Details below...

FORMAT
The Presidents Cup competition consists of 34 matches:

Thursday – 6 Four-ball matches
Friday – 6 Foursome matches
Saturday morning – 5 Four-ball matches
Saturday afternoon – 5 Foursome matches
Sunday – 12 Singles matches

All matches are worth one point each, for a total of 34 points. There are no playoffs for Foursomes or Four-ball, with each side receiving a half point if the match is tied after 18 holes. Singles matches tied after 18 holes will go to extra holes until a team winner is determined. In a change inspired by the events of The Presidents Cup 2003, if the match is deadlocked at the end of Singles play, the competition will be deemed a tie and the teams will share The Presidents Cup.

TELEVISION COVERAGE
The Presidents Cup is projected to be broadcast in 225 countries and territories, to nearly 800 million homes, and in 30 different languages. The U.S. broadcast will be hosted by NBC, with broadcasts on Golf Channel (Thursday, 12-6 p.m. ET; Friday, 1-6 p.m. ET) and NBC (Saturday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday 12-6 p.m. ET).

• Staff
Dear god somebody remove the apostrophe from the title and save me some shame :\

Dear god somebody remove the apostrophe from the title and save me some shame :\

how much is it worth to you?

EDIT: You are all set buddy. No shame

• Staff
how much is it worth to you?

EDIT: You are all set buddy. No shame

Nice. I have a Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Draw 3w with your name on it.

I'll have to miss the first day of this, in class, but looking forward to the weekend. Things don't bode well for the American team being favored again.

Love this competition. Can't wait for it to start.

I'll be watching Thursday while stuck in a hotel room!

I'll be there to watch the Friday foursomes live!

I finally got to watch some coverage of this amazing golf complex, I love watching it during the memorial, but some of behind the scenes president cup coverage shows is amazing!!!

USA, USA, USA!!!

I finally got to watch some coverage of this amazing golf complex, I love watching it during the memorial, but some of behind the scenes president cup coverage shows is amazing!!!

USA, USA, USA!!!

A gentleman I graduated with is the assistant there. He's having a blast.

TTing

I'll be there in person on Saturday.

I'm always curious why this event doesn't get the same hype the Ryder Cup does. Is it just the lack of history behind it or is it because the International team doesn't garner quite the same nationalistic type fervor that the Euro team does?

I'm always curious why this event doesn't get the same hype the Ryder Cup does. Is it just the lack of history behind it or is it because the International team doesn't garner quite the same nationalistic type fervor that the Euro team does?
I think you hit the two big things. The lack of tradition hurts, but the raw emotions just aren't there

I think you hit the two big things. The lack of tradition hurts, but the raw emotions just aren't there

Yea, it's too bad. They played a stunning course last time around, but it was nothing like the RC. I'm still excited though. Hopefully the US team has some crazy fans and gets jacked up.

A gentleman I graduated with is the assistant there. He's having a blast.

TTing

I bet he's getting some excellent stories compiled!!!

If I recall, the American team has dominated the event. It's hard to create much hype when one side is constantly winning decisively.

They're certainly trying this year with the commercials from Jack talking about how special it is. I'l certainly be cheering for the Americans, but I hope there's some high drama.

I think Chamblee made a great point tonight. There should be a Euros vs The World event. There might not be a big TV audience over here outside of us hardcore golf guys but it'd definitely beat some silly season golf that gets televised.

Hard to keep it fired up when the Internationals haven't won since 98. They and the event really need a win to keep a bit of fire going here

US always loved beating the continent it came from 300 years ago..so much more passion

US always loved beating the continent it came from 300 years ago..so much more passion

And then they opened it up to all of Europe. We haven't done so well since then!

This might be a minority viewpoint, but there are a number of things that the President's Cup does better than the Ryder Cup. In no particular order:
*4 days instead of 3
*Every player on both teams has to play on every day. The only day that someone can rest is on Saturday when there are morning and afternoon matches.
*Better courses (ex: Royal Melbourne 2 years ago, Muirfield Village this year)
*Captains get to pick the opponents in each match in a format that is like a fantasy draft, instead of both captains submitting a blind draw as is done in the Ryder Cup. So the International captain picks his pairing for the first match, US captain counters with his twosome, and then the US captain picks his 2nd match pairing, and the International captain responds, and so on. It's the same for Sunday singles, that's how the Mike Weir vs. Tiger Woods match in 2007 in Canada came about, for example. Much better for the fans, and much fairer for each team.

Didn't realize that Ary.

USA! USA! USA!

Absolutely love the Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup.

I still remember last Ryder Cup like it was yesterday. I remember beating my couch with my fist over missed putts. GRRR.

The Captains countering match ups is awesome. It brings much more relevance to their captaincy IMO and more intriguing golf for us. It seems the only serious decision making for Ryder Cup captains is who to rest and what clothes to wear (aside from Love's colossal screw up of sending Tiger out last).

Back