Another Chance to Win Driver Love

Some of these people have 1 tweet. I just did some investigation and this competition is terrible. I looked at 1 person and I tweeted a full 2 minutes before him and he won.

now that you mention that my tweets are 2 minutes ahead of some of the winners as well .

Makes losing that much more frustrating in this case...

now that you mention that my tweets are 2 minutes ahead of some of the winners as well .

Yep, I just checked and I was 2 minutes ahead of most and 3 min ahead of one of them, oh well. Not sure how the feeds actually work to let the messages in and in what order. I know TMag did not care who won the drivers so it does upset me at all.

I was excited for the first 20 minutes of the broadcast, then it hit me that I had zero chance of winning because I watch on directv and it is delayed 5 to 10 seconds behind cable.

:mad:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yep, I just checked and I was 2 minutes ahead of most and 3 min ahead of one of them, oh well. Not sure how the feeds actually work to let the messages in and in what order. I know TMag did not care who won the drivers so it does upset me at all.

I don't like that they didn't follow their own rules. They had people with way more than 1 tweet win when the rules say "1 Tweet per person."

I also have DirecTV, and am on a slight delay. How quickly after they threw the heart on TV, did they tweet it? Maybe we should just all watch the twitter next time around... lol

I hit the submit button the second the graphic came up. Then I checked and TM had already tweeted about 10 seconds earlier.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I watched the SD channel which was 8 secs faster than HD... my tweet posted 2 secs on my feed following the graphic showing up (and after TMs post that the graphic showed up), and 2-3 mins before some of the winners (according to their feed). Doesn't make sense - but oh well - its a free contest!!!

I actually went thru the twitter feed before headin out tonight (clicked on # discover) and searched tweets - all for @taylormadegolf and #R11sLove. These guys were no where near the first to tweet after the emblem showed at 3:41PM EST. There are hundreds if not thousands of tweets before the so called "winning" tweets. I tweeted right at 3:41, and I counted at least 130 tweets before my tweet - but something seems fishy that folks who were 2 minutes late to the party walked away with the prizes! I sent a DM to TMG, and the reply I received was they went by their timeline and my time stamp may not be correct

So this was at 3:41 yesterday, what time was in on Thursday? I've determined the fastest TV in my house, I'm going for it. Only problem is, I don;t know if my phone will be able to send the text fast enough... it's not that good of a phone.

So this was at 3:41 yesterday, what time was in on Thursday? I've determined the fastest TV in my house, I'm going for it. Only problem is, I don;t know if my phone will be able to send the text fast enough... it's not that good of a phone.

I think the contest is done. They were only doing it for rounds 1 & 2 for the Golf Channel coverage

I think the contest is done. They were only doing it for rounds 1 & 2 for the Golf Channel coverage

It's texting now isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's now texting and done during the CBS coverage. Check OP for details.

I've been running some "test" texts to see how quickly it sends. My HDTV with the SD channel on (cable) is about 1. seconds faster than the regular TV. Sucks that I gotta watch SD... and the texts take 2 seconds to send sometimes... someone with a brand new iPhone and the best plan is gonna beat me.

Had to work Thurs and Fri so it looks like I'll be glued to the screen the next two days. Good Luck Everyone!

Was that it?

I think I just won! Got a msg back saying send email address, name and DOB with WIN as subjet

Was that it?

NOt sure - I think it was a promo and not the actual contest. TMGs twitter feed doesn't say anything about the billboard showing up.

Also, different from the Thurs/Fri broadcast the billboard with the heart graphic will appear twice each day. The first 6 texts win the 1st billboard, and the 1st 5 win on the 2nd billboard.

I think I just won! Got a msg back saying send email address, name and DOB with WIN as subjet

I don't know 10yard. I got the same message. Hopefully we both won but I think it's cruel marketing to get your email address. I bet everyone gets that message.

Yeah. I think everyone gets that. I'm still confused if that was the contest or not.

Back