SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Guys I really cant say enough how great of a job you all are doing in here. Buck that was a awesome thing of your mom to do and a fantastic writeup! I really want to roll a SeeMore in such a bad way!

I'm glad you guys are testing these right now. Last year, I really followed the thread that was going on. I happened to review a Seemore right around that time and spent quite a bit of time throwing myself into the O'Brien method. I felt like it made me a better putter, but as time went on I sort of just quit focusing on it. Some things stayed for me, like the upright posture and grip, but other things really didn't. Regardless of that, the thread was really inspirational to me in many ways.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and my instructor tells me to forward press more to get a firmer lead wrist. I'm always desperate to fix something, so I practiced it. Truth be told, it worked fine, especially with keeping my wrist firm. The problem was that I felt like I had to open my shoulders up and it felt like I was really tense. Then I read Buck's little write-up and he's talking about forward press and the inconsistencies that it introduces. Then I see Jman swinging a medicine ball around, which is something I've done for my full swing with some good results. Long story short, I'm going to stick with something I know that works. It only took me about 30 minutes inside and 45 minutes on the putting green to feel like I was a lot more neutral and putting a nice roll on the ball the way that I was last year.

Rolled it pretty good today to the tune of 31 putts, including a good number in that 5-10 foot range that I don't make many of. For a guy that usually calls 34-35 a good day, that's pretty damn good. On top of that, my speed was really good all day. Rock those shoulders! I even took a few pretend medicine ball strokes before setting up to get the feel I wanted. I suppose it's all because of you guys and the interaction Seemore has with this forum, so thanks for the hard work!

Hawk that is an awesome post. I sort of did the same thing but obviously I'm a tester in this thread but I don't yet have my new seeMore. So instead of rolling my old putter I decided to get out an old SeeMore to start getting into the feeling of using the RST and the O'brien method of putting. I rolled about 5 putts on the green and then hit the course for my round. While I played much better today and had 17 putts I was really happy with the SeeMore. My two three putts were from a mile away and with it being my first time out with a SeeMore in forever I'm pretty happy with how the round went. Rolled in some awesome putts and when I missed it was always close with tap ins coming back. Can't wait for the new M series to show up.

Well after working on it in my down time today I got my new routine down. Just a few different things I changed. Some I think will help. I'll have a write up tomorrow morning when I get home and have Internet access again. Can't wait to get out to an actual green to roll a few real putts finally with this putter.

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, as it gets to be more and more crowded with additional review/thought posts those links will obviously go into spoiler tags.

REFERENCE LINKS:

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE

Jman "novella" time. I am who I am! haha

ROUND/PUTTING GREEN RUNDOWN
:

Date: 6/27/12
Played: 36 Holes
Weather: 103* and 5 MPH Winds

Round Rundown:
Putts6_271.png

Putts6_272-1.png

Total Putts: 34 and 35

Date: 6/30/12
Played: 18 Holes
Weather: 100* and 5-10 MPH Winds

Round Rundown:
Putts6_30-1.png

Total Putts: 33

Now, normally I'd give everyone a rundown of first putt locations and distances as well as the following putts for each green...yes I'm a freak about stats and numbers like that. However, this first go around I'm not going to attack it like that. These rounds combined with my practice at home have been more for the purpose of getting a feel where I'm struggling and need more work on as well as where I'm seeing VERY early improvements. Sort of taking stock, if you will.

Let's look at the positives IMO first:
  • Tight roll on the golf ball.
    • Even my buddy the first two rounds out commented on it, I credit not de-lofting the putter and actually having a constant loft again and again while stroking the putt.
    • The ball is off the face and rolling quickly, no skid or hops.
  • Truer to my line.
    • I may not have my aim all the way down, but it is getting better, however I am tracking the ball now much more true to the intended line and where I'm lined up.
    • This is honestly totally new to me. I've hit BIG putts before with my old method, obviously as I used it long enough, but post fitting I realize alot of them were just dumb luck. Honestly I think that's why I've never had a pre-putt routine and eventually stopped really trying to truly read a break. Now, the ball is going where I aim and its a night and day feeling for me.
    • I credit a proper stance and setup with the RST having early effects that I hope continue to improve. Its amazing how grip and stance can change so much sometimes.

