The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Agreed and next year it will be even worse, its why I believe some times are willing to take chances now.
I still hate the ole "I swear I want to be here, but opting out each year to get mine".

Just make every single contract a single year and move on already. Guaranteed is garbage, the caps are not caps, etc. No player nor team has any loyalty at all. Just make them all single year deals, give everybody a hard cap and move on.

It would definitely make for a better on court product, but good luck getting that passed through the player's union.

It would definitely make for a better on court product, but good luck getting that passed through the player's union.

I know. Unions and this current world...haha

Just make every single contract a single year and move on already. Guaranteed is garbage, the caps are not caps, etc. No player nor team has any loyalty at all. Just make them all single year deals, give everybody a hard cap and move on.
Random factoid: when MLB players won the right to be free agents this concept was Marvin Miller's (head of the player union) biggest fear because he thought it would flood the market with players, thereby increase supply and decreasing demand, which would drive down salaries. Luckily for him, the owners were too stupid to want it.

Lol......

Agreed and next year it will be even worse, its why I believe some times are willing to take chances now.
I still hate the ole "I swear I want to be here, but opting out each year to get mine".

I dunno, Duncan and Ginobili have been pretty loyal to the Spurs imo... Not fair to be all inclusive!

FWIW, loyalty isn't really prevalent in any sports. Players and owners all want to maximize their earnings, which I can't blame either side for wanting to do so. I see no reason DeAndre (or any other recently overvalued contract) should have turned down any money. Especially with the relatively short length of sport careers.

Lakers trading a second round pick for Roy Hibbert. They need a defensive presence in the middle, so that's good but I'm not sure what he's got left in the tank.
I think that's a good pickup for them.

As a Clippers fan, I'm on the edge of my seat right now. Reports are that the Clips have convinced DeAndre to break his verbal commitment with the Mavs and return to them. It also appears that even though he had a meeting with Cuban scheduled today, the Clips have been successful in preventing that meeting from happening and now plan on staying with DeAndre until midnight when they can sign him. I like the devotion here and hope it works out.

This is ridiculous. The already messed up NBA free agency is now CFB recruiting.

The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Like 10 people refuse to leave him until he signs a deal.

Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol he obviously had his fingers crossed when he committed to mavs

This is ridiculous. The already messed up NBA free agency is now CFB recruiting.

Like 10 people refuse to leave him until he signs a deal.

Seriously?

The new NBA is a freaking laughing stock.

Why would you even want a guy on your team that you pretty much had to force to be there?

Oh and he's a 9% ft shooter.

Loving this......can't wait to hear from Cuban tomorrow. LOL

It really is. Its well beyond pathetic.

I cannot wait to see the Mark Cuban implosion and the fine that he racks up after this goes down though. Dallas is now effed.

This is sooo awesome. Ha-Ha

Pathetic .

Acting like a little boy.

Lol, good times.

Pathetic .

Acting like a little boy.

Its crazy how much value a man's word is nowadays isn't it?
He is going to get Graped By A Cowboy in TayHoss.

Let the wrath of Cuban begin. God I hope he racks up $250K in fines after tomorrow. Gold!!!!!

Well, not sure why they have this period where players can meet and "verbally" commit without anything official. I guess teams meeting and courting prevents utter chaos at midnight tonight, but crap like this is going to happen. Buyers remorse and all that.

Well, not sure why they have this period where players can meet and "verbally" commit without anything official. I guess teams meeting and courting prevents utter chaos at midnight tonight, but crap like this is going to happen. Buyers remorse and all that.

Because its the NBA, they have not got something right since about the mid 80s.

NFL has the same method for their free agency. Maybe things don't get as ridiculous in other leagues as the Jordan situation, but things like this happen in all of the pros sports leagues.

Next year will be the Maverick rule. Implemented. Ha!!

Back