Will you take the "What did you shoot pledge?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, since I am playing in the Gauntlet, here we go....last 20 scores....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437139969.097829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the last 3 days I have shot a 55 for 9, 96 for 18, and 81 for 18. I posted them all. No shame in showing the ups and downs.

Im sure there are people here that can hit it that far. I'm just saying, when an amateur says they hit a smooth Pw 145 uphill into a headwind to a foot ( and I see claims like this almost daily in " best shot of you're round" thread), I have a hard time believing it.

Having played with more than a few people that post in that thread, I'd believe every one of them when they say they did it. Get out to an event and meet some of these people and you'll see that the people here are quite the honest sort.

Playing tomorrow for the first time in a week and a half with no range sessions since and don't worry, I'll be posting whether it's 78 or 98! More likely somewhere in between though haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If people aren't lying then a good portion of this forum should try to qualify for the tour because they have similar numbers or better than a lot of pros. I've only seen these numbers from Internet golfers or pros.

Now, This week the NC Egolf tour is at my home course. Those guys were hitting numbers like a lot of people here claim. And they are pros.
I really think you are confusing the difference between hitting one shot the crazy distance vs what people regularly hit. I'm just as guilty of posting a crazy distance as anyone, but it's only post worthy exactly because it is crazy.

Back to the OP, I post them all already.

I think you aren't spending enough time in that thread. Actually find this thread a little insulting to forum members.

Agreed....to be honest I don't post my scores on there as often as I should and don't believe I have posted a score in that thread once this season....

Im sure there are people here that can hit it that far. I'm just saying, when an amateur says they hit a smooth Pw 145 uphill into a headwind to a foot ( and I see claims like this almost daily in " best shot of you're round" thread), I have a hard time believing it.

Granted I just went back a couple pages, and I don't go in there that frequently because I rarely have boast worthy shots...but I didn't really see anything of what you are claiming. Not saying it doesn't happen, but a lot of the guys in there I have golfed with or know people that have golfed with them, and they are all pretty honest guys. Hard to lie when so many people around this site know your game.

A 145 yard PW isn't actually that crazy though. I'd say for amateurs ~120-130 will be more typical, but I don't bat an eye if someone says they hit one 145 with it around here. Like everyone else has said, you can't really lie about your numbers if you're going to be around other people from this site often. If anyone is fabricating their numbers to feel better about themselves, they probably aren't ones to come to events anyway.

This thread baffles me.

But I make everything up Dean. All the time.

I'm making this up RIGHT NOW!

I don't believe you. Until you take the pledge that is.

I don't believe you. Until you take the pledge that is.

fdaabae77654da76fec52373e4e25898.jpg

But I make everything up Dean. All the time.

I'm making this up RIGHT NOW!

that make me chuckle.

I think most people here are honest with their games. I do not post much in that thread, because I already post in the breaking 90 thread.

the shot of the day comment is weird, we all have a great shot once in a while, what make us hacks and not pros are the bad shots, not the good ones

the shot of the day comment is weird, we all have a great shot once in a while, what make us hacks and not pros are the bad shots, not the good ones

I think of it like this, the old Titelist commercial that said "we all hit great shots, the pros just do it more often" is 100% true. And because of the less common nature of those great shots for us, we should revel in them to some degree.

And if someone reads something I post and decides not to believe me, that's their own problem with trust issues they need to work out.

So it seems that most (not everyone) with a Handicap in the single digits is offended by this thread and everyone at 15+ is yelling "yeah right on!" I think most (not everyone) are NOT lying in there. But at the same time, it can be demoralizing to listen to people complaining about one of the worst rounds of their life and shot an 86. Some of us have been grinding for 30 yrs and broke 90 twice.

Not sure there is a solution to this. Low cappers have a right to complain, and it's understandable how high cappers feel. There probably are people that only post low scores... or only post handicap adjusted scores instead of what they actually shot... but the majority are likely telling the truth.

Also, hit my wedge 200yds all the time... every time I line up for a 50yd shot; and blade it.

My point in creating the thread, was simply in my opinion, the majority of the scores being posted were very good scores. In no way did I even insinuate the scores were dishonest. Nor did I say there weren't some bad rounds being posted. It was simply my observation as I read through the thread it gave me the impression the majority of golfers at THP must be single-digit types.

I also admitted my personal failing in that vanity some times prevented me from posting my bad rounds. Apparently, I was completely alone in that.

Since posting the thread, I have noticed more higher rounds being posted.

I apologize my good intentions have offended so many.

I forgot to post on the "what did you shoot" thread any of my rounds from KC. But I posted them for my handicap.
I still stink, but I am stinking less recently. Don't believe me? Look up my GHIN handicap if you know my last name and my home state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all goes back to letting THP be what you want it to be. I'd not a big fan of advertising bad rounds, but I do enjoy celebrating my good ones. Recently, I had about 7 straight scores in the mid to high 70s -- I posted them in one conglomeration because I wasn't excited about them after having completed each one individually -- However I do like to update the thread.

We post what we think is meaningful. I think our handicaps on display for the world do a nice job in telling what our abilities are.

Easy fix.
THP Events

I just think your views on the topic were pretty short sided. WHO CARES if someone is excited about breaking 90,80, or even 70 in a round, but they are disappointed in shooting 10 shots higher the next day. Does it matter? Hell no. Why would you care if more high scores are being posted? Conversly if you saw nothing by high scores would you be looking to see more low scores posted and think that this place was for nothing by high handicap golfers? Honestly I just picked a random page in the thread, http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?44364-What-did-you-shoot-today/page436 there are higher scores and lower scores. IF people take the time and read threads they will see that people post highs and lows. They should not and probably would not get the impression that was posted in the OP that we are all low single digit golfers who constantly shoot in the 70's. That's my point. I think this thread has bad taste written all over it. Those are my thoughts.

I can't shoot 70's yet :disapointed:

I just think your views on the topic were pretty short sided. WHO CARES if someone is excited about breaking 90,80, or even 70 in a round, but they are disappointed in shooting 10 shots higher the next day. Does it matter? Hell no. Why would you care if more high scores are being posted? Conversly if you saw nothing by high scores would you be looking to see more low scores posted and think that this place was for nothing by high handicap golfers? Honestly I just picked a random page in the thread, http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?44364-What-did-you-shoot-today/page436 there are higher scores and lower scores. IF people take the time and read threads they will see that people post highs and lows. They should not and probably would not get the impression that was posted in the OP that we are all low single digit golfers who constantly shoot in the 70's. That's my point. I think this thread has bad taste written all over it. Those are my thoughts.

I think what Wade was getting at, was that it can be intimidating as a high cap to see lower scores in the WDYST thread... and frankly, I get that... But I see it the same way I do when you buy a new car, start driving down the street, and suddenly EVERYONE is driving that style of car.... It's not so much that the scores are low as a whole, I just think the lower scores are more noticeable when you're looking for them.

I think what Wade was getting at, was that it can be intimidating as a high cap to see lower scores in the WDYST thread... and frankly, I get that... But I see it the same way I do when you buy a new car, start driving down the street, and suddenly EVERYONE is driving that style of car.... It's not so much that the scores are low as a whole, I just think the lower scores are more noticeable when you're looking for them.

That's so true. I never really noticed Mazda's. And then I got one and now they are EVERYWHERE

Fair enough Dean. Perhaps my good intentions were short-sighted. Wouldn't be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back