Now, I won't say "negatives" as that's crappy usage in my mind, but instead "struggles":
  • Aim.
    • By this I mean I'm actually rolling the ball where I'm aimed now, if you saw the previous post (links way up top!) and saw my old stance this shouldn't be a surprise at all as left as I was with EVERYTHING the old way.
    • Working alot with my triangulator now starting last night on my Tour Links for memories sakes to try and pound into my head that my aim really is where I'm aimed now and I have to read accordingly.
    • 10 feet and in I'm using the line on my ball, outside of that its more read it and feel it. Something Brady and I talked about alot at my fitting, I like it.
  • Control/Stability of the putter.
    • This refers to my feeling at address. Especially at first change at my fitting and still to an extent now I'm battling feeling like I have control with the more narrow grip and the 3 inch increase in putter length. I was crouched over and with a palm strong grip in my OLD style, this is a COMPLETE change and will take time.
    • I especially struggle at times starting the stroke because my habit is to start with hands and when I do this alot of times out on the course my putter would grab on the green starting the stroke.
    • Lots of work to be done continuing to ingrain starting the stroke with rocking my shoulders.
    • I can say in the rounds that when I DID rock my shoulders I didn't feel the lack of control or stability, when I didn't I did. Didn't realize this until reflection back on the rounds.
  • Pace.
    • Big one here. I am really struggling with getting my pace down. I've blown past the hole by 10 feet, I've basically hit it with my purse going no where close to long enough, and I've been dead on pace.
    • Erratic is the key term here for me right now. Again, this is reps and Brady and I talked about it, but it is erratic right now nonetheless.
    • I think the shoulders are the key here, I've got to ingrain that feeling and tempo.
    • When its on it was blissful, but there were some BAD misses for me because of pace.
  • Getting Comfortable.
    • I'm still not entirely comfortable in the new setup and stance. I know that is because its new and its all about time and reps.
    • Its crazy to look back at my old stance (again, link to post at top) and think that to my body that is more comfortable than my more upright and tall SPi stance...but it is.
    • Now, the more holes I've played and the more reps at home on my Tour Links the better it is getting and feeling more natural, but its still not comfortable. From hunched and 33" to tall and 36" is not an easy change, but the positives make it worth it and I know it was a necessity for me to improve my putting.

I know that is alot and its quite varied, but those are my thoughts and notes on it early right now and that is precisely why I played the rounds early, I want to see the exact areas of needed additional focus as well as the areas that are really already improving my putting. Its inspiration for me personally....I know that might be weird to some but its honest.

THE PUTTER: mFGP2 CS:

I do believe SeeMore is more than just a putter, it truly is a method to becoming a much better putter. I think my take on that shows as the above is alot of focus on the SPi, and despite that being a key factor in all of this...there are some pretty slick and tremendously well engineered putters involved here too. I shan't neglect that fact.

For posterity's sakes (and the fact that I never ever get tired of looking at it), lets look at my weapon of choice again...shall we?

DSC_0166-1.jpg

Yum. Just yum.

I'll say it again, I'm a self confessed putter lover and addict. I have a problem, I want them all and have had a LOT of them at one time or another. That said, no head style has ever fit my eye like the mFGP2...that's not testing suckup, that is a fact. Its industrial to me with its lines and extended flat flange. Its lines however flow seamlessly in such a simple design for a mid-mallet. There are a LOT of mid's out there that have bells and whistles with them, flashy lines and colors...whatever...the mFGP2 though is just a flat out worker that likes to look good while doing its job and I can respect that.

This headstyle is NOT for everyone, its just not, even though it may be a best seller I've run into alot of guys that give the old "eww" to it when you hand it to them to fondle. However, sit it on the ground and address a golf ball? You can literally see the wheels starting to churn in peoples heads from "eww" to..."hmm".

The mFGP2 frames the ball. Truly, frames the ball. The more square flange with the large topline allow for easy alignment on their own without the RST and with it the whole thing gets better in my personal opinion. My favorite thing about the CS version of the mFGP2 compared to the others I have had at different times though are the alignment aids. Again, shall we refresh?

DSC_0176-1.jpg

DSC_0167-1.jpg

I've had lots of custom putters and this has always been my go to alignment line setup. Single topline and dual cavity. I've found nothing else that I like as much because it just makes it so clear and simplistic to seeing and feeling your line at address and to start the stroke. Obviously I think you get that I'm fond of it.

