2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Can't wait for the rounds to kick off, which ultimately means I need to lock down my hiding spot at work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy thing about it to me is that the players have no idea what's coming. They don't know if 1 or 18 will be a par 4 or par 5. They don't know which tee boxes they will be playing from on the holes that have tees with up to 90 degs angle difference into the green. I am curious to see which players can adjust to the changes and surprises throughout the week.

I just hope the course doesn't play too quirky where good shots get penalized and bad shots get rewarded.

Not much going to get done today ..he,he,he

downloading apps now. actually glad it is on the west coast so I can still watch a little after work and not be stuck watching on my phone the whole time!

Steve Marino in one of the first groups. There's a name we haven't seen in a while.

Steve Marino in one of the first groups. There's a name we haven't seen in a while.

You got that right. He was on the verge of breaking through a couple of years ago.

You got that right. He was on the verge of breaking through a couple of years ago.
Plays that big cut, should help on these drive ways, I mean greens

Plays that big cut, should help on these drive ways, I mean greens

haahha. He used to use the same wedges as I did the 588s and I remember seeing him on the tour van telling the guys he wanted "backups for his backups" because they were the best he ever used.

Didn't he make the Presidents Cup team one year. He used to be a regular part of Phil's $$$ games in practice rounds too. Slew of injuries if memory serves.

Looked it up. No presidents cup team. He's had bone related leg injuries. Sounds painful.

Let the mayhem begin, I wish I could watch but I do have xm and can listen at least.

I'll have it in the Fox Sports Go app all day. I don't think I like this course but we shall see how it plays out.

I've got a clear afternoon. It'll take a lot of willpower not to head home at lunch and "work from home".

Its US Open day.

I am already watching TGC to get fired up. This should be a great weekend of golf!

I've got a clear afternoon. It'll take a lot of willpower not to head home at lunch and "work from home".

Willpower is overrated.

Just need to work at a golf course. Part of my job includes having golf on the TV haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is there a site online that you can watch the US Open?

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Is there a site online that you can watch the US Open?

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Online streams:

USOpen.com
10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET -- Featured groups stream
10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET -- Featured holes stream, Nos. 12 and 15
10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET -- "U.S. Open 360"

FOX Sports Go
1 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET -- TV simulcast stream
1 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET -- Featured groups stream / Featured holes stream, Nos. 12 and 15 / "U.S. Open 360" stream

Question: what score makes this event of failure at the end of the day?

Not too worried about anyone stealing my picks at this point. :)

I'm rocking Furyk & Walker for this contest!

Question: what score makes this event of failure at the end of the day?
None. Everyone plays the same course and golf has always been a game that involves the rub of the green.

Not too worried about anyone stealing my picks at this point. :)

I'm rocking Furyk & Walker for this contest!
I went Louis O and Gary Woodland.

None. Everyone plays the same course and golf has always been a game that involves the rub of the green.
So if +8 wins yoy would consider this a good event. The best in the world reduced to an over par test. Maybe, but do we want to see guys struggle

So if +8 wins yoy would consider this a good event. The best in the world reduced to an over par test. Maybe, but do we want to see guys struggle

Isn't that what the usga wants every year? Guys to struggle? I imagine winner will be around even par. It's a nice departure from -20

Father In Law & Brother I.L. were out at Chambers Bay for the practice round yesterday. They had a great time and said the course looked awesome.

I am excited to watch the tournament and looking forward to see how the scoring goes. The course is long and looks like narrow fairways and lots of trouble!

Back