SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

1. How are you gripping the putter?
Conventional grip, left pointer overlapping my right pinky, let hand thumb down the center(ish) of the grip, right hand in a slightly 'stronger grip' with thumb on the right side.

2. What issues did you see in route to learning this setup?
Trying to shoulders back and weight on the balls of the feet. But I'm a visual person so I try to think of Gary Woodland...

3, Have you switched to another putter yet and if so how much do you continue to use the SeeMore setup?
I haven't switched, don't plan on it, but if I did I would keep the SeeMore setup... it seems to be working...

4. If you had to pick one or two tips that helped you the most with this putter, what would they be?
RST for consistent set up... and the SeeMore set up for a good stroke.

5. Lastly, how is your SeeMore holding up?
Still new, since I jumped on the bandwagon based on reviews etc...

Awesome. Thanks guys. My putting grip is a mystery to me. I just made it up and don't know if it's hurting or helping.

Huge skim alert..

Would anyone say their putting stroke has been affected at all like do you feel more confident that you're coming through with better contact on the ball since testing with the different putters.

And would anyone say that their putting stats has improved. Less three putts and such?

I have gone from a putting average of 32.2 to 30.5 currently and my handicap has dropped just slightly more than that. I call that a great improvement. I am pretty much automatic under 5 feet and yesterday made putts of 50' and 18' for bird. I did have one 3 putt, big downhill bender for eagle from 35'.... three putt par after I ran it by 12 feet! HAHA I had 31 putts yesterday on very hard, fast, sloping greens.

Here are some photos I just snapped showing wear (if you want to call it that). Still basically looks brand new - if I am not using it, the THP cover is keeping it safe from harm!

DSC_9982.jpg

DSC_9978.jpg

DSC_9977.jpg

DSC_9980.jpg

DSC_9981.jpg

Huge skim alert..

Would anyone say their putting stroke has been affected at all like do you feel more confident that you're coming through with better contact on the ball since testing with the different putters.

And would anyone say that their putting stats has improved. Less three putts and such?

Skimmer, lol. Yes, my confidence with this putter and stroke has lowered my putting average by 2 to 3 strokes around since the beginning of this year and 3 to 4 over last years average. I still think its a bit high, but over the last 20 rounds from Ghin I'm averaging 31.2 strokes per round.

I'd love to see a picture of the recommended grip from Seemore.

Glad you found this. I asked the questions about grip because I still see issues for me and keep catching myself going back to the old style and or running my index finger down the side that has hurt my stroke at times.

Mcook, that thing looks like brand new. I will try to get some pic's up, but I'm seeing some scratches and wear, though I have played a ton since being laid off, lol. Almost every day.

Mcook, that thing looks like brand new. I will try to get some pic's up, but I'm seeing some scratches and wear, though I have played a ton since being laid off, lol. Almost every day.

Only play once maybe twice a week here and my range sessions have consisted of iron testing lately. Keeping it covered and wiping it down on those wet morning when leaving the green helps a ton. I do occasionally get sand stuck in the insert but I just carefully nudge it with a razor blade or very small flathead screwdriver and then use my air compressor to blow it off.

I took my SeeMore out yesterday on my dayoff and jumped around a bit practicing a few things. I'm still adjusting to my setup a little bit. I'm slightly adjusting my aim since my eyeline is just inside the ball as oppose to down the line and I'm also getting used to the speed a little bit as well since this is quite a different 'style' than I previously used. I'm hitting the ball in the center of the putter nearly everytime... I seemed to be at least scaring the hole more often and making it exciting. I have had a few poor putts when I have caught myself peaking. I'd give more details, but right now I still consider myself in practice/learning mode...

Overall I'm still only 2 weeks in (2 times out and mancave practice) and I am excited. I really just need to adjust my aim a tad and get used to the speed (reading greeens better would help too...). I have a Capt and Crew tourney tomorow assuming the rain holds off... If I play I'll give a more detailed report after the holiday weekend.

I invented mine also... Im equally as confused as to whether it hurts, helps, or works. But I know that it doesnt work lol
Awesome. Thanks guys. My putting grip is a mystery to me. I just made it up and don't know if it's hurting or helping.

Good day on the greens today for me. 31 putts with one stupid 3 putt. Made several 8-12 footers to save some timely pars and bogeys. Only thing I am pondering now is the SeeMore belly putters...intriguing stuff!

Tappin' from my iPad!

So I"ve hit a bit of a wall recently. I just reverted back to a double sided miss and of course my ever present lag issue was still there. Have gone back to the ball slightly front of middle and have really been practicing 3-5 footers with great success. I've read an article about short putts and it said to not take a long stroke on those. Just try to hit the ball. This has made a big difference in my confidence with these putts.

