Club Making Legend Answers THP Reader Questions

Man!!!!!!! That'd be amazing!

I'm going to test that 3-4 shot idea since I'm going from MC(players cavity) to Razr X irons(GI).

Amazing show, I hope he comes back and does a live chat in the near future. Can we have him be the keynote speaker at The Morgan Cup

Great show, looking forward to a live chat show.

Glad so many enjoyed this one. Some great info.

Glad so many enjoyed this one. Some great info.

Glad this is up. I am going to give this a listen this evening!

it was a great show as usual, guy is full of knowledge

Great info, sweet spot, forged versus not forged, blades versus GI, favorite design and the questions just went on and on and the answers were all interesting and informative. Favorite show ever.

Great info, sweet spot, forged versus not forged, blades versus GI, favorite design and the questions just went on and on and the answers were all interesting and informative. Favorite show ever.

I agree. This was a good one. Nice to hear his opinion on the various topics.

Great show!
I just had a chance to listen to it and was excited to hear one of my questions answered!
I really loved the question and answer about anyone being able to feel the difference in forged vs cast.

I've listened to the show a couple of times now, and each time I seem to pick up more and more from it. I love hearing people who truly love and are passionate about what they do, talk about their craft.

Have a question about something Mr. Hoeflich said in the interview. He commented on the Nickent Arc wedges being one of his favorite designs, so I went out and looked them up and they are beautiful wedges. Not the genex arc, but the ones with three green dots. My question, has anyone hit these? I really like the looks of this wedge and would love to try them out. I know they are older wedges, but that is beside the point....lol

Have a question about something Mr. Hoeflich said in the interview. He commented on the Nickent Arc wedges being one of his favorite designs, so I went out and looked them up and they are beautiful wedges. Not the genex arc, but the ones with three green dots. My question, has anyone hit these? I really like the looks of this wedge and would love to try them out. I know they are older wedges, but that is beside the point....lol

Played them for a full season. Absolutely love them. Beautiful finish looks great. Internals of the club give it in an incredibly soft feel. There is a review of them on the home page I believe from a few years ago.

Thanks JB. I figured you had probably bagged them at some point. I will find that review.

Just listened to the program. Thank you Mr. Hoeflich for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated!

Listened to this again. Well worth going over again, and taking in even more detail. JH really does get his points across with ease, it's a joy to listen to!

Just getting caught up on previous shows I havent been able to listen to, surprised and honored my question was selected & answered. The question I liked the most (from Biggsy) was regarding the adjustable club, even surprising to hear he is an 8-10.

GG - It's pronounced "Dubble-DXU" ;)

Thats funny right there...hehe

Just got finished listening to this interview........great questions guys! I will have to keep my eye out for the Arc wedges. What retails normally carry Nickent? Off to read the review that JB is talking about above :D

Just got finished listening to this interview........great questions guys! I will have to keep my eye out for the Arc wedges. What retails normally carry Nickent? Off to read the review that JB is talking about above :D

Nickent is gone. Well it was gone and now it is brought back from Dicks as they purchased the name. They may have new clubs out, and they may be called Nickent, but they are not the same clubs and not done by the same man.

JBH had a doozy of some insight recently on another fine topic I will be bringing to THP tomorrow on feel. Looking forward to everybody's thought on it.

Still enjoy listening to this show.

I just went back and listened to this one again as I do from time to time and have to say if you have not heard it, and like golf equipment, it is a must listen. One of the greatest club makers ever sits down with GG and myself to discuss questions taken from the THP Forum.

I joined after this one happened- I'll be listening pretty soon for sure!

Man, I'm glad this was bumped. What a phenomenal show. I didn't know Tommy Armour released a set of equal length clubs, really very interesting. I'd love to try a single length set with today's tech in both club heads and shafts.

Happy to do so. If you enjoyed this, there are 3-4 interviews with him on the home page both in audio and written. Some really good stuff from a legend like Hoeffy.

That was a great listen! Loved his honesty and he is truly a wealth of knowledge.

Im bumping this interview because there have been a lot of questions lately about golf equipment in general. Few interviews we have done have more info about golf clubs than this one and done straight from the man that has created them for decades.

Back