Contest Suggestion for THP's 1,000,000th post

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
well, THP has about 840,000 posts and is creeping up towards 1,000,000. i think it would be cool and help get activity up to throw a little something out there for that lucky post. just an idea

I say let JB and GG worry about that. If they want to do something, it's up to them. This place is not just about contests.

I say let JB and GG worry about that. If they want to do something, it's up to them. This place is not just about contests.

::looks at the threads about get togethers and outings::

+1 smallville

well, THP has about 840,000 posts and is creeping up towards 1,000,000. i think it would be cool and help get activity up to throw a little something out there for that lucky post. just an idea

So are you donating the prize?

I actually think if handled correctly could bring in more members and increase the exposure of THP. Yes it is up to JB and GG. It's a ploy used by businesses through social media.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

I actually think if handled correctly could bring in more members and increase the exposure of THP. Yes it is up to JB and GG. It's a ploy used by businesses through social media.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

I agree with this line of thought, but if anyone knows how to do things right, it's JB and GG.

I think Smallville got it right. There is a LOT more to this site than contests and give a ways.

If you're up to donate a prize/run it, then I'd say go for it. We got a Fed Ex Cup Playoffs contest going for bragging rights. JB and GG really set up some great contests, and I'd agree with what Smallville said regarding that.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Calm down...it's just a suggestion. No one is planning a munity. I think it sounds like a fun idea, but if JB, GG, etal...don't go for it.. I'm sure there's a reason.

We've never been shy of contests before, I don't think well be shy of any any time soon.

How do these suggestion threads keep coming up? Jeez newbies. Just sit back and relax, your minds will be blown soon enough of they hadn't been already.

Calm down...it's just a suggestion. No one is planning a munity. I think it sounds like a fun idea, but if JB, GG, etal...don't go for it.. I'm sure there's a reason.

thank you. jesus.... you woulda thought i asked small to donate the prize. it was just an idea. even if its just a hat or something, it would be cool to watch the posts mount up and get close to the million

THP HQ's must not be too opposed to the idea....they shared this thread via facebook.

No we didnt.
Facebook updates the contest section on their page automatically.

I want a contest for who can make the most contest request threads.

look it was just an idea seems 1,000,000 posts seems like a big deal to me. guess im not as up tight as the rest of the members here

look it was just an idea seems 1,000,000 posts seems like a big deal to me. guess im not as up tight as the rest of the members here

I'm extremely uptight.

I want a contest for who can make the most contest request threads.

Win a free 2 week vacation away from THP with a fancy white colored font for your screen name? :D :D :D

Just a joke. :smile:

Whoa.
I have not responded to the thread because I did not see it as necessary. However I dont think calling people uptight is really the best way to go about things.
THP has new contests and announcements almost every week on a ton of different things. There is nothing wrong with the suggestion, but perhaps the best way to handle it would have been to PM a mod about the idea rather than ask again for THP to donate another prize for a contest.

Its nothing against this request as 1 million posts is a big deal. As is 3 years up and the growth THP has seen.
But please understand that while we have new contests for a myriad of things, requesting a donation of a prize again, can look to some as the reason a person is here.
Whether that is right or wrong, it can come off that way even though I know that is not the intention at the outset.

thank you. jesus.... you woulda thought i asked small to donate the prize. it was just an idea. even if its just a hat or something, it would be cool to watch the posts mount up and get close to the million

I'm just getting tired of people coming in and thinking this place is only about the contests. The people who are doing the suggesting are new members. Figure it out, there are plenty of contests going on here, I'm sure they would continue without these helpful suggestions.

No we didnt.
Facebook updates the contest section on their page automatically.

Really? That's just weird.

No need to answer cause I do believe you but it just *appears* that THP HQ's is promoting the thread when in fact they aren't. Will keep that in mind when I see future things like that on FB. Any other nuances we should/can know about with FB?

I'm just getting tired of people coming in and thinking this place is only about the contests. The people who are doing the suggesting are new members. Figure it out, there are plenty of contests going on here, I'm sure they would continue without these helpful suggestions.

:clapp:

Isn't this forum here for people to talk and now literally live golf with other members of this forum? I've only been here six months or so (NEWBIE) and have learned more about equipment than I've ever known. I haven't been a part of many forums but when I joined I didnt realize things were given out for testing or contests. Usually when a thread comes up like this I ignore it and go on my way but with some of the comments in here I just had to post. Let's please get rid of this thread and continue enjoying this site for the reason there are almost 1 million post. Thanks!!

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I wasn't suggesting this so thp could give a prize away. it was an idea for added forum activity. I can see how "older" members can take this as a new guy wanting a handout or something, but believe me that's not the case here. and next time I have an idea that I feel will be fun and helpful for the site, ill just message someone instead of sharing it with the community.

I wasn't suggesting this so thp could give a prize away. it was an idea for added forum activity. I can see how "older" members can take this as a new guy wanting a handout or something, but believe me that's not the case here. and next time I have an idea that I feel will be fun and helpful for the site, ill just message someone instead of sharing it with the community.
Backpedal much?

Maybe it would be best just to let this thread die.

Back