On course the whole package 3 rounds in has been a fairly impressive one. As I said up top I get a good tight roll that doesn't skid or hop to start, it grabs and go's. SeeMore seems to have truly nailed the proper loft for their system when a golfer is a proper address as the ball travels tight and smooth. I'd venture to say that alot of people who "don't like SeeMore's roll" like I have read different places are that way because they aren't using it as SeeMore intends at address and with that they could be varying the loft with their strokes...the wrong loft means the wrong roll. Again I come back to it being a system and not just a putter...and I like that.

As to the curse word I hate to talk about in putters, "feel"...I think I'll save that one for the next go around. Yes, I tease.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

All in all I'm obviously excited and pleased even though there is alot of work to do. I'm not going to come out this early and anoint anything "amazing" or say I'll never ever change...its too early for that to me. I will openly gush that I very much like alot about the putter and that it truly does pass the eye test as well as much more...but there is a ton of work (general use and PRACTICE for me with my new stroke) yet to do before I jump to absolutes and personal conclusions....

And I plan on having a heck of a lot fun doing it!!! Again, thanks to SeeMore and THP for this one, truly.

I was coming in here to write my review and ran across the wordsmith better known as Jman. Yet another nicely thought out and well worded review. This is testing 101 in its best form.
Your closing thoughts are along the lines of what I am opening with, I'll expand in my review. I have a question for you. I know that you are committed to changing the way you putt, mentally and physically. Is that because you feel that is the only way you'll get the most out of this testing? You want to be a better putter (which you mentioned) or do you belive in this new methos you were taught? Or is it a combination of all or something I failed to list. I am curious and I know becoming a better putter is obvious but it was on my check list while I practiced and tested today.

Nice review Jman. I am dying to get out and roll this thing on a real green.

What a great writeup Jman. I find myself learning quite a bit in here.

Great stuff Jman, all of you testers are really doing outstanding jobs.

Nice review Jman. I am dying to get out and roll this thing on a real green.

Thanks Bucky, I think you'll be pleased, I honestly do. Just let it work.

What a great writeup Jman. I find myself learning quite a bit in here.

Thanks JB, it really is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Wow guys, what a great thread and reviews going on. On the iPad Jman but plan on spending some of my morning on your write-up along with the others tomorrow to make sure I don't miss anything. Looking forward to it!

Once again there are some awesome posts in here! I just got back from yooperland (no internet access) and there is a ton of great stuff to digest. I'm still waiting on my mFGP, but I do have the reply from Ted about the question I asked about why I prefer heavier putters.

Here it is:
Spoiler

James,

Good morning to you.

SeeMore has many great features. We can customize any head weight, swing weight, length, lie, etc. What is also great about a SeeMore putter is that the putter always putts you in the same spot every single time for every single putt. Because you have the same starting point you will get use to your stroke and begin to learn your good putts from your bad putts.

If you are not using the RST how do you know if you are setting up in the same spot every single time. What happens with people is that they start trying to fix the putter instead of working on their putting stroke. They add weight to get feel - they take out weight to get feel - they have a bigger grip because they have too much hands - they have a lighter putter for certain speed of greens - have a heavier putter for another speed of greens - WOW - this hurts.

SeeMore takes care of all of this - you do not have to put a band-aid on your stroke. We build a stroke around a proper set-up, proper posture, proper ball position. In essence I can have you make putts on concrete and you will be able to hole these putts because you are always setting up in the same place - ball in the same position - YOU know want you are doing.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Ted

Ted Gallina
PGA Professional
SPi - Director of Instruction

July 7, 2012
Orlando, Florida
Northshore Golf Club
96* slight breeze
Greens rolling 11 on Stemp

Before I get started with the my review of todays session I wanted to share some thoughts that I had on my way back and toward the end of session today. I have been blessed to be a part of a few testings during my time on THP. I have taken everyone very seriously and for the most part have had positives about each item I tested. I know that there is a perceived preasure, to like what you are testing and I asked myself if I liked the SeeMore M5 or is it the fact that I am testing and have to give it a good review. My honest answer is, I don't know, it's too early to know. Is it a solid putter, does it produce a tight roll, does it seem to roll right off the face, does it have good weight and a great look.....YES. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread, too soon to tell. But I can tell you this, my reviews will have far more postives than negatives. The negatives aren't even that, they are adjustments that one might view as negatives. Why you may ask, because in the short time I have had the putter I am seeing way more positives then negatives. Its sense that one just has about a club that is in their bag. Some call it the honey period, I don't know what I call it.

