Rory Sabbatini's new clubs

Which model of the burner hybrid was it? Was it the 2008 or the adjustable 2009? Thanks JB and Golfgal

It was the 08 version. Taylormade has told us they will publish a Whats in the bag for Rory coming up soon, so we will leave this one alone until that comes up.

Which model of the burner hybrid was it? Was it the 2008 or the adjustable 2009? Thanks JB and Golfgal

I don't think the 2009 TM Burner is adjustable, the 2009 Rescue Hybrid that came out with the R9 series is though.

I wonder why Rory Sabbatini went with the old burner driver, over the R9? When is Taylor Made suppose to post Rory's Bag?

It will be a few weeks. He is still testing equipment and deciding what he wants to play full time.

Saw some new pictures on another site showing Rory bagging the Taylor Made R7 irons! I am curious what Rory is trying this week in Tampa:bomb:

He played those last week during a practice round.

Did Rory have the kbs shafts in the r7's also? Did we find out what shafts Rory had in his driver 3 wood and hybrid?

This just came back from Taylormade. This is what he played at Doral and what he is playing this week.

ADAMS 18* Hybrid
ADAMS 20* Hybrid
ODYSSEY (BLACK SERIES I-9)
TAYLOR (PW; TOUR PREFERRED)
TAYLOR (SW; RAC; 56)
TAYLOR (LW; RAC; 60)
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW with KBS Shafts
Burner 9.5* with Motore stiff shaft.
Callaway footwear
Callaway Golf Ball

How about his 3 wood. Are the hybrids adams pro golds with what shafts? What model of wedges is he playing? Do you know the details of Rory's new contract. Like how many clubs. It is interesting he is still using adams hybrids, callaway ball, shoes, glove while being under contract with Taylor Made:bulgy-eyes:

I listed what wedges he is playing. Taylormade is not going to have any information on what type of hybrids he is playing from Adams. Most players have the ability to play a ball of their choosing as well as apparel. Most players have separate contracts for those items.

Sorry, what kind of wedges have? Z tp smokes, rac satin, y cutters? There is many kinds of Taylor wedges as you know

Rac Satin wedges.
Its starting to sound like you are stalking the guy....hehe

Original heads from what I have been told.

What version of burner 08 driver is he using? Version 1, version 2, LCG, all black head?

What version of burner 08 driver is he using? Version 1, version 2, LCG, all black head?

if you look at the video jb posted you can see from the sole it appears to be the '07 burner, likely a tp version with the more compact head and lower center of gravity. He was also fit for the r9 as well though. I think that's about all the information JB has at the moment though. I think you know as much as us right now, he's in a changing process so it may change in the upcomming weeks as he gets more TM stuff, though those Adams has been in his bag since he was a Nike Staffer.

Did anyone hear what Rory Sabbatini had in the bag for round 1. I saw pictures of the practice rounds and he had the r9 driver in the bag with r7 irons. Looking for some inside info. Thanks

I have been on a lot of golf forums. And I mean absolutely no disrespect here at all. But I have never ever seen someone so obsessed with a person's bag. Please dont take that the wrong way, but I am dead serious. TM says he is playing the Tour Preferred irons.

Did anyone hear what Rory Sabbatini had in the bag for round 1. I saw pictures of the practice rounds and he had the r9 driver in the bag with r7 irons. Looking for some inside info. Thanks

Just curious, how come you have to know so much about players bags?

NOW, NOW! I am not obsessed. I am a fan of Rory's he does alot of good things for alot of people. He has rubbed some people the wrong way, but who doesn't. For some reason his attitude towards the game and other players, I think is awesome. There is people out there who are really big Tiger Woods fans and they wear the tiger hats and clothes and they want tiger's clubs. I am kinda like that with Rory. JB, I lied when I said I did not want a Rory bag. I thought if I did say I did, I would get the reaction like the last couple posts. I thought this site was different. But maybe I was wrong. If you know what he has in the bag this week let me know and I will not say another thing again about him, so you guys do not think I am obsessed.:angry:

Can a forum apply for a restraining order?

are you guys being serious, this sucks!

No, good natured ribbing. Like a family but I do think Rory is a pompous ass, not as much as Sergio but still an ass.

Back