Rory Sabatini Changing Clubs?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So here is a little scoop for everybody. While at Doral we took a trip over the tour vans and Taylormade was closed up. Out pops Rory Sabatini with some clubs in his hand. Then over at the range we see him hitting the R9. Hmmm?

488758355_tUf9B-L.jpg

JB that is huge!!!! I wonder if he will play that this week. I wonder how his sponsers feel about him trying out the R9. I can't believe this. Great work snooping around the trailers. Keep it up!!!!

I don't think he has any sponsors (other than Nerf) right now. Adams fired him, and he's been using several different sticks since then. He was rumored to be talking with Callaway, but nothing ever came of it.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is his right hand really far over (i.e. weak)?

JB you are such a great detective/spy :D

That picture could be worth thousands!! :D

• Admin
Even better, we will have video from the Taylormade Tour truck watching them make his clubs. Very cool stuff coming over the next day or so for everyone.

Great job JB!!!!!

Great Pics JB. Good work!

• Admin
Well THP had it first, but it is now official. Rory signed with TM last night.

It was pretty neat we were actually hanging out with his caddie in the TM tour van while they were making his clubs and shooting our THP videos.

How does Signing even work? Rory walks into the Van says "I want to play your clubs" and they negotiate a deal?

Dent,
He asked to try out the clubs. He came back raving about them and had his agent speak with TM. The rest is history.

Dent,
He asked to try out the clubs. He came back raving about them and had his agent speak with TM. The rest is history.

It must be nice to get a sponsor deal like that. I wish I could walk into a tour van, try clubs, then have my agent contact the manufacture, and finally get paid for playing the clubs. :act-up:

Will he still have a nerf staff bag?

They told us he will this week most likely, but soon it will be a TM bag.

TM:

I played your irons and driver recently, and boy did I love them. Despite my avatar, my staff bag spot remains available as well. I look forward to receiving the newly minted clubs. Please make the irons -1/2"/-1*. JB will forward my shipping address. Best regards,

WSE

It must be nice to get a sponsor deal like that. I wish I could walk into a tour van, try clubs, then have my agent contact the manufacture, and finally get paid for playing the clubs. :act-up:

Don't we all. Anyone know a good agent??

That's pretty cool that the pictures were seen here first and then shortly after he signed with TM. :alien2: :banana: Once again we are first in line.

We were psyched to be the first ones to announce that. It was great to see it from start to finish, first the bag at the tour van, then the man himself playing the driver at the range, than back to the van later where we see the bag again, his caddie inside and the taylormade men making his clubs....that was pretty cool.

Back