I had a horrible Day today. They did the greens never said anything . We didnt know until First hole lots of sand :banghead:

So I"ve hit a bit of a wall recently. I just reverted back to a double sided miss and of course my ever present lag issue was still there. Have gone back to the ball slightly front of middle and have really been practicing 3-5 footers with great success. I've read an article about short putts and it said to not take a long stroke on those. Just try to hit the ball. This has made a big difference in my confidence with these putts.

Glad to hear your seeing good results from the practice. Those 3 to 5 footers have been hurting my score and after hearing the "Golf Myths" radio segment I started practicing those hard, but hitting it to a tee rather than the hole's. It's really helped out a lot. One course I play actually has pegs rather than holes on its practice green, so I will be practicing a ton there.

Glad to hear your seeing good results from the practice. Those 3 to 5 footers have been hurting my score and after hearing the "Golf Myths" radio segment I started practicing those hard, but hitting it to a tee rather than the hole's. It's really helped out a lot. One course I play actually has pegs rather than holes on its practice green, so I will be practicing a ton there.

My practice course has those little holes. I really like doing the routine on that. At this point Duey it's all mental with me. I've got a good stroke. My aim is fine. There is just a flip that is switched when I play 18/9 that makes me go brainless on the putting surface.

My practice course has those little holes. I really like doing the routine on that. At this point Duey it's all mental with me. I've got a good stroke. My aim is fine. There is just a flip that is switched when I play 18/9 that makes me go brainless on the putting surface.

I think we all go through little cycles with the putter at times. I think I was just making too long of a swing, but the practice sure seemed to help. Good luck man.

I've been meaning to show a picture or two of my Si3 just to show how well its holding up after this long. The black certainly does show wear, but I think that's to be expected, nothing that effects play at all. I would love to be able to show no wear at all, but its taken a few scratches going back in the back and from sandy greens.

SI1.jpg

SI2.jpg

Well... I played in my Capt and Crew tourney today. We shot 13 under... so that was great, but I was the anchor man and I didn't get to put that much and the times I did was from 20+ feet. I burned a few edges and rimmed one out. The only put I made was from 15 feet for birdie on our last hole.

I've been playing around with my grip a little bit trying to find something that works for the SeeMore stroke and feels comfortable for me. I think I have it figured out and my distance control has been much better. Practice, practice, practice...

I have to say, I almost called yesterday during an outing, lol. My stroke just was not there and the harder I tried the worst things got. Lookig back I'm pretty sure I had inched too far away from the ball again and I hope to get back out today to see if thats the case. When it's something like not releasing to the hole, or peeking a bit I can generally find it, but I was stumped this time.

I sent an inquiry in on a Saturday. The co-owner of SeeMore sent me a response on Sunday. It is the biggest reason why I am loyal to Seemore and RST.

Man, so we played some tough greens last week at the small Denver gathering of THPers. Sorry I'm late to report this one here, but results were mixed. From the first green I knew it was going to be a rough day as the greens were crazy hard and crazy fast. Ron mentioned in our other thread that even a Marshall laughed at how tough the greens were. I'm a wussy too so I left most if not all lags considerably short and really forced myself to grind hard with 2nd putts. I only had 2 three putts and with the greens in that condition I was pleased. I also had 2 one putts. So all in all considering the greens I was pleased with my putting. Another big issue was definitely seeing the putts. I've moved myself to error on the side of reading "more break" as I used to miss on the low side. Well, these greens I missed almost everything on the high side if I didn't leave it short which was quite frustrating. I noticed that when I play faster greens I break my left wrist a little bit and the ball hops and skips at first. The acoustical feedback is also not good, but I can see that, adjust it, fix it and move on thanks to Ted and the putter providing that feedback.

My stroke was on Sunday. Felt really good and some confidence started to seep back into my putting. I think I really struggle with the proper setup. I find my shoulders tend to slump forward and that is when the push rights happen.

My stroke was on Sunday. Felt really good and some confidence started to seep back into my putting. I think I really struggle with the proper setup. I find my shoulders tend to slump forward and that is when the push rights happen.

Very common issue....latest SeeMore article talked about belly/long putters and how going to those helps square the face. Been pondering the SeeMore belly options on their site!

Tappin' from my iPad!

SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

I was looking at the NC thread and as good as they look, I can't see myself gaming anything other than a Seemore. Even though I don't pay much attention to the RST much anymore because the setup as become so ingrained, I can't picture myself without it. This is honestly the first time I can say I'm not even considering switching my putter. We've been gaming/testing this putter for a while and initially I said I would consider using something else but I've since changed my mind. Anyone else feel the same way?

Back