Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

Congrats testers! Jacqui has some Lady Precept balls she hasn't gamed yet.

I am with you, I find the pink golf balls easier than any other color to find.

Having run out of balls during a round, and being left with only a Pink Susan G Komen ball to play, I agree, I find the pink ball quite easy to spot.

Looking forward to some more thoughts Ladies!

---
- ...just tap it in...

Your pictures comparing the old and new balls are great Nerfny. I am glad to hear you can spot the pink balls easily. I think the ones I have played in the past have been a light pink and weren't nearly as visible as these seem to be. I have a couple friends who play this ball and absolutely love them. I'm looking forward to trying them out!

Have fun with the testing Ladies, looking forward to your thoughts.

Great reviews so far. Interested fir my wife. I just buy her the cheapest lady balls because she has just started out but I'll be upgrading her as she gets more into it. So all the thoughts here will help for sure!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.294828,-75.677976

I'm looking forward to the reviews as my wife may take up golf again.

GG question is the dimple pattern different? I can't tell if it is because of the shimmer on the new balls but the dimple pattern looks different to me.

Great to see the ladies getting in on the testing fun. Interested to hear your thoughts. I have played the iq 180's before as a cold weather ball, they were pretty good actually.

Im enjoying this so far.

GG question is the dimple pattern different? I can't tell if it is because of the shimmer on the new balls but the dimple pattern looks different to me.

we looked at this last night comparing a few of the different balls. It's hard to tell if it's an illusion or not. But it appears to be slightly different. Looking forward to hearing from Morgan or JB on this one.

I am too. I'd game that Pearl White in a second. It's the paradisian in me.

As a team we prefer the pink ball

I honestly don't know. I just sent a message to Precept to find out. I don't have any of the older model to compare it to so I have asked the company. As son as I know I will let you know.

EDIT: I just spoke with the company and they said the dimple design is exactly the same. It is just the finish that possibly makes it look different.

EDIT: I just spoke with the company and they said the dimple design is exactly the same. It is just the finish that possibly makes it look different.

I thought it could have been the finish. The only thing that looked different was that when you have the 5 large dimples and the 1 small dimple in the middle of the 5, the small dimple looked to be a different size than the previous years model. Not by much though.

That's what I thought but I figured I would ask.

OK, I had a bonus session with these balls last night!

First, full disclosure. The very first ball I played when I started seriously golfing about 28 months ago was the pink Precept iQ. I liked it because it was well, pink and because I felt like I could hit it the best of all the balls I was trying to play with. About 16 months ago, I switched to the Titlist NXT and the Bridgstone B330-RX and e6. I've recently also started playing a bit with the e5 (thanks to a found ball) and really like it too.

I arrived at my home club to find that the driving range and short game was closed because they were holding a private clinic for some banking group (Love living in Fairfield County, CT near Greenwich...)

Anyways, the pro saw me walking back to my car head hanging dejectedly and he called out of the starter shack "Hey Mary! Want to go play on me? Course is wide open." Well, who am I to look at a gift round in the mouth?

So, I took myself and the Lady Precept iQ+ right on out to the first yellow tee (Sr.) and smacked the pink pearl right down the middle about 175yds Since the course was wide open, I then popped down the e6 that I'm playing and hit it right down the middle about 190yds.

The first hole at my home club is 328yds from the yellows and yesterday the pin for this hole was placed in the left back portion of the green (my least fav place on this hole as it brings a nasty copse of pine trees and a road behind the green into play if you go long). So, I wanted to lay up with about 45 yards into the green. I pulled my 6i on the Precept and hit it a bit fat so it put the ball about 75yds from the hole. I have to say that even with the fat hit on the ball, it didn't do anything awful. It rolled out nice and didn't feel like I was hitting a chunk of coal which with some balls (Sxrion's Softfeels I was playing last weekend that I was given by a friend to try) and got good flight given the crap hit on the ball. I pulled my 7i for the e6 and hit it flush and it landed about 40yds from the green and rolled out to about 30yds. For my 3rd shot into the green with the Precept, I pulled my gap wedge and hit a great shot. It felt fantastically soft off the club and hit the green about 20ft from the hole. It rolled forward a bit but checked up pretty nice. I used my 56 degree for the e6 and put it about 8 ft from the hole with a total check up. Since I use the SeeMore Si-3 putter with the insert (was a tester for the SeeMore) and I really liked how the Precept rolled during the putt. It was silky feeling. It had a pleasantly softer click than my e6 typically does but it wasn't that "blah" muted sound I have experienced with other golf balls designed for ladies which frankly is one of the reasons I don't play lady specific golf balls. The putt came to stop about 1 ft from the hole for a tap in bogey. The e6 putts the way I've gotten use to and went in for a par.