So if I sound warm and fuzzy during my reviews its becasue that is what I am feeling while I'm testing and working through this process. It doesn't mean I am ready to sell the farm and move into a small place with the putter. It may some day come to that a few months from now but I am not there yet. Make no mistake with each roll of the M5 I gain more and more confidence in what I am working on. I am greatly enamored with the flat stick and all it has offered through two sessions.

Review:

Instead of just standing on the putting green and rolling putts to a few holes I have decided that if I don't play I will roll a minimum of 100 putts per session. Today I rolled putts from 3 distance and locations. I used the same hole but moved around the horn.

My first stop was a 10 foot right to left slider with the graining pulling to the left. This is a putt that can easily get away from you if you are not careful. I made 10 of 30 putts from this range (average).

My next stop was a down grain 15 footer that moved slightly to the left the last 18" of the putt. I managed 13 of 30 from 15 feet.

[video=youtube;w7-QP7ErPek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7-QP7ErPek[/video]

[video=youtube;jNMeEllM-Sk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNMeEllM-Sk[/video]

My last and final spot was a 6 footer into the grain that moved onehalf ball to the left. Best spot for me with 25 of 30 made.

The last 10 putts where long distance lag putts. I did just that lagged 10 putts at various distances.

Beginning of Session:

I had similar thoughts over each putt.
  • How easy it was to setup the putter behind the ball
  • get the sole of the putter flat
  • excellerate through each putt
I think I accomplished that with each roll. I feel that if I have these three points taken care of, with the proper line and stroke I will make the putt. I honesty stood over each putt expecting to make. The only variable that may have been off prior to pulling the tigger was my aim point. To me everything else was in line. The video tells a different story completely. I mader 30% of my putts from 10', the sole of the club was flat, I excellerated through the putts but my aim point was off.

Each putt rolled like the one before it, end over end. It fely as though the ball was rolling off the facetoward the hole and not popping off the face then rolling. When I would look up, when the ball was half way to the hole I noticed the aim line rolling true. The RST was hidden and hidden very easily prior to me placing my left hand on the grip. Provided the line was correct, I felt this was the first and most important check point before anything else transpired. I was wondering prior to receiving the putter if this was going to be an issue. The question has been answered, not an issue at all.

Adjustment period:

As I stated in my previous review, my hands are in a different position in front of my body due to the lie angle. Today was not where as awkward as the first day but it is still foreign to me and will take some adjustment. I am also standing taller than I am used but I have found a comfortable position with compromising the stance. I am eager to hear what my fitter has to say on July 20th when we get together. I will have had numerous session with the M5 and hopefully will have been practicing correctly, we will wait and see.

Final thought:

Seemore has created, as far as I can tell, a putter that looks extremely solid. Solid in a way that you wouldn't ecpect the softness you get when you stroke through your putts. There is no hit in the faceof the putter at all. The ball, melts off the face and gets to rolling toward the intended target line. I can't recall the loft of the putter but from address it seem there none. This gives the putter a super sqaure look at address. i think this helps me to know where my misses are coming from. Not only the location on the putter head but also the angle I am coming into the ball. The later is an added bonus for me. In the past I knew by the roll what I did at impact. I now know as soon as I hit the putt. So not only does the M5 offer a solid roll but instant feedback, huge plus for me.

Great stuff Freddie and Jman. Jman, I believe you may just be the Chuck Norris of reviewers. The speed control I'm getting with the mFGP2 is stellar and I know what you mean about realizing you are actually putting where aimed now.

Hawk that is an awesome post. I sort of did the same thing but obviously I'm a tester in this thread but I don't yet have my new seeMore. So instead of rolling my old putter I decided to get out an old SeeMore to start getting into the feeling of using the RST and the O'brien method of putting. I rolled about 5 putts on the green and then hit the course for my round. While I played much better today and had 17 putts I was really happy with the SeeMore. My two three putts were from a mile away and with it being my first time out with a SeeMore in forever I'm pretty happy with how the round went. Rolled in some awesome putts and when I missed it was always close with tap ins coming back. Can't wait for the new M series to show up.

I bet you can't wait. I'd be going crazy.

