Apple music / Beats 1

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone using the new Apple music service yet and have any thoughts on it?

$10 for a single user or $15 for a family plan (up to 6 users) is the monthly rate.

Unlimited access to over 30 million songs and then the Beats1 radio service.

I started the 3 month trial today but don't have enough use yet to provide any feedback.

I haven't looked into it, but between my personal music library and Pandora I just don't see the need. I may do the trial run and see, but at $10 a month when I already have Sirius All Access, it's prob not going to happen

I haven't looked into it, but between my personal music library and Pandora I just don't see the need. I may do the trial run and see, but at $10 a month when I already have Sirius All Access, it's prob not going to happen

Agreed and IHeartRadio offers a ton for many and is free. Then add the million songs (more added every day) to Amazon Prime Music which for many has no added cost since they already use the service.

Agreed and IHeartRadio offers a ton for many and is free. Then add the million songs (more added every day) to Amazon Prime Music which for many has no added cost since they already use the service.
When prime music was released the music choices were pretty skimpy. I need to look into it again, wouldn't mind dropping my Spotify.

What does this offer that competitors don't?

I have the Amazon version but the selection is weak.

Since I like using my phone for music out of the car also I think I'll like this. $15 for family can't be beat...that's where this one leads the pack for now with the "bang for the buck" as it relates to needing numerous devices stream capable.

Time will tell though without a doubt. Given that it was just launched I only expect it to get better.

I don't listen to talk radio though....and that's where Sirius shines.

I tried it out, and even though it says it syncs offline, the playlist I synced skips and stutters when I'm in an area of bad service. I tried it out, but I think I'll be going back to Spotify. Just wish TSwift would put her stuff back on Spotify.

I use Google Music. Allowed to have multiple platforms. Plus, you can download something like 3000 songs to listen offline. Does Apple Music allow you to download music and/or listen offline?

I use Google Music. Allowed to have multiple platforms. Plus, you can download something like 3000 songs to listen offline. Does Apple Music allow you to download music and/or listen offline?

They say yes, but it hasn't worked as well as I had hoped so far.

I'm on the free trial. It's been pretty good so far but nothing to turn me from free Pandora so far.

I'm on the free trial. It's been pretty good so far but nothing to turn me from free Pandora so far.

Pandora is what I typically use. Was hoping that the commercial free and more songs (and ability to choose on demand) would be enough to sway me. We shall see...

I like Beats 1 and the curated playlists on Apple a music are having me considering dumping Spotify as well as Pandora.

I like Beats 1 and the curated playlists on Apple a music are having me considering dumping Spotify as well as Pandora.

Make sure the Playlists work for you. For me, just now, I had the same issue as Miller Time.

I haven't had an issue with playlists, and I have Music set to not use data when I'm on cellular, and it worked in a tunnel on the way to the airport.

Apple has a tendency of releasing things before they completely work, so I'll give them a little time before I make a full switch from Spotify.

Have done zero research on this. How is it different from iTunes Radio?

Pandora is what I typically use. Was hoping that the commercial free and more songs (and ability to choose on demand) would be enough to sway me. We shall see...

I decided to pay the $4.99/mo for pandora to avoid the commercials. I have satellite in the car

I use XM as I'm in my car all day, every day. Plenty enough choices for me there and I hardly ever listen to music at home in the evenings.

I love Apple for the most part, have an iPhone and an iPod Touch, but I don't see the need for me to sign up for this. I already use Spotify a lot, and a lot of music I listen to is off the beaten path for the most part so it's not on major streaming services. I'll be interested to see how it works out over the coming months.

I love Apple for the most part, have an iPhone and an iPod Touch, but I don't see the need for me to sign up for this. I already use Spotify a lot, and a lot of music I listen to is off the beaten path for the most part so it's not on major streaming services. I'll be interested to see how it works out over the coming months.
Yeah, it seems the only real advantage it has is the family plan, which I believe Google and Spotify will both match.

Okay so far I really like this. I don't have another streaming music service. I like the ability to download any song onto a device. Unlimited skips for radio stations. If I had another service I could see this being redundant but I'm sold on this already. I'm slow to find new music and already have 3 new favorite songs.

Okay so far I really like this. I don't have another streaming music service. I like the ability to download any song onto a device. Unlimited skips for radio stations. If I had another service I could see this being redundant but I'm sold on this already. I'm slow to find new music and already have 3 new favorite songs.

Agreed, really enjoying it. Playing like the "alternative" station is throwing a bunch of songs at me that I've never heard before which is really cool. Ability to easily skip is great also. And a $15 family plan (up to 6) is awesome.

This is the worst Apple launch they have ever had based on report after report. As a shareholder, they need to get this figured out quickly.

This is the worst Apple launch they have ever had based on report after report. As a shareholder, they need to get this figured out quickly.

What's wrong with it? I have had nothing but good experiences.

