Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
im seriouslt thinking about 2 new wedges both tm xft wedges probally 52 and 56 not sure which bounce to go with.

If you like the RAC wedges, they are running a special at Dick's Sporting Goods. 1 for $59.99, 2 for $49.99/ea or 3 for $39.99/ea.

If you like the RAC wedges, they are running a special at Dick's Sporting Goods. 1 for $59.99, 2 for $49.99/ea or 3 for $39.99/ea.

I play older RACs with worn down grooves, and have seen that special. Thought baout picking up some but I think I need a little more bounce in my 58* than they offer.

Miura wedges with some DG spinners. I really enjoyed the low bounce (5 degrees) on them as a picker which I haven't been able to find on any other wedges barring bent ones

Seemore Si3. Rolled one the other day and it's a beauty. Hard to argue with a center shafted mallet for my stroke and the black look is killer. The reviews in the Seemore thread aren't helping the buying impulse either.

I also got to hit a Oban Kiyoshi in a Super fast and woo what combo. Thus the ponder is getting the same thing or getting a Kiyoshi with the adapter for the 910 or scraping everything and going with the S3 with a VC Speeder 6 in it. Bah. I need a fitter that actually has a metric tone of options as I simply haven't been able to entirely gel with a driver yet. Every combo so far just feels a bit off, like it's leaving something on the table.

Finally selling the driver so I can trade up but I'm torn between the R9 supertri and the R11

Finally selling the driver so I can trade up but I'm torn between the R9 supertri and the R11

Have you tried both of those?
The reason I ask is because they are VERY different drivers. Low spin vs mid/high spin, different launch, etc..

Have you tried both of those?
The reason I ask is because they are VERY different drivers. Low spin vs mid/high spin, different launch, etc..

I've had a chance to hit the R9 supertri but not the r11 yet. I'm going to the club tomorrow since the fitting station just came in to try the r11 with some different shafts in it but for me it comes down more to price. I hit the r9 very good and its a lot cheaper being last years model than the r11 but if the r11 performs that much better than it might be worth spending the extra cash. Just wanted to get a feeling on what everyone else though about these two

And how did the Supertri perform? Too much spin? Perfect spin?
I've had a chance to hit the R9 supertri but not the r11 yet. I'm going to the club tomorrow since the fitting station just came in to try the r11 with some different shafts in it but for me it comes down more to price. I hit the r9 very good and its a lot cheaper being last years model than the r11 but if the r11 performs that much better than it might be worth spending the extra cash. Just wanted to get a feeling on what everyone else though about these two

And how did the Supertri perform? Too much spin? Perfect spin?

I didn't hit it with a launch monitor so I have no idea. I'm not to worried about the spin cause I can change the shaft and fix most of that

I didn't hit it with a launch monitor so I have no idea. I'm not to worried about the spin cause I can change the shaft and fix most of that

Im not sure I would go into it like that personally, but if it works for you, that is all that matters.

If you hit the original R9 well, chances are you will like the R11 better than the SuperTri.

Im not sure I would go into it like that personally, but if it works for you, that is all that matters.

If you hit the original R9 well, chances are you will like the R11 better than the SuperTri.

I'm thinking about going to Golfttec and getting re-fit its been five years since I was fit and probably a good idea. I just have to find the time to drive 3 hours

I'm thinking about going to Golfttec and getting re-fit its been five years since I was fit and probably a good idea. I just have to find the time to drive 3 hours

Im all for fitting and think it will serve you 100000% better than picking off the rack.

Im all for fitting and think it will serve you 100000% better than picking off the rack.

I positive it would but the r9 is used from a friend and a great buy for 150. It still looks brand new so I was trying to get a good view about it from the forum members before I jumped on it

I positive it would but the r9 is used from a friend and a great buy for 150. It still looks brand new so I was trying to get a good view about it from the forum members before I jumped on it

Are you talking the normal R9 or the SuperTri? I've played both and prefer the SuperTri, but much of that has to do with my swing tendencies. The SuperTri is a spinnier head and more forgiving that the R9, which I need. The spin seems to give me more carry distance. Both are superb heads and not many drivers sound better when hit well, imo.