I saw that you had some long lags and that's always a struggle for me just because the distance is guesswork. I should practice them more since I get quite a few when I play lol.

Not to derail the actual products that you all are testing, but the cool thing about O'Briens method (meaning the actual putting stroke) is that it does work with just about any putter out there. The one thing you lose is that peace of mind that your set up and alignment are always the same, which does bother me at least a time or two every time I play. I look down and notice that my ball position has maybe crept back or forward of that I'm slightly closed. I think RST is especially helpful when you have putts from odd angles or are on the side of a slope, etc.

Bucks New SeeMore Putting Routine

Bucks New SeeMore Putting Routine

Well as i have written with the RST Technology and after going over a few things with my SPi Instructor Andy i have decided to change my putting routine to help me with my putting. I spent most of the day yesterday working on my grip and stance and posture to make sure i was getting into good position and working on a new routine that i felt comfortable with.... my old routine was very quick and deliberate. i don't like sitting around and doing 100 things before i putt. i usually just get behind my ball find my line, pick a spot on the green about a foot in front of my ball on my line abd then get up to my ball, line up my putter to that spot and try to roll the ball over that spot. i don't even mark my ball half the time unless it needs to be cleaned. But after talking with Andy he suggested a few things that i took into consideration and i changed in my routine. My routine is now gonna be longer than before but i feel like the couple of things i changed will help me with places that i struggle with my putting. Now before i get into my new routine i wanted to talk a little bit about how i currently practice and play... i learned a long time ago with my job you should train like its the real thing cause when you need to do things under pressure you will be better served to do it better under stress and stuff if you practiced or trained like it will be out on the street. I have really tried to do that with my training and practice in golf especially more lately than ever before. I personally and this isn't saying anyone else is doing it wrong or anything you should do whatever works for you, but i go through my routine for every putt i take on the practice green, warm up before a round and on the course that i am trying to make fall into the cup... the only difference is when i am trying to get a feel for the speed but ill get back to that later when i talk about my pre round warm up. I do everything im about to go over so that when i am feeling pressure on a 6' or 8' putt i need to make to win a skin or to score a best round. i feel like i have a better chance to make it. i have never done well with just pulling ball after ball over and striking the same putt a bunch of times. it just doesn't work for me. again this is just me personally. I also only bring 2 balls on the practice green with me for any practice session and for pre round warm ups. i used to use 2 and move to a different spot but now i am really only using 1. Andy also advised me that i should only take 1 ball and move around so im gonna try to only use 1 ball unless i am trying to show something on video for the review. I also really feel like this is practicing more like what i would be facing in real rounds and im not gonna have 50 putts from the same spot in my round and it should also help me learn to read greens better. I have been practicing like this for a little bit now about 6 months to a year i'd say and it has helped me a lot. I plan on doing it religiously now especially with my routine changes to do my routine more until it becomes normal for me and i can do it without thinking. I know this takes a lot longer or i may not be able to hit as many shots but i've realized i get more from my range and short game time when i take my time and go through my routines than trying to hit a ton of balls. which i did for a really long time before starting to take my golf lessons. As for practice i play a lot of games with myself to keep it fun honestly putting practice isn't as much fun for most people as hitting the range so i mix that up a lot and in my reviews ill go over what games i played with myself that day and all that stuff...

My pre game warm ups have just very recently changed for me after reading Bob Rotellas book Putting out of your mind... i now will NOT use a cup to try to figure out the speed of the greens i will putt from the center of the green to the fringe and try to stop the ball right against where the fringe starts. and i only take a few putts over 5' or 6' maybe 3 or 4. i spend most of the time at 2 or 3 feet and try to make 10 in a row from how ever close i need to get to just to see the ball falling into the hole and build my mental confidence. this i feel has helped me a lot. now im not watching putt after putt miss from far away trying to get a feel for speed or just trying to make putts the pros don't make most of the time and getting discouraged i now see putts dropping one after another. Even if its from a foot or two who cares you're still making putts. Andy also said this was a good way to warm up. so thats still gonna be my pre round warm up so at least one thing isn't changing.

