Honestly, handicaps and relation to what irons you play is completely overrated. I think it boils down to swing, swing consistency and how often you're hitting the center (not necesarily the sweet spot).

Rep added brokoBell. I completely agree with this.

You know that I agree completely with you.

We are smart like dude. I might completely change my Morgan Cup order based on what we've been talking about and what I'm seeing.

Yeah they look sharp enough that i wanna try them on looks alone but reading up on the technology on them its pretty interesting also.

You'll love the looks even more at address. :)

As an admitted Ping fan, I think it's great that they are putting some clubs out there for THP members to put to the test.
The i20's are great looking irons and will be among the clubs that I look to hit when I visit Edwin Watts and Pong Man next week.

im skimming a bit but what shafts are in these?

The stock Ping shaft is what I hit and man, it felt amazing. KBS like I think. but they have a ton of options. Ping brings it with fitting.

im skimming a bit but what shafts are in these?

I forget what they call it but its a stock Ping shaft and I reckon I liked it a lot.

I think the stock CFS shafts are wonderful. CFS stands for Control, Feel, Stability, and I reckon they live up to that name. One of my favorite things is that the Stiff flex only weights 109 grams, so they aren't uber fatiguing either. IMO, very Nippon-like. At least the NS series. But even better is that PING offers the Modus3 as a custom option. If I were getting these, I'd get the stock shafts for sure. They are great.

I think the stock CFS shafts are wonderful. CFS stands for Control, Feel, Stability, and I reckon they live up to that name. One of my favorite things is that the Stiff flex only weights 109 grams, so they aren't uber fatiguing either. IMO, very Nippon-like. At least the NS series. But even better is that PING offers the Modus3 as a custom option. If I were getting these, I'd get the stock shafts for sure. They are great.

Figured you would know!!! i would be tempted to hit a Modus3 but the numbers I saw, I would probably just not even care.

Honestly, handicaps and relation to what irons you play is completely overrated. I think it boils down to swing, swing consistency and how often you're hitting the center (not necesarily the sweet spot).

I agree. As long as a club feels good and works for you it doesn't matter what handicap they say it is. It's a marketing tool the helps some consumers but also sells more products. I bet a lot of golfers change to newer clubs when they get outside the "recommended handicap range" eventhough what they are currently using is perfect for them.

i can't believe im pondering new irons when im so happy with the R11s....

Great post. Thanks for the info dudehammer

I agree. As long as a club feels good and works for you it doesn't matter what handicap they say it is. It's a marketing tool the helps some consumers but also sells more products. I bet a lot of golfers change to newer clubs when they get outside the "recommended handicap range" eventhough what they are currently using is perfect for them.

I agree! Now there are some clubs that are out my skill level and I'll readily admit that but some people get scared of hitting because of a handicap range.

hahaha, welcome to THP my friend.

Thanks first day here,

Yeah the heavier shaft than the KBS has me interested i think the 90s might be a little light for my swing now. really thinking of getting fitted for shafts either way after my swing change is finished. 109 sounds like a really good weight. Be interesting to get fitted for these and see what they say.

I agree! Now there are some clubs that are out my skill level and I'll readily admit that but some people get scared of hitting because of a handicap range.

TMex never saw a club he wont hit.

Adams F12 3 wood hehe

All we have to do is huddle up on the range at the outing and he'll come over to see what were hitting. F12 3W bro!! lol

That is if we can get him to put down the i20 irons for 2 minutes haha

I hit the 6i for other day at Golf Galaxy and was crushing it with an easy/controlled swing. I think I was getting about 190-195 carry with it. They just feel so comfortable to hit. The top looks very clean and the swingweight felt better than most irons I have ever played.

Stock CFS shafts are awesome. As I mentioned, very KBS tour-like. Smooth and lively but easy to control.

Adams F12 3 wood hehe

All we have to do is huddle up on the range at the outing and he'll come over to see what were hitting. F12 3W bro!! lol

That is if we can get him to put down the i20 irons for 2 minutes haha

Lol I don't hit Prolaunch Blue's in metals though. You know this!

I'm going to put the i20's down. EVER haha.

Stop it TMex. Speed coating bro! BOOM!

One of the things I like the most about these irons is the look. I think they look awesome. Like a good combo of modern classical badassness.

Stop it TMex. Speed coating bro! BOOM!

One of the things I like the most about these irons is the look. I think they look awesome. Like a good combo of modern classical badassness.

They do look awesome. I need tos tay out of this thread. I reckon I might call in sick friday and go get a free fitting.

That makes a lot of sense, when I was fit for my current set I thought I wouldn't be able to swing them as they are a more players iron that I had before. I've found that address plays a key role for me in irons as I want to feel comfortable, and these i20s sure are pretty to look at.

That makes a lot of sense, when I was fit for my current set I thought I wouldn't be able to swing them as they are a more players iron that I had before. I've found that address plays a key role for me in irons as I want to feel comfortable, and these i20s sure are pretty to look at.

They sure are haha. Man, looking at what you're playing now... I would have to say even just off my brief experience with both, these were easier to hit.

This years line up is definitely making me think differently about Ping. These irons are just gorgeous and the driver looks diabolical!

These irons check all the boxes that a true "player" could want, they also look amazing, and I found the i15's to be more than amply forgiving. Hopefully the i20's continued with that amount of forgiveness.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Back