ahh2fly

Fred Couples' New Caddy
Reaction score
Handicap
VERY HIGH
What's wrong with Augusta having men only as members? Why can't guys have places to go without women. And women places without men. Sheesh. What's the big freakin' deal? Get over it. We are different!!!

ugh I thought this was about strip clubs. lol :angel:

I agree with you. It seems people are overly sensitive nowadays, it bothers me

I can see this becoming a very dangerous topic.

I believe in complete equality between genders, but sometimes I do wish that there was a place I could go without being around women.

You will always get the extremists who protest and argue just to hear their own voices. We had a discussion about this, I believe last year, and some people will still get up in arms about equal rights but I would say we are all pretty equal at this point. Sure a woman can't join, who cares? If they don't want me then I don't want to be there. I am not going to stand on principle and say that I should be a member just because I should and can. There are plenty of other establishments that would be happy to have me, plus I would NEVER drop the kind of money they want for initial fee. No Thank You!

We have women only gyms, how is that fair then? It's just silly. We have women in very high positions in government, if they can make it there I say we are doing pretty well with the equal rights.

I can see this becoming a very dangerous topic.

I believe in complete equality between genders, but sometimes I do wish that there was a place I could go without being around women.

And trust me, we feel the same way. It's nothing against the other gender but sometimes you just want to be away from guys/girls. There is nothing wrong with that at all. If this topic gets heated I will move it to the debate room.

And trust me, we feel the same way. It's nothing against the other gender but sometimes you just want to be away from guys/girls. There is nothing wrong with that at all. If this topic gets heated I will move it to the debate room.

I'm glad I'm not out to lunch on this then.

In my social circle, I was almost booted for suggesting a guys' only weekend out at a cabin or a camp ground. Just so we can 'be men'.

There are ladies clubs and mens clubs. Nothing wrong with either, imo.

Saint Andrews does not even allow any women in the Great Hall, including staff, let alone on the golf course.

ugh I thought this was about strip clubs. lol :angel:

I wouldn't go to one of those.

But yeah, I do not see a single problem with a place deciding to be exclusive to one sex, it's their choice on who enters or doesn't.

I agree. I went into a co-ed bathroom once! Weirdest.experience.ever

I went into a ladies bathroom by mistake one time. Boy was that a mistake :beat-up:

In my social circle, I was almost booted for suggesting a guys' only weekend out at a cabin or a camp ground. Just so we can 'be men'.

No, not at all. I love my husband more than anything in this world but there are times when I just want to spend a day with the girls. It's nothing against him but I want to talk about girl stuff and he certainly doesn't want to hear it. And he enjoys on the course with his guy friends and I encourage it because I know it makes him happy and a happy husband means a happy wife and vice versa.

I went into a ladies bathroom by mistake one time. Boy was that a mistake :beat-up:

I will admit that I have used the men's bathroom many times. The ladies lines are often very long and during those days in college where I consumed a cold beverage or two I didn't care which bathroom I used as long as I was able to go asap. You just know to keep your eyes straight and make a beeline for the stall.

I will admit that I have used the men's bathroom many times. The ladies lines are often very long and during those days in college where I consumed a cold beverage or two I didn't care which bathroom I used as long as I was able to go asap. You just know to keep your eyes straight and make a beeline for the stall.

Now that is funny! I remember KellyBo walking into a mens bathroom (in a hurry) one time. She came out with the biggest :D on her face! I am not sure if it was from embarrassment or excitement. :act-up:

Now that is funny! I remember KellyBo walking into a mens bathroom (in a hurry) one time. She came out with the biggest :D on her face! I am not sure if it was from embarrassment or excitement. :act-up:

Probably a little of both. It's slightly embarrassing. I would bet most women have used a mens bathroom at some point in their life. Our lines are just too long! And let me tell you the ladies room is no cleaner then the mens, possibly even worse. Women can be pretty gross too.

