Daphne's Head Covers owner, Entrepreneurial Leadership award winner

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This is a press release.

Six Positively Powerful Women To Receive Awards For Local And Global Leadership

(Phoenix, AZ) -- Six women who are living examples of achieving personal and professional dreams will be honored at the Fifth Annual Positively Powerful Woman Awards, June 22, 2012, at the Ritz Carlton in Phoenix. The awards presentation and luncheon takes place 11:30 am to 2 pm, followed by a Conversation on Leadership Summit from 2:30 pm to 6 pm.

"The women selected for this year's Positively Powerful awards prove that everyone has the opportunity to make dreams a reality," says Dr. Joel Martin, author and renowned international trainer, speaker and coach. "We all have the capacity to be positively powerful and the magnitude of their collective contributions is truly amazing." Dr. Martin is the founder and creator of the annual Positively Powerful Woman Awards program.

The awards program and summit will include a recipient panel discussion, speakers and transformational action learning focused on enhancing personal, professional and business development. They, along with each of the previous 16 award recipients, will be highlighted as shining examples of women making a difference in their respective areas. Corporate supporters of the event include Southwest Gas Corporation, Arizona State University, National Bank of Arizona and Henkel. Registration is $75 and additional information can be found at http://powerfulwomanawards2012.eventbrite.com/ and sponsorship information at http://sponsorpowerfulwomanawards.eventbrite.com/

The 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award recipients are:

• Global Leadership: Michele Halyard, MD, Mayo Clinic
• Corporate Leadership: Pamela Lam, Henkel
• Spiritual Leadership: Reverend Sheriolyn Curry Lasley, Mt. Moriah A.M.E. Church
• Philanthropic Leadership: Sharon Lechter, Global Volunteer and Benefactor
Entrepreneurial Leadership: Jane Spicer, Daphne's Head Covers
• Educational Leadership: Bettie Spruill, Ideal Coaching

Donations gathered at the event will be earmarked for Diana Gregory Outreach Services, a non-profit organization focused on health, nutrition, education and housing related programs. Donations will provide senior citizens with bags filled with fresh produce delivered to their facility/home by Gregory's Fresh Market Place (GFMP).

Background information on 2012 Positively Powerful Awards recipients:

Dr. Michele Halyard, 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award for Global Leadership.
Dr. Halyard has served as chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology Mayo Clinic from 1996-2001. She is currently the vice chair for Research in the Department of Radiation Oncology of the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Halyard is a member of the Phoenix Chapter of the Links, Inc., serving as Western Area Chair of the Health and Human Services Facet. Dr. Halyard was instrumental in the founding of the Coalition of Blacks Against Breast Cancer (CBBC), the only group within Metro Phoenix that provides information or resources specifically for Black women and men with breast cancer.

Pamela Lam, 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award for Corporate Leadership.
Pamela Lam is the vice president of Research and Development for Henkel Laundry and Home Care in North American, reporting directly to the president of Henkel. Ms. Lam has numerous patents and a track record in delivering innovations. Her experience crosses all disciplines within R&D including an overseas assignment in China. She is a founding advisory member of the Asian American Professional Association at Henkel, an active member serving on the Scottsdale Workforce Development and an advocate for young talent development. She has personally, formally and informally, mentored dozens of young professionals. Ms. Lam holds an MS degree in Chemistry from Steven Institute of Technology. She received her Supply Chain Professional Certification at ASU in 2010. Pam was born in Vietnam and has had the pleasure of living in five cities and four countries so far. She is also a Corporate Advisory Council member of the Phoenix Chapter of the National Association of Asian America Professionals (NAAAP).

Rev. Sheriolyn Curry Lasley, 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award for Spiritual Leadership.
Reverend Curry Lasley is the founding pastor of Mt. Moriah A.M.E. Church in Maricopa, AZ. Mt. Moriah was voted into the Desert Mountain Annual Conference in August 2007 and will celebrate five years of serving the community on October 14, 2012. Reverend Curry Lasley is an Itinerant Elder and has earned a Masters of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary. She is also the founder of several businesses, which spiritually align with her ministry. They include Comfort Keepers, which for the last ten years has provided home care services for the elderly and Covenant Family Services, a behavioral health agency that hires and trains caregivers who provide services to seniors so that they may safely stay in their homes. Previously Reverend Curry Lasley was senior adult minister for Tanner Chapel A.M.E. Church and fulfilled many leadership roles at this historical church including director of Young People and Children's Division (YPD) and Youth Minister.

