ziggy.365

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone,
I'm having issues with my wifi connection being really slow. I know that when I connect to my computer straight through an ethernet cord, the Internet is really fast but through wifi it is awfully slow. Do u guys think this is a problem with my wifi router? My router is around 5-6 years old so that may have something to do with it. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Probably your router. I had an old one that would only allow speeds up to 4mbps. Go get ya a new one.

How far away from your router is the computer?

Do you know much about how to change the settings on the router? If so, you could try changing the channel the wireless is broadcasting on. This can sometimes have a big impact.

Probably your router. I had an old one that would only allow speeds up to 4mbps. Go get ya a new one.

Gotta get a new router. They are not expensive. Best place with the cheapest prices is www.newwegg.com. I got my current linksys for $20 from them when it was on sale. There is no point messing with the settings on a 5 year old router.

Tap tap taparoo

Gotta get a new router. They are not expensive. Best place with the cheapest prices is www.newwegg.com. I got my current linksys for $20 from them when it was on sale. There is no point messing with the settings on a 5 year old router.

Tap tap taparoo

+1 Newegg is a great site and you for sure need a new router.

PS it is Newegg.com not two w's

Router. Same thing happened to me last month. Paid for the Super fast high speed Internet. 50mb+ but the wifi was pumping out .2mbs

I guess I'll go out and buy myself a new router. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yep, my router went bad a couple months ago after having it for about 5 yrs, so that's probably the case. I got a Linksys and it's been smooth sailing.

Back