Are you talking the normal R9 or the SuperTri? I've played both and prefer the SuperTri, but much of that has to do with my swing tendencies. The SuperTri is a spinnier head and more forgiving that the R9, which I need. The spin seems to give me more carry distance. Both are superb heads and not many drivers sound better when hit well, imo.

The supertri

I love that driver, but it's not for everybody. Same with the R11. Best case scenario is that you try them both out at the same time. You could always buy the ST and sell it too. They are in pretty high demand.

I love that driver, but it's not for everybody. Same with the R11. Best case scenario is that you try them both out at the same time. You could always buy the ST and sell it too. They are in pretty high demand.

Yes, you should test them both, the SuperTri just wasn't for me, way too much spin, but I'm now playing the R9 and love it. If you can hit it before you buy it that would be great.

Yes, you should test them both, the SuperTri just wasn't for me, way too much spin, but I'm now playing the R9 and love it. If you can hit it before you buy it that would be great.

+1 I loved the r9 and the r9 460. The Super Tri was balloon city for me. testing before buying is always a plus. Even if its just a few shots at the range.

EWatts sponsored a demo day last week and I hit a boatload of different drivers. The one I wound up hitting absolute bullets with, I didn't even look at twice to begin with.
Was trying the new Nike VR Red and hitting it OK, nothing to get too excited about.
Sales rep hands me a 9.5* Machspeed Black, round head, and says "Try this". OK, sure, why not, I think. I wind up hitting this thing like no other driver I have ever tried before. Low, straight, boring ball flight well past the 250 pole in the air every time just with an easy swing. Me likey!!
Turns out it has a Project X 6.0 stiff shaft in it which, I didn't know at the time, does not come standard with this club. Why does this guy have a bag full of Machspeed's with Project X shafts? Very strange I thought....
Anyway, now I wonder if it was the shaft I liked so much or was it the head/shaft together? I'm currently playing a UST Pro Force V2 Stiff shaft in my Nickent driver. That was the first time I've ever tried a Project X shaft. I see it comes standard in the Diablo Octane and I have hit those before just a few months ago and was not very impressed.
Not sure what to do here......

EWatts sponsored a demo day last week and I hit a boatload of different drivers. The one I wound up hitting absolute bullets with, I didn't even look at twice to begin with.
Was trying the new Nike VR Red and hitting it OK, nothing to get too excited about.
Sales rep hands me a 9.5* Machspeed Black, round head, and says "Try this". OK, sure, why not, I think. I wind up hitting this thing like no other driver I have ever tried before. Low, straight, boring ball flight well past the 250 pole in the air every time just with an easy swing. Me likey!!
Turns out it has a Project X 6.0 stiff shaft in it which, I didn't know at the time, does not come standard with this club. Why does this guy have a bag full of Machspeed's with Project X shafts? Very strange I thought....
Anyway, now I wonder if it was the shaft I liked so much or was it the head/shaft together? I'm currently playing a UST Pro Force V2 Stiff shaft in my Nickent driver. That was the first time I've ever tried a Project X shaft. I see it comes standard in the Diablo Octane and I have hit those before just a few months ago and was not very impressed.

Have you thought about getting a shaft fitting?

I think you said it yourself.....'you likey' If that combo seemed to work, why question it?

Have you thought about getting a shaft fitting?

I did the Mizuno shaft optimizer thing when I bought my set of Diablo irons but we didn't get into a driver shaft fitting. I really want to do one now after hitting all those drivers with different shafts last week.
I received an email from EWatts that they are having a "Fitting Week" this week so I am thinking of going to do it. Just wonder how much it will cost me since that wasn't mentioned in the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back