iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

I received my towel today. It is a good size towel, and I really like the feel of the material. It almost reminds me of a nice shami you would use for car detailing. The top 1/3 has a rubber coating on on side, to keep the moisture in when water is added. I will be at the range tomorrow to test it out. I will do a video on the folding today or tomorrow.

6039665492_13867d8677_z.jpg

6039116205_4fdeb9896f_z.jpg

6039664888_ac95fbabc2_z.jpg

Here are the folding instructions:
iCaddi-Blister-Package3.8311036_std.jpg

Last edited:
looking forward to hearing some results....it has been so hot lately I am anxious to see how well it does holding water

From the look of the direction it should be pretty easy to use, thoughts

I received my towel today. It is a good size towel, and I really like the feel of the material. It almost reminds me of a nice shami you would use for detailing car detailing. The top 1/3 has a rubber coating on on side, to keep the moisture in when water is added. I will be at the range tomorrow to test it out. I will do a video on the folding today or tomorrow.

6039665492_13867d8677_z.jpg

6039116205_4fdeb9896f_z.jpg

6039664888_ac95fbabc2_z.jpg

Here are the folding instructions:
iCaddi-Blister-Package3.8311036_std.jpg

I think the long part of the towel will be fine to use. I am not sure about the pockets where the water is poured. They are a little stiff because of the rubber coating, but we will see.

From looking at the instructions, it appears that A is the best of the two types for all round performance

Good stuff folks, I don't understand why the folding part is so complicated though. Should be color coded or something.

Good stuff folks, I don't understand why the folding part is so complicated though. Should be color coded or something.

It's not exactly color coded just one side has rubber and that's the "darker" color on the instructions. Once you play around with it alittle you understand how it goes.

Curious, does the rubbery part of the towel absorb the water pretty good? Or does it sit in there for a while?

Curious, does the rubbery part of the towel absorb the water pretty good? Or does it sit in there for a while?

Well the rubbery part is on the outside of the part your supposed to use. Like its the outside of the towel. The water doesn't seep through.

Well the rubbery part is on the outside of the part your supposed to use. Like its the outside of the towel. The water doesn't seep through.

Ah, ok. Makes much more sense now.

I got mine in yesterday, but I didn't get home until almost midnight, so I didn't get to use it yesterday. However, I've got the second round of my club championship today and since I pretty much shot myself out of contention yesterday, I'll get to dedicate more time to testing the towel out during today's round.

Here's my first impression. I love the feel of it. I'm not sure how clean it will stay, but honestly, that's not too important to me. I've always gone through golf towels almost like they were kleenex's anyway. As long as it keeps cleaning my clubs, I really don't care what it looks like. It doesn't seem too difficult to me to fold it. I folded it in the "A" formation. In my opinion, if you used the other formation, you would also need to carry another towel with you to dry the clubs after you get them wet. I don't really want to carry more than one towel on my bag. I posted a video of the folding here in case anyone wants to check it out:

I apologize for the shaking at the beginning of the video.

One other thing that I really want to check out is the clip that hold the towel on the bag. I would be curious to see if the towel would stay on the bag if you started hitting a lot of bumps. If for some reason it doesn't, you could always use a clip from another towel, but it may. I'll let you know this afternoon. I'm heading out to the course in a couple of hours, so I'll be testing this out soon.

My first impressions of this golf towel, I think that it is going to be great. It feels totally different than any golf towel I have ever used and it doesn't seem like it would clean clubs that well. After doing some testing in the backyard it really surprised me how well it preforms. The water pocket does a great job soaking the water in and staying moist. The outside of the water pocket is not wet at all, so other parts of your bag doesn't get wet. This is totally different than carrying a wet towel with you on your bag. I think this towel would be really great for people that like to carry their clubs. I think if you are riding you don't have to carry a wet towel on your bag and can hang it off another part of the cart. I am heading out today to play a round and will do some more testing on the course.

Here is a video of the towel in action.
[video=youtube;rQWeZ7X--rA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQWeZ7X--rA[/video]

Nice video, I think I am going to use A as well and fill both water pockets with water when I get mine.

I do wonder how the build up of dirt will effect the cleaning of the clubs though

Nice video, I think I am going to use A as well and fill both water pockets with water when I get mine.

I do wonder how the build up of dirt will effect the cleaning of the clubs though

I think on the course testing will figure that out. I got my club really dirty compared to actual play for the backyard testing. I think on the course it will make it through a whole round. I will see this afternoon for sure though. It is damp around here from rain the past two days.

I went to the range this morning, and so far I am pretty impressed with the iCaddi Towel. I thought it would be a little awkward to use, but after the first couple cleanings I had it figured out. I got it pretty dirty on the inside and really sandy. All in all my clubs have not been cleaner without much effort. Here is a video of me cleaning a couple clubs, and some picks of my clubs.

6042273180_894f1bb758_z.jpg

6042273596_a1c3b25026_z.jpg

6042273888_54b926969e_z.jpg

After we got home I hand washed it with soap and hot water. You can see I got it pretty dirty. However, I was blown away by how clean I was able to get it after just a little scrubbing. So far I am impressed. We will see how it holds up after a couple weeks of cleaning clubs then hand-washing after each use.