That's crazy...my wife and I believe that getting away from each other every now and then is a good and needed thing. We have been taking at least one separate vacation/year and 2 together for as long as I can remember, and we have been married for over 15 years. If you do everything together, how do you have anything to talk about? Just my .02

every ladies day at the club makes me wish i worked at a 'men only' facility. the ladies tend to make things difficult.....and not just the golf.

as far as ANGC....i'd play it in a heartbeat if i ever got the chance. and i applaud them for standing up and sticking to their guns. they should've turned them on MArtha Burk.

i kid.

What's wrong with Augusta having men only as members? Why can't guys have places to go without women. And women places without men. Sheesh. What's the big freakin' deal? Get over it. We are different!!!

As our tax paying dollars that go to scientists day after day year after year just so they can keep coming out with reports that men and women are different goes to show.

and men wil never say no to a lady in the men's room line either....
Probably a little of both. It's slightly embarrassing. I would bet most women have used a mens bathroom at some point in their life. Our lines are just too long! And let me tell you the ladies room is no cleaner then the mens, possibly even worse. Women can be pretty gross too.

My buddies first job working here in Vegas was an EVS attendent. That's fancy speak for the guy who cleans up messes. He said the same thing about the Woman's bathroom. What in the hell is going on in there?

I once accidently walked into a women's bathroom by accident. When I say walk into, I made it 1 step through the doorway when I bumped into a woman walking out. I immediatly realized my mistake, apoligized to the woman, and turned around. The lady completly flipped out on me. Saying there was no way I could make a "Mistake" like that. This was at a dinner after a Charity Golf Tournament and she went off. Telling anyone who would listen to her about the "pervert" sitting at the next table. After about 40 minutes of this, I realized something:
1. My boss was there. 2. My Boss's Boss was there. 3. My boss's boss's boss was there.
After frequently apologizing to her I realized there was nothing I could do to appease her. So I ate my burnt steak and left.

Long story short, the lady threatened to sue me and the people running the tournament. My only thought is this: Its NOT COOL to label the men and women's bathroom with a Red and Blue tee! Label them correctly people and this kind of thing wont happen.

My buddies first job working here in Vegas was an EVS attendent. That's fancy speak for the guy who cleans up messes. He said the same thing about the Woman's bathroom. What in the hell is going on in there?

I once accidently walked into a women's bathroom by accident. When I say walk into, I made it 1 step through the doorway when I bumped into a woman walking out. I immediatly realized my mistake, apoligized to the woman, and turned around. The lady completly flipped out on me. Saying there was no way I could make a "Mistake" like that. This was at a dinner after a Charity Golf Tournament and she went off. Telling anyone who would listen to her about the "pervert" sitting at the next table. After about 40 minutes of this, I realized something:
1. My boss was there. 2. My Boss's Boss was there. 3. My boss's boss's boss was there.
After frequently apologizing to her I realized there was nothing I could do to appease her. So I ate my burnt steak and left.

Long story short, the lady threatened to sue me and the people running the tournament. My only thought is this: Its NOT COOL to label the men and women's bathroom with a Red and Blue tee! Label them correctly people and this kind of thing wont happen.

I completely agree. I hate stupidly marked doors.
There's one pub that has the outline of two different dogs demarking which is which. The only difference is the crown - try figuring that one out when you're a few beers deep. If I cna't figure it out, I just hang around a bit and wait to see who comes out of which, and hope they were right.

There's a debate room?

I completely agree. I hate stupidly marked doors.
There's one pub that has the outline of two different dogs demarking which is which. The only difference is the crown - try figuring that one out when you're a few beers deep. If I cna't figure it out, I just hang around a bit and wait to see who comes out of which, and hope they were right.

I think that it should be required for your business/liquor/food serving license to have the doors clearly marked with the international symbols. I'm like RatFink in some of these places, just wait and see who come's out of where but sometimes you just have to take the chance. Even though it is 50/50 it sure seems like the odds are stacked against you after making up your mind though.

I don't know what it is about the women's rooms. After working in restaraunts and bars I noticed the same thing with women's rooms generally being messier, paper towels/tissues and water all over. I think it may have to do with the make-up.

Back