Golf Marathon - tips & experiences?

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
Hi,

I'm taking part on my home course in a golf marathon competition in a couple of days. It's a four round competition, but you play all the rounds back to back, almost.

The competition is as follows:
1 st group tee off, 04:00 AM. My group 4:30.

The 1st round is from the back tee, the 2nd round from the second tee, 3rd seniors tee, 4th ladies tee.

After the first round there's a 30 min break, after the second round a 60 min lunch, after the third a 30 min break.

So, that's 72 holes in a day, and I was wondering, has anyone participated in any similar events? I suppose, take it loose, try to enjoy and eat and drink all the time?

The early tee time is not a problem, last week a played 5 days in a row when I tee'd off at 5 am, last year I player abt. 40 rounds teeing off at 5-6 am.

Well, any tips on how to maintain a good score during this would be appreciated! :)

I would say to stay hydrated (be well hydrated BEFORE you start playing), and keep your practice swings to a minimum.

I used to play 54 a day on the weekends sometimes when I worked at a golf course. Just drink some Gatorades and eat decent food when you're hungry and you'll be fine.

It sounds a lot more difficult than it really is.

I'm attempting 99 holes on Tuesday. 6:20 AM first tee time, don't know what to do yet for following times. Either going to try and make it work without tee times as it probably won't be that crowded or guess on my times. based on 2:20 rounds.

Here's how I did.

Tied 3rd place, but based on HCP the other guy was ranked above me.

4 rounds, 72 holes. Rounds: 83, 81, 87 & 86. 337 strokes, with 130 putts. 133 bogey points. One broken hybrid. I went TW from AT&T on it, and it didn't hold. Now in two pieces. But, I made par.

New HCP 12.6

screenshot20120704at225.png

kuva1yk.jpg

Back