Alpha Golf Releases ProSpec Wedge

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Alpha Golf in Chatsworth, CA has released the new ProSpec wedge.

Designed with a sharp gunmetal black-smoke finish, the ProSpec provides pure game-improvement performance with Dynamic Sole Design. An extra rounded bevel cut-back makes it easy to open the face for a wide range of degrees. With a flattened camber and enlarged sole width, the bounce of the ProSpec is made higher than standard wedges.

"More bounce will keep your shots from digging too deeply into turf or sand and allow for smoother swing-through shots," says Jim Yeh, President and Chief Designer of Alpha Golf. "We used 8620 low carbon steel to enhance the accuracy and power transfer of the ProSpec. Play it high, pitch it straight, or chip it soft. The end result is a tour-preferred array of shots to get you closer to the pin."

The ProSpec wedge also features high spin technology with Alpha's proprietary "90 Reverse Mill". All Alpha wedges go beyond traditional milling with 90 tiny circular grooves carefully embedded into the face. This extra "reverse-milling" step helps to impart even more friction on the ball. With the naked eye, you can actually count the 90 circular grooves on the face. The circular grooves make wedge shots highly accurate and landings exceptionally soft.

The Alpha ProSpec wedge is available in lofts 52°, 56°, and 60°.starts at $106 when assembled with a True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft.

Alpha makes some great porducts. A friend of mine in Oregon, a Titleist fanboy, uses an Alpha 3 wood instead of his 906. I tried his 3 wood, it was great, set up great, sounded great, and had good distance.

i saw a few pics of those earlier today ... alpha makes some sweet pieces, and i do plan on testing a few of them this year ...

Back