Luke Donald re-ups with Mizuno

mesaman777

Reaction score
Handicap
~
Apparently he is putting the JPX900 Tours in play. This makes me happy, it seems that more players are leaving Mizuno than joining them. I know there are a bunch of European Tour guy's playing the brand, but they aren't as popular in the states. The 900 Tours are a sweet club IMO.

is he going to be playing the driver?

I almost wish Tiger would have went with Mizuno for his iron's, didn't he used to use them in the 90's? What a boost for Mizuno that would be:banana:

The article didn't specify woods, but a look at the Mizuno site shows him gaming the EZ hybrid and the T7 wedges. Nothing about the top of the bag. I'm curious about it though.

I almost wish Tiger would have went with Mizuno for his iron's, didn't he used to use them in the 90's? What a boost for Mizuno that would be:banana:

I think he played them early in his career, from when he was an amateur to his first year on tour. Then he signed with Titleist for a while.

I'm betting still TM driver with Mizzy headcover.

Though if there was ever one for him to put into play, this (900) would be the one IMO.

Wasn't sure if this was a tour topic or equipment topic. Sorry about that. Should have gone with my first instinct:embarrassed:

M2 driver (2016), M1 fairway (2017), JPX EZ 2Hy
Bummer for Mizzy. Looks like the JPX 900 will go the way of their other drivers.

Bummer for Mizzy. Looks like the JPX 900 will go the way of their other drivers.

Its sad. When they can't get the most Mizzy guy on the Mizzy staff to play it, thats a bummer.

Moreso because its a damn good driver.

I wonder why no Mizuno woods? They make some great products!!

Its sad. When they can't get the most Mizzy guy on the Mizzy staff to play it, thats a bummer.

Moreso because its a damn good driver.
Yup and goes back to the talk about colored heads that stand out on TV. It's noticeable when it's there but also noticeable when it's missing. For all the talk about the blue Nike drivers, you knew when someone was playing it.

Yup and goes back to the talk about colored heads that stand out on TV. It's noticeable when it's there but also noticeable when it's missing. For all the talk about the blue Nike drivers, you knew when someone was playing it.

Exactly.

I really am surprised because I thought for sure this was the Mizzy driver we would see on tour finally for their staffers.

Like to see this. Luke and Mizuno and almost inseparable in the mind at this point.

Exactly.

I really am surprised because I thought for sure this was the Mizzy driver we would see on tour finally for their staffers.

TaylorMade handing out them dolla dolla bills for tour players to game their drivers is tough to overcome. I agree though, I'd really love to see a tour player finally game a Mizuno driver, because they've been solid for a few years now.

Not really surprised and glad he is staying. Hoping he can regain some of his past success

Though I'm not sure Mizuno needs the tour presence with the following of their irons they already have, losing Luke would be a big blow. The 2nd most known player they have is who...Chris Wood?

That's awesome. Always great stuff regardless if they don't open their wallet for a bunch of tour players...

TaylorMade handing out them dolla dolla bills for tour players to game their drivers is tough to overcome.

i'd really like to know how much they actually pay.

Always thought Donald was one of the most overrated players ever. Every time I tuned in to watch him play he played poorly.

I had no clue he was even still top 100 in OWGR til I just looked

Though I'm not sure Mizuno needs the tour presence with the following of their irons they already have, losing Luke would be a big blow. The 2nd most known player they have is who...Chris Wood?

Yeah Wood would be my guess. I was kinda surprised when Howell III left them, but that could have been Mizuno's doing. Then there's always Stacy Lewis........

Back