6041728405_bf41466945_z.jpg

6042274706_22d93794d4_z.jpg

6041756395_e5acff82d2_z.jpg

So I left you with a cliffhanger yesterday saying I was going to play 18, but I couldnt figure out my towel, well when I got to the course me and my buddy looked at the directions again and I realized that it really wasnt hard. So I will provide you with a review today and some pictures and a video either tonight or tomorrow.

Looks: This is where it scores the lowest for me. I am not a huge fan of the looks. Mine is brown though and does go with the camo bag so thats a bit of a plus.

Feel: This towel feels really good. The material is almost suede like on the outside and I really like that about it. The outside of the pocket is a rubber-like material and I think it will hold up very well and it does do a good job holding water.

Performance: Ok, this is where it matters. This towel did a good job of getting my clubs clean. I used to really just sort of spit on the club and wipe it clean with a towel, but this does a much better job. My water didnt hold up for 18 holes as I did pour some more in after about 13 holes.

Cleaning: As has been said already, this thing does get pretty clean after a bit of a scrubbing. I was very impressed with that.

So far my first impressions are good. My GF said after we are done today she will go to the range with me and hit balls and I will get a video of it in action.

Thanks again to THP and Hydro Effects for this great opportunity. Any questions feel free to ask

Great stuff guys. I would have been able to give the iCaddi a full round test today but rain and thunderstorms ruined it. Keep it coming!

I'm extremely impressed with the videos, testers!

This isn't an easy product to grasp from pictures, so they have been very helpful. This really looks like a cool product and I think I'm going to pick one up asap.

I went to the range this morning, and so far I am pretty impressed with the iCaddi Towel. I thought it would be a little awkward to use, but after the first couple cleanings I had it figured out. I got it pretty dirty on the inside and really sandy. All in all my clubs have not been cleaner without much effort. Here is a video of me cleaning a couple clubs, and some picks of my clubs.

Thanks for the video chewie. I have been looking at this towel in every direction and have just been confused. Looks like an interesting product. Curious to how it holds up after a good bit of use, it does look kin of tihn.

I played 18 today with the iCaddie towel. It did a great job through out the whole round. The course wasn't as wet as I thought it was going to be, so my clubs didn't get extremely dirty during the round. The towel did stay wet through out the whole 18 that lasted 4 hours. I will say that it was not soaking wet at the end, but wet enough to clean my clubs. I really like this towel a lot and would recommend buying it to somebody that wants a wet towel to clean clubs during a round. I think my favorite part about the towel is the enclosed wet section. It contains the dirty and wet part and doesn't let it get all over your bag. That has always been the problem with carrying a wet towel before. It does do a great job cleaning my clubs and getting in to the groves. I think if you pair this with a plastic brush to knock the big stuff off. It is the perfect combo. I washed it off with warm water when I got home and have it hanging out to dry.

I wonder how this towel is going to work on a golf weekend, when you can get to cleaning it and drying it out everyday? Will it mildew and smell? I will find out this weekend.

Great videos guys. Looks like the iCaddie is performing well. I'm playing in a scramble tomorrow, rain or shine. And the forecast look like it could be wet with a chance of mud. The iCaddie could be put through some different conditions tomorrow.

I was able to take mine out for a test run today. I really do like this thing, but I did have a couple of issues with it. First, and this could have just been me as I'm known to be a little clumsy at times, but when I went to put water in the pocket, it made a little mess. It wasn't too bad, but it could have been putting a little too much water in it. After I let the water soak in and poured the water out, I was good to go. Also, the pocket dried up by the time I got about 3/4 through the round. This could have been me playing in over 100 degree temperatures, but I'm not sure. It doesn't look like I'll be able to try it out in lower temperatures for a while. It did, however, do a great job of cleaning the club. I loved the towel. It looks like something you'll probably need to clean after every use, especially the pocket where the water goes. Mine got extremely dirty and it wasn't muddy at all on the course.

I'll be back on the driving range tomorrow, so test run number 2 will be then. I'll post updates after that.

I was able to take mine out for a test run today. I really do like this thing, but I did have a couple of issues with it. First, and this could have just been me as I'm known to be a little clumsy at times, but when I went to put water in the pocket, it made a little mess. It wasn't too bad, but it could have been putting a little too much water in it. After I let the water soak in and poured the water out, I was good to go. Also, the pocket dried up by the time I got about 3/4 through the round. This could have been me playing in over 100 degree temperatures, but I'm not sure. It doesn't look like I'll be able to try it out in lower temperatures for a while. It did, however, do a great job of cleaning the club. I loved the towel. It looks like something you'll probably need to clean after every use, especially the pocket where the water goes. Mine got extremely dirty and it wasn't muddy at all on the course.

I'll be back on the driving range tomorrow, so test run number 2 will be then. I'll post updates after that.

I saw the drying up of the pocket as well.

Of course moving my GF in took way more time than we both thought so no range for me today. I will be at the range tomorrow and playing Tuesday and Wednesday so I will have updates then.

Great video and pictures Chewie! I was not expecting the iCaddi to get that clean!

And awesome glove you were wearing!

Back