Sharon Lechter, 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award for Philanthropic Leadership.
Sharon gives back to world communities as both a volunteer and benefactor. She is the founder of Pay Your Family First, a financial education organization and YOUTHpreneur, which sparks the entrepreneurial spirit in children. Dedicating her life's work to financial literacy, Ms. Lechter has authored Think and Grow Rich - Three Feet From Gold in cooperation with the Napoleon Hill Foundation, updated Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill-a manuscript hidden for over 70 years and is known world-wide as the co-author of the international best-selling book Rich Dad, Poor Dad and the Rich Dad series of books. Sharon has served on the Dean's Council 100 of the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University and as a member of the advisory board of the Spirit of Enterprise at the W.P. Carey School of Business. She serves on the national board of the Women Presidents' Organization and on the national board of Childhelp, a national organization founded to prevent and treat child abuse. Sharon helps shape the state of financial literacy in our nation through her appointment to the President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy.

Jane Spicer, 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award for Entrepreneurial Leadership.
Jane is the Owner and President of Daphne's Head Covers, a family-owned, labor of love that manufactures just about every sort of animal head cover that can be imagined for golf clubs. Jane has offices located in Phoenix and internationally. In growing her business to the global status it has become, she had two goals: One was to remain solvent. The other one was, as her mother always said, "We must do good while we're doing well." That was hugely important to her. In that regard, Jane has created a fund raising head cover for Gabriel's Angels an organization that delivers healing pet therapy to at-risk children. Jane's entrepreneurial ambitions were awakened when she was a pre-teen and wanted a sailboat. Her mother said if she wanted one, she had to think of a business and make her own money. So she started making and selling toys and those morphed into puppets and ultimately to Daphne's Head Covers, the firm named for her mother. Today approximately 200 PGA men and women have Daphne's Head Covers. And, yes, Jane got the sailboat.

Bettie Spruill, 2012 Positively Powerful Woman Award for Educational Leadership.
Bettie Spruill, CMEC, is an international coach, management consultant, entrepreneur, public speaker and writer with 30 years' experience in the field of transformational technology. She is also a certified Master NLP practitioner and co-founder of Vistar Integrated Programs and Ideal Coaching. Bettie has led experiential effectiveness seminars and workshops in leadership, purpose and vision, and high performance for more than 20,000 people in Russia, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Chili, Mexico, England, Hong Kong, Canada, Ghana and the U.S. as well as multi-national and American companies and educational institutions. In 2000, Bettie adopted the village of Begora, Ghana. Since then, she has raised thousands of dollars to bring the people of Begoro coaching and training and helped develop vision, leadership, strategies and practices of sustainability. Previously Bettie was senior vice president for Lifespring, Inc., one of the largest training and seminar companies in the world. Bettie is a student of the practices of Buddhism, deep ecology and global harmony, Universal Law, Egyptian and Christian mysticism.

Dr. Joel P. Martin is considered "a genuine genius in her approach to personal transformation." She is a training designer, facilitator and executive coach, speaker and author. She has worked with hundreds of individuals in Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit and entrepreneurial organizations across many industries in the U.S, South Africa, France, the U.K., Latvia, Finland, Malaysia, Russia and China. Her company, Triad West Inc., (http://www.positivelypowerful.com/Triadwest/) specializes in diversity, leadership, alignment and breakthrough performance. Dr. Martin serves as a commissioner on the Human Relations Commission, City of Scottsdale, a board member of ABHOW (American Baptist Homes of the West) and the director of Education and Training for the annual FraserNet PowerNetworking Conference.

Congrats to Jane! Awesome writeup!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

congrats Jane, I know Bulldog had nothing but great things to say about his dealings with this company!

Way to go Jane, Congrats!

Very cool! Congrats!

I have pondered some of those head covers but now it adds more moral gas to get one, great job Jane!

Congrats Jane on the achievement!

Great story and well deserved.

Congrats Jane!

Congrats Jane!

Awesome and Congrats!

Wow, that's awesome! Way to go!

Congratulations Jane!! I'm up to 5-6 different Daphne's covers floating around the house, and they are so much better than any other brand.

Congrats, Jane. Daphnes is a hell of a brand and a hell of a company. I love my Boston Terrier C.J. Dog. Best HC's on the market and it's not even close.

Woohoo! Congrats, Jane!!! I've been wondering if a Daphne's headcover would fit my Classic...

Woohoo! Congrats, Jane!!! I've been wondering if a Daphne's headcover would fit my Classic...

Most definitely dude. I have the turtle and the fish and they comfortably fit my driver which is 460cc. They looks great too and rep THP!

I bet it would. C.J. Dog hangs with the Mashie for me though. I didn't try it on the 910.

Most definitely dude. I have the turtle and the fish and they comfortably fit my driver which is 460cc. They looks great too and rep THP!

This has now become a large ponder.

Back