reason longevity like that in the golf equipment business is in itself a reason for respect.

Really, i must not have read it right but, ok my apologies.

Really, i must not have read it right but, ok my apologies.
no apologies needed here..I just didn't want you to take it in a way it was not meant to be taken

4561209c-6767-051c.jpg

Cold forged.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Bridges, that's your Mona Lisa right there dude. I'd give you +1000 if I didn't have to spread it around first. lolololololol

Bridges, that's your Mona Lisa right there dude. I'd give you +1000 if I didn't have to spread it around first. lolololololol

don't worry I'll spread the rep around. Hilarious Bridges

Back