The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many movies give the wrong idea of zombies. Zombies cannot swim. They would fall to the bottom of the water and just walk on the floor. An angry shark would destroy a zombie. Zombies are creatures created by a virus, an they are not afraid of light. You can only kill them by shooting them in the head or burning them. They can't think. They just move towards live flesh and try to eat it. They are not constrained by things such as fatigue. Zombies are zombies.

Okay, I get what you are saying. So you don't like movies that don't stick to the pre-established mythos that is the traditional zombie?

Okay, I get what you are saying. So you don't like movies that don't stick to the pre-established mythos that is the traditional zombie?

This could easily be shortened. "I don't like the movies that are wrong."

But yes essentially what you said is true because they are generally incorrect.

Too many movies give the wrong idea of zombies. Zombies cannot swim. They would fall to the bottom of the water and just walk on the floor. An angry shark would destroy a zombie. Zombies are creatures created by a virus, an they are not afraid of light. You can only kill them by shooting them in the head or burning them. They can't think. They just move towards live flesh and try to eat it. They are not constrained by things such as fatigue. Zombies are zombies.

According to George A Romero, Zombies are created from nuclear fallout from a satellite. And zombies can be trained to learn their name, as long as it's simple like Bub. Also, they can learn to use a gun and shoot their tormentors. According to the Dead movies.

Sorry, I spend my day around football players. My mind craves complicated sentence structure and multi-syllabic words.
This could easily be shortened. "I don't like the movies that are wrong."

But yes essentially what you said is true because they are generally incorrect.

According to George A Romero, Zombies are created from nuclear fallout from a satellite. And zombies can be trained to learn their name, as long as it's simple like Bub. Also, they can learn to use a gun and shoot their tormentors. According to the Dead movies.

Yes and he is wrong. This information is not true.

Sorry, I spend my day around football players. My mind craves complicated sentence structure and multi-syllabic words.

Hahaha I know how you feel!

Yes and he is wrong. This information is not true.

So Max Brooks' definition is the only right definition? Even though it came close to 40 years after Romero's?

So Max Brooks' definition is the only right definition? Even though it came close to 40 years after Romero's?

There's only one correct definition because zombies are fixed beings. The definition of a zombie can't be fluid because they are one thing. It's not like they change all the time.

:popcorn:

Thanks Jake. the definition of Zombie is whatever the author wants it to be, as a means to fit the narrative.

I sure hope I am missing on some sarcasm being used by young Damaikis.

Vampires > zombies.

Deadliest Warrior proved it with science and data.

Thanks Jake. the definition of Zombie is whatever the author wants it to be, as a means to fit the narrative.

Anytime, lol. FWIW, I subscribe to the Ramero school of zombiehood.

Lol author? I mean I guess that's true. I could always write about birds and say that they are 7,000 feet long and filled with rocks. Though just because I write it doesn't make it true of the birds.

P.S. Yes there is a lot of sarcasm here. I love zombies, and therefore believe they're real. Henceforth I say that zombies have fixed definitions. :D

Vampires > zombies.

Truth. Though vampires aren't real.

Vampires > zombies.

Zombies are only effective in hordes, a single (non Twilight) vampire can cause a whole lot of damage.

Also, what has happened to vampires? When I was younger, they sucked blood, not... well you know.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JR
What's even better (and nerdier) than a vampire? A zombie Marvel character.

Spoiler
145-marvel-zombies.jpg

Boom.

That was freaking hysterical. Bravo, man!
Zombies are only effective in hordes, a single (non Twilight) vampire can cause a whole lot of damage.

Also, what has happened to vampires? When I was younger, they sucked blood, not... well you know.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Spoiler
marvelzombies1.jpg

Nerd boom again.

Spoiler
marvelzombies1.jpg

Nerd boom again.

I have a hard time believing that this actually happened. Otherwise we would all be dead. Those things would be unstoppable.

Zombies...pffftt whatev. Where's woody harrelson when you need him.

Oh yeah, puff puff passing.

Those 28 Days Later zombies were tough. Fast as hell. Now that's a good zombie.

Kevin

Those 28 Days Later zombies were tough. Fast as hell. Now that's a good zombie.

Kevin

Nerd voice on -

28 Days Later were not Zombies. Nobody was actually eaten. They were merely infected with a "rage virus".

- nerd voice off.

Nerd voice on -

28 Days Later were not Zombies. Nobody was actually eaten. They were merely infected with a "rage virus".

- nerd voice off.

Super Zombies. Zombies 2.0.

Kevin

Team Hackers would definitely win the Zombie Cup 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back