What's your favorite Golf Book

DANNY.P

Lose Weight
Reaction score
Handicap
TO HIGH
For instruction I would choose Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf By Ben Hogan

For Fun Cinderella Story My Life in Golf By Bill Murray

For instruction...Harvey Pennick's Little Red Book.

For Fun... Just a range ball in a box of Titleist's- Gary McCord

For golf history... Bobby Jones- The Grand Slam, America and the History of Golf-Mark Frost

For Instruction: The Golfing Machine by Homer Kelly (use internet resources to help get through it more easily and quickly)

For fun: The Match (still the best golf book I've read)

Your 15th Club- Dr Bob Rotella
Little Red Book- Harvey Pennick
Golf for Dummies- Gary McCord

Uneven Lies

For instruction... Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf

For Fun... Paper Tiger

For history... Bobby Jones- The Grand Slam, America and the History of Golf

I can't narrow this down to a single book because there are a few that are my favorites for different reasons

Rotella - Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (A constant re-read for me. Keeps my head right)
Feinstein - A Good Walk Spoiled (One of the best looks of what really goes on between the ropes and in the locker room of the PGA Tour)
Jenkins - The Money Whipped Steer Job Three Jack Give Up Artist (most hysterical fictional golf book ever)
Frost - The Greatest Game Ever Played (Could not put it down. About 1913 US Open that Ouimet won over Varden)
Hogan - Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf (Don't let the 1957 publish date fool you. It is one of the best instruction books)

Great. Now i'm gonna have to head over to Amazon.com to buy most of these.

I got alot out of Dave Pelz Putting Bible. Wow are there so many things to think about when putting, but each has it's own effect. Also his Short Game Bible is good, but I took parts of it and adapted it to my game instead of adopting he short game strategy. If I had infinite amount of time maybe I would :)

Hogan- Five lessons
Sampson- Hogan

Your 15th Club - Dr Bob Rotella

Hogan`s 5 Lessons... although I have many books that have learned from ..I have over 200 golf books...that I have accumulated over the decades and I often go back and read many of them...But Hogan had the biggest impact on my swing...the book is just about falling apart and is dog eared pages with scribbled in notes on most the pages...but I`ll never get rid of it..Jim

For Instruction: The Golfing Machine by Homer Kelly (use internet resources to help get through it more easily and quickly)

For fun: The Match (still the best golf book I've read)

Glad I jumped in the thread. I was looking for something to read on vacation next week, so I just bought The Match for my ereader.

For instruction only book I've read is Tiger Woods: How I play Golf

for fun it is hands down Paper Tiger.

Tension-Free Golf by Dean Reinmuth.

Instruction - Harvey Penick's Little Red Book or Jack Nicklaus Golf My Way

For fun: Rick Reilly's Who's Your Caddy

Paper Tiger - Tom Coyne. Best book I have ever read period. Couldn't put it down. He is an amazingly witty and inlelligent writer.

Rick Reilly's newest book (Sports from Hell, I think) has a chapter on the Elfego Baca shootout off our local mountain, so I should recommend that for a fun read. He totally lays into a guy I play with, saying his swing is really poor, etc. Scott, the guy in question, promises to kick his ass if he ever see Reilly.

Best books for learning though: Hogan's five lessons and Tamayo's Golf Secrets book. The latter book is just a perfect KISS type book for people who don't want to spend much time reading and applying. It synthesize a fair amount from different sources and focuses on a simple, rotary style swing. If you are getting overwhelmed, give that one a shot.

I've got that too.
Great book covering everything from chip shots through driving, right up to diet.

I'd also highly recommend golf is not a game of perfect, putting out of your mind and the golfers mind, play to play great all by Bob Rotella. great books for the mental aspect of the game.

Nice Thread Danny P. But I haven't read any golf books yet. But I read golf magazine and golf digest all the time.

Instruction: The Impact Zone, by Bobby Clampett
Mental: Every Shot Must Have a Purpose.
Mental: The Elements of Scoring, by Ray Floyd.

It's old school but Harvey Pennick's "little red book" is hard to beat

Your 15th Club- Dr Bob Rotella
Little Red Book- Harvey Pennick
Golf for Dummies- Gary McCord

+1 This might be all you need righrt here. Dummies covers the basics well. Harvey Pennick is the man. And Dr Bob Rotella covers the mental side superbly.

Stack And Tilt Book.....it will help the average golfer big time.

for fun it is hands down Paper Tiger.

I'm reading "How I Play Golf" now. I'm about half way through and find it to be a bit braggadocio with all of Tiger's little hero stories about he pulled off this amazing shot and that amazing shot. The instruction is a bit basic too. Will keep reading though.

Back