Ok finally for the set up and routine. Anything new i will put in BOLD RED type
Once i get up to my ball and mark it i look for my line behind the ball if need to i can quickly walk up to the hole and see if theres any break within the last 1/3 of the putt for longer putts. The ball will be rolling the slowest during the last 1/3 of the putt so if theres any break there it will break more due to the ball rolling slower. but usually i can get a pretty good read from behind it unless its a longer putt where i might walk the putt quick. Ive never been the guy who looks at a putt from 100 different angles. After i find my line i will use the alignment aid on my ball to line that up with my intended line that i want the putt to start on. I have never really used the alignment aid on a ball before just used a spot on the green. i then will walk behind my ball again to check that my alignment line on my ball is correct from behind the ball so i can see both lines are matched up. i then will go to the side of the ball like i was gonna take my putt and look at the hole to see how far away it is. I then will take 2 practice strokes... i can't remember the last time i had taken practice strokes before i made a putt but Andy said this might help with my distance control and i should try it out to see if it helps or not. i honestly think it has always taken up time that has me losing the thought of where my line is but with me using the alignment line on my ball now its not as big of a deal and may help me if i trust that line is correct when i get over the ball. i then set my putter down behind the ball and make sure the RST is correct (hiding the red dot) and my alignment line on my ball and the sightlines on my putter are lined up. i adjust my feet and get into the proper stance. i look at the hole one more time or where i want the putt to go.... if its up hill i'll look behind the hole cause i need to hit it a little harder or short of the hole for a down hill putt. i then concentrate on a spot one inch in front of the ball on my line and just roll the ball over that spot and try to keep my head down till the ball is halfway to the hole.

So thats pretty much it... it doesn't seem like a lot but honestly between those few changes and adding time to my routine and my stance and grip changes theres a lot more thoughts in my head when im putting than id like. I'm sure with all the repetitions im making by going through my routine it will become second nature before i know it... i just have always putt much better when i see the line and get up and hit it asap. i usually didn't even start looking for my line till it was my turn to putt or right before my turn. because i hate standing there and waiting it just throws me off. prob because i like to play fast. So well see how Andys changes and the new grip and stance work out. one other thing on my stance that is a little different that you might see in my videos is that my left foot is about 1-2 inches behind where my right foot is when im putting. i just feel like i can see the hole better this way when im standing over the ball and helps me make a smoother stroke. I made a quick video yesterday to show my new routine its right below..... anyway im off to finally get this putter on a real green and play some chip and putt and maybe to play some holes or practice more on the green.

nice write up Tad, question do you have a Stemp meter? or did you ask the greens keeper or something?

Amazing write up Buck....I think this new routine will definitely help you start breaking par out there....

i learned a long time ago with my job you should train like its the real thing cause when you need to do things under pressure you will be better served to do it better under stress and stuff if you practiced or trained like it will be out on the street. I have really tried to do that with my training and practice in golf especially more lately than ever before. I personally and this isn't saying anyone else is doing it wrong or anything you should do whatever works for you, but i go through my routine for every putt i take on the practice green, warm up before a round and on the course that i am trying to make fall into the cup

i will use the alignment aid on my ball to line that up with my intended line that i want the putt to start on. I have never really used the alignment aid on a ball before just used a spot on the green

I liked both of these. I'm guilty, probably like most of us, of not doing all the things I usually do on the course when I practice. I'm a big fan of the one ball routine, but I usually skip the read, line up, etc.

As for the alignment aid, I started doing that when I got the DB4x and I really rely on it to this day for alignment.

I like the new routine youre adopting. Question, when using the alignment aid on the ball what is your aim point? Is it something directly in front of you ball on the intended line or your end point? Also the bolded is very true, (the ball will be rolling the slowest during the last 1/3 of the putt so if theres any break there it will break more due to the ball rolling slower) and I want to know if you are trying to die the ball into the hole of hit it past the hole? This can greatly affect you aim point. I try,80% of the time, to make sure any missed putt finishes past the hole. The occassions I try to die it in the hole is on very fast greens.

I do not have a stemp meter but I do know the green keeper at most of the courses I play. Yesterday I actually grabbed it from the shop and checked the speed. For the most part I will just ask what the speed is or was when they measured it.

I've been having a hard time reading all these fantastic reviews. I have an Si3 myself - and now find myself looking into getting an mSeries way too often, haha.

You guys are truly doing a fantastic job. Keep up the great work - and hopefully SeeMore helps your game as much as it has helped mine!

Buck, we have got a LOT of similarities not just in putter taste and obsession buddy but also in the way we did putt it appears.