Hole 2 is a 128yd par 3 to a well protected by vicious deep bunkers two level green. The entry to the green is narrow and OB is left and right of the hole. Basically, you better either nail this or go long or face no chance of up and down. I typically hit my 4 rescue for this hole to put to the ball in the back of the green and clear the deep bunkers that guard the front, even if the pin on the front the lower portion of the green. I trust my putting to get me to the hole or in the hole in 3. My miss on this hole is a fade to the right and into the right bunker, which puts you so far below the green complex that even with the pin in the front position all you see it the top of the flag. (Hate, HATE this hole). The Precept ended up in the bunker on the right (insert cuss word here) and the e6 ended up at the very far back of the right portion of the upper portion of the green. Pin was at front of the upper portion just before the break down to the lower portion (not nice guys in the shop). Taking my 60 degree wedge into the bunker with me, the Precept popped right out and onto the green and slammed on the brakes. Really, REALLY liked the control and spin on it. Wish I had taken the 56 or even my 54 into the bunker to get a less spin and more roll out because it left me with a very tricky up hill to the pin putt. Putt was a bit goosed but again LOVED how soft and smooth the Precept felt on the insert. e6 putt was to 4 ft, burned edge to about .5 ft left for tap in bogey. Precept went blowing by hole by 10ft and to the right side of the hole which also slopes down funny leaving a really crappy side door putt. I very gingerly putted it towards hole so it wouldn't go off the slope back down the level again. It rolled to a stop on the edge of the hole. Tap in for double (sigh...)

I'm not going to go hole by hole for the next 5 holes I played before dark but here are my general impressions so far with the Precept iQ+

A. Really nice firm but still soft feel from all the clubs I hit last night (Driver, fairway woods, irons, wedges, putter). It was soft without feeling "gooey soft" which has been a complaint for me in the past with ladies balls, including the Precept iQ predecessor

B. Good "click" sound when I hit it flush or had a firm putt. Again, in the past, my complaint with balls marketed as "soft for ladies" has been the sound didn't give me the feedback I had hit it well that other balls provided

C. I need to take one more club for most shots with the Pecept iQ+ This isn't firm yet but last night looking at my stats in Golfshot except for wedges inside 30' and the putter, my distances with this ball were about 1 club shorter than my distances with my e6

D. I don't really have a enough data to comment on spin. I only put myself in about three places last night where having good spin control would have made the difference for me between par and bogey or bogey and double bogey. So, more on that after a few more rounds.

All in all, for the first time in almost 18 months since I last played a Precept I was impressed with the added feel and the way this ball behaved.

Also, one final thought. I saw earlier in the thread a discussion about being able to see pink balls well. I played until it was almost too dark to see. I carry yellow e6 in my bag specifically because I find them much easier to see in the dusk versus a white ball. Last night, I didn't have too much trouble finding the pink ball but the yellow e6 was definitely easier for me to see than the pink Precept iQ+

I'm playing a round on Sunday at another course I play a lot (Woodbridge Country Club near Meridan, Ct). It is lots of up hill tee boxes down to green and tee shots up to green complexes. This course I depend on spin control to keep me from going off the backs of the greens. So, I'll put one of the pearls into play there for 9 holes vs my B330-RX and report back.

Thanks for the update, Mary. Any difference in the height of your shots with the driver?

Thanks for the update, Mary. Any difference in the height of your shots with the driver?

I didn't notice it but wasn't really looking at shot trajectory because I was concentrating on how the ball felt. I'll make a mental note to pay attention to that on Sunday.

Great write up MaryC! Interested to hear how the precept fares against the B330rx.

Great pics KB...the Pink and Pearl look like they'll be easy to find year round?

Awesome write up Mary!!!

Cannot wait to get back to Utah and check my mail!!! Great pics ladies! I'm so excited.

---
- Caution, my iPhone is tapped.

Just got mine in the mail today!! Woo Hoo!! In all honesty, nothing gets me more excited about playing golf than a pink golf ball!!:) They are easier to spot for me and, well, they're just so darn pretty! My box was a little busted up, so I will skip that picture.
IMG_0326.jpg

Here are my initial thoughts since I won't be on the course until Sat. or Sun.:

-I LOVE the pink and the sparkle! Like I said, that just makes me want to play!
IMG_0332.jpg

-The clear ball feels noticeably smoother to me. Mr Golf4Life gave me a blind-ball test and I could pick it out immediately by the feel. It also takes on an almost gelatinous look when it rolls. Very cool.
IMG_0327.jpg

I will post again after I have smacked them around on the course a bit!

Nice pics. Mrs G4l!

Very cool news Mrs G4L!! I love the "blind ball test". I hadn't noticed the difference so I'm going to take a look when I get home. We missed you last weekend but I know you'll have fun this weekend on the course.

Yes! awesome term that I never thoguth I'd see on a golf forum!

Just got mine in the mail today!! Woo Hoo!! In all honesty, nothing gets me more excited about playing golf than a pink golf ball!!:) They are easier to spot for me and, well, they're just so darn pretty! My box was a little busted up, so I will skip that picture.

Here are my initial thoughts since I won't be on the course until Sat. or Sun.:

-I LOVE the pink and the sparkle! Like I said, that just makes me want to play!

-The clear ball feels noticeably smoother to me. Mr Golf4Life gave me a blind-ball test and I could pick it out immediately by the feel. It also takes on an almost gelatinous look when it rolls. Very cool.

I will post again after I have smacked them around on the course a bit!

Back