To Heck With Modern Design...

keto

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm pulling out the old Acushnet Bulls Eye to see if I can cure what's ailing me :banana: Sure felt good in the living room! Had old hockey tape on the grip that was worn and sticky, went over it with duct tape then talcum powder...it'll be the ugliest thing on the course tomorrow without much doubt! But, hey, I've been using a Boc Heavy some this year so I have no 'putter pride' anyways :D

I've had the old Bulls Eye at least 30 years but haven't used in in probably 15. Have a Ray Cook that I've used most of that time, and have experimented this year with a Heavy (started out loving it, lost its luster a bit lately) and a Nike Ignite I got cheap, but I 3 whacked 6 times today with it so it goes to the back of the line.

I have one of those, a Bullseye. Great for lag putting. Used to carry 2 putters, the Bullseye and my Ping Anser. Why not? Was easy to have a lean bag back then.

Whatever works! I've been using a 30+ year old MacGregor, Nicklaus Muirfield napa style putter for the past 3 years and LOVE it. I tried going with a newer See More mallet this year, but went back to the old MacGregor after a few rounds. It just feels right.

I have an old bullseye that just works ok for me. Take advantage of the new modern technology with a few lessons as Trainer suggested, you might just start one putting.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Whatever works!

Amen to that. Well my new putter has helped me big time with my putting mostly due to the mallet being much more forgiving to mishits, but I still practice with my old blade-style putter when I'm on the carpet. I like the feedback during practice, but when I'm on the course I need all the forgiveness I can get.

I think a lesson might work wonders for your game.

No lesson can simulate the massive amount of will power it takes to return the putter to the same position it was 18 inches previous.

Not against any sort of lesson mind you. Your advice is sound.

I've always liked the old bullseye putters, for 1 reason. If I am putting bad I can turn around and putt left handed if I want to.

I swear I putt better left handed than right, but I just cant spend the $$$ on a lefty putter.

I've always liked the old bullseye putters, for 1 reason. If I am putting bad I can turn around and putt left handed if I want to.

I swear I putt better left handed than right, but I just cant spend the $$$ on a lefty putter.
I have seriously considered switching to lefty for putting. It seems so much easier.

I used a Wilson August (Bullseye knockoff) and later a Titleist Bullseye when I first started playing golf and IMO thats a major reason why Im such a good putter. Bullseyes dont give you any help, so you have to develop a good putting stroke in order to putt well with them.

Back