I've never had a routine until now, I was JUST like you, pick my spot and roll. I'm taking one practice behind the ball now staring down my intended line but I'm also using an alignment line on the 10-12 foot and in range. I do agree that it is an adjustment.

As to your left foot, thats the way I've always lined up and it has taken one HECK of a concentrated effort to break myself of it.

Good stuff buddy!!!

I was coming in here to write my review and ran across the wordsmith better known as Jman. Yet another nicely thought out and well worded review. This is testing 101 in its best form.
Your closing thoughts are along the lines of what I am opening with, I'll expand in my review. I have a question for you. I know that you are committed to changing the way you putt, mentally and physically. Is that because you feel that is the only way you'll get the most out of this testing? You want to be a better putter (which you mentioned) or do you belive in this new methos you were taught? Or is it a combination of all or something I failed to list. I am curious and I know becoming a better putter is obvious but it was on my check list while I practiced and tested today.

Thanks for the kind words Freddie! I moved this up as I got cut off onto another page and since you asked the Q I wanted to make sure you saw I wasn't blowing you off! Hahaha

As to your question...it really is a combo for me and I'm not trying to take an easy way out, so I hope you don't think that.

In any other situation or phase of the game I'd tell you its to sell out for the testing and to do a full rounded review because that's what the company and those following along absolutely deserve, but leading into this one I truly realized my major weakness has become my favorite phase of the game and that honest to goodness did some lofty damage to my confidence. Coming in to this I fully believed it was not that I just wanted to become a better putter, I must become a better putter for my game as I have been exposed to myself. The fitting with Brady is what changed that into genuinely believing that the SPi method not just can do what I want/need but it will if I seel out to it. I wish you all could meet Brady as the passion the man has for the SPi just oozes from him and his way of explaining the functions, why's, and how's of it are what sold my analytical self. Plus, I saw that day on the green that as awkward as the changes were, they made sense and there were glimpses of it actually working.

I know that's long winded Freddie, but its such a combination of everything that it blows my mind to even think on. I've run the gamut from one end of the spectrum to the other mentally I think. Its been eye opening.

Buck that was one solid arse write up man. Really got me pondering my whole putting routine too. Yesterday while rolling my hoarded SeeMore I did much the same thing. Set up, practice strokes, final set up to the ball and one last look at the hole. I holed more putts yesterday then I can remember in quite some time. What I liked the most was beside the really long lag putts that I struggled with everything from 20' and in scared the hole. SeeMore makes putts.

Great stuff buck. I have taken a lot of care developing a consistent pre-shot routine on everything EXCEPT my putting.

Its something i know that i need to get locked down and intend on doing it over the course of this testing.

I also really like the one ball practice method. That is something i have done for the last year or so. I like to treat the practice green like a mini-putting course and challenge myself to get through it in the fewest putts possible. Ive found it really helps me focus on all aspects of the putt, instead of just simply rolling multiple balls toward the hole.

Boy, my mFGP cant get here soon enough! Reading this thread while waiting on an mSeries putter is a challenge in its self.

Buck that was one solid arse write up man. Really got me pondering my whole putting routine too. Yesterday while rolling my hoarded SeeMore I did much the same thing. Set up, practice strokes, final set up to the ball and one last look at the hole. I holed more putts yesterday then I can remember in quite some time. What I liked the most was beside the really long lag putts that I struggled with everything from 20' and in scared the hole. SeeMore makes putts.

I fully get this. Like I said in yesterdays review post, pace is still one of my issued right now with all of the change I've undergone, but Saturday there were a couple long ones that when I rocked my shoulders for the stroke and got the pace right just scared the hole and really seemed like you could see that they were tracking. Things like that are what excite the heck out of me to keep working on it.

I fully get this. Like I said in yesterdays review post, pace is still one of my issued right now with all of the change I've undergone, but Saturday there were a couple long ones that when I rocked my shoulders for the stroke and got the pace right just scared the hole and really seemed like you could see that they were tracking. Things like that are what excite the heck out of me to keep working on it.

Same here Jman. Im really looking forward to putting some work in with my new SeeMore. Yesterday really opened my eyes to what a good routine and being properly aligned can do. I hit a terrible chip that left me, I dunno maybe 15' for par and drained it. I started to think I could make everything and came darn close on a lot of them.

Back