Sight Ball - THP Product Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review James, interesting that you see the most benefit in the shorter shots area of the game as that is the area most golfers improvement would have the greatest effect on their game and scores. Sounds like a solid investment for short game practice.

Very interesting product to say the least. I know I used to have issues with set up and alignment, but now have that resolved.
I guess one would have to take into account that if used with long clubs, such as driver, they may end up losing quite a few balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An interesting concept, thanks for the review James

Not sure I would purchase them as I think I would be more likely to use the balls already in my bag and add alignment lines to them, but I can see the potential benefits, especially for the short game practice

Very interesting product to say the least. I know I used to have issues with set up and alignment, but now have that resolved.
I guess one would have to take into account that if used with long clubs, such as driver, they may end up losing quite a few balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially if the swing is off, which could make replacing them a bit more expensive in the longer term

Interesting product here. Imo it looks better than the Truvis but the fact that it's just a range ball with a $30/dozen price tag may keep me away from them

Interesting product. Using a "range ball" on the course to get alignment aid seems a little off. If it was a stencil of some sort that players could put on their regular ball might be batter concept

Interesting product. Glad to hear that the durability is there for those that would benefit from them that don't need/want a higher performing ball from a spin/feel perspective.

I think for a mid-capper that already has the type of ball they prefer I wonder what purpose this will really serve as it's impossible not to think that the golfer would become dependent on the sight lines assuming they worked for them. Well as soon as they transition to their gamer ball I fail to see how this would really help as I truly believe I would want to see this while I play.

Interesting product, not really something I would find useful. The use of a that level
of ball really doesn't alarm me cause it's a tool for practice. Price point is pretty high as other have stated.

Thanks for the review James. Interesting product that I had not heard of.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Well the price certainly seems...aggressive.

Very interesting and great review. These balls are way too busy for me though. I like as little distractions as possible on the ball.

I'm interested....and skeptical. I stopped using the line on the golf ball to align putts, as once I addressed the ball, I couldn't convince myself that was right. I see the same thing happening with these. Yet anything that is designed to help me focus better, and works, would be a winner for me.

Nice review James. I have not played this ball but I do not see how all their claims can be met.

Nice review James. Not sure i could look down at those lol i could see where they'd be beneficial as mentioned but once again that price seems a bit much.

Neat review bud. Alignment is something I always have to focus on or it'll get all wonky. This seems like it could be a nice little experiment.

Not a bad idea, but a little pricy for what it is. Good writeup on it though James.

Good write up James. It's an interesting product, but I really can't see myself using it.

Nice review, James.

Thanks for the review James.
I can see this as possibly helping with putting and possibly chipping/pitching while practicing. Just not sure if this is any better than drawing a line on the ball.

Great write up; can see myself trying this. I noticed Golfsmith using the Callaway soccer style golf balls in the putting area, really found myself focusing!

Solid review James with some good information.

I can see how these would be beneficial with someone trying to engrain a swing path and focusing on the target to make sure they are not coming OTT during the down swing. I don't see this as being something to use long term, but it's a great teaching aide to help drive home some swing fixes. I also see this as something to train with every once in a while to make sure bad habits haven't creeped in.

very nice review, theory sound good, may have to try 6 of them.

Great review James! I really like the marks on the ball and thinking about picking some up for my practice net.

Back