What's Your Favorite Hamburger Restaurant?

Five Guys and Smash Burger have really grown here in the Denver area. I really like both, but prefer Five Guys.

However, in the end In N Out is no contest. If there is an In N Out nearby it will be visited multiple times by me and my family. End of story!

I've been reviewing burger joints for Patch.com here in SoCal (in Culver City specifically) where I grew up with In-and-Out, Five Guys just opened and lots of gourmet burger places. For a fast food burger, In-and-Out is the best, although Five Guys toppings are pretty awesome (seriously, A1 and mushrooms?). The Cajun fries at Five Guys are tops, those things are crazy good. I don't how many of your towns have a Food Truck scene, but the truck that won Food Network's Food Truck Race, Grill 'Em All, those burgers are ridiculously good. I'd also give a shout out to the MeSoHungry and the meatball Great Balls on Tires trucks. If you are ever in LA/OC and have some free time, check them out.

Here is a pic of the Behemoth Burger from Grill 'Em All. Those buns are grilled cheese sandwiches:
b15bc696c2f01fd3864fbbb23fd57635

With my friend Anne's hands for size (She's a 6footer, so big hands):
5db56669a590dd0c1cb1b3db23864f46

And yes, we had to split it and I ate salad for a week afterwards.

I have a 5 guys within 2 miles of me but have never been

You be the judge and let me know. I thought they were ok before personally, but this new stuff has me eating it daily, lol.

I'm not much for eating fastfood or burgers in general, but long hours in the stores so I eat at least one meal a day. After almost 30 years I'm still a fan of Sonic food, but I know where it comes from, haha

Fair enough. I will have to get on in the next couple of days and see what it taste like.

In n Out - hands down. The only fast food place I will make a special trip to go to if I'm in that part of the country. Everything animal style.

Yea I have only been to In N Out when I have been to Vegas and it is definitely the spot we have a cab driver take us to one at some point, pay him to wait, pick up a meal for him if he is hungry and drop us off back on the strip or at the airport. Its that freaking good. You just cant beat a double double with fries and a shake. And I get the feeling we are not the only ones that do this in Vegas.

For a chain it is 5 guys and Fudruckers. Both are perfectly greasy with good toppings. Love the cannister of hot cheese at Fudruckers, wish we had one close. Local place in Wichita is Bionic Burger but more than two visits will send you the heart surgeons knife in no time.

Yea I have only been to In N Out when I have been to Vegas and it is definitely the spot we have a cab driver take us to one at some point, pay him to wait, pick up a meal for him if he is hungry and drop us off back on the strip or at the airport. Its that freaking good. You just cant beat a double double with fries and a shake. And I get the feeling we are not the only ones that do this in Vegas.

Seriously. I might even go to Vegas just to go to In n Out hahahhaha

I think I've hit three locations in the Vegas/Henderson area. Worth getting a rental car for, although the one on Tropicana across the interstate is almost walkable.

I'll have to try SmashBurger...apparently they just opened one in Atlanta.

Seriously. I might even go to Vegas just to go to In n Out hahahhaha

Yea I really wish we had them in the south but then if we did I might put on 15-20 lbs so it might be in my best interest that I do not have one in Atlanta.

Yea I really wish we had them in the south but then if we did I might put on 15-20 lbs so it might be in my best interest that I do not have one in Atlanta.

very very true.....the pants would definitely start to grow larger.

I think I've hit three locations in the Vegas/Henderson area. Worth getting a rental car for, although the one on Tropicana across the interstate is almost walkable.

I'll have to try SmashBurger...apparently they just opened one in Atlanta.

I will have to look them up and see where they are located. Just looked it up. I might have to swing by there sometime this weekend. Thanks for the heads up. This thread has got me itching for a burger now. Thanks THP.

5 guys, Love them...

The other night I went to this Irish Pub called Keegan's and got the Keegan's Burger, it's a half pound bacon cheeseburger, but I got it on pretzel bread.... this was no doubt the best burger I have had!!

In N Out, hands down (burger only). I actually had a 3hr stopover in LA from Sydney and left the airport, paid a cab $25 to go to the nearest In N Out and get back for my connecting flight.

There is a local place called "Sammy's Burgers and Beer" that is just awesome.

In terms of 'places people have heard of' it's gotta be Five Guys Burgers and Fries.. Also fantastic.

Five guys is a phenomenal hamburger and one of my favorites.. In Kansas city I would have to say the flea market

Tap tap taparoo

Forgot about Paddy O'Quigley's. They have a good burger lunch special.

Here in Wisconsin we have a great burger chain called, "Culvers". Their patties are never frozen, everything is made fresh and the buns are toasted with a light layer of butter on the top of the bun.
Theres also a great burger joint in Madison called, "Dottie's Dumpling Dowry". Its just your run of the mill sports bar with a bunch of crazy, random stuff on the walls but the burgers are amazing!

I tried Culvers recently in DES Moines, good burger, better shake

Why Sonic for sure, as far as fast food goes! (You all knew I'd have to go there, lol). Places like 5 guys are good, but for the price you could have a steak. I loved the old A&W's, but Steak and Shake and several others are two thin and greasy for me.

I completely agree on the price of 5 Guys. I went in there one time and just got a basic combo for myself and it was $12.

We don't have much here in Canada, but I've had 5 guys in Florida and it`s pretty high up on my list. The fries are pretty good too!

This thread makes me want a hamburger and I don't normally crave them. I think 5 Guys makes a great burger so does Fudruckers. I have never had In-n-Out so I can't speak of them. I agree with other's about Steak-N-Shake. They have the best milkshakes and their burgers are decent but their fries are terrible! For me it's more about the fries then the burger. There are a few local places that I have heard have the best burgers. JB and I will have to check them out some time. They better have good fries!

This thread has made me require a burger for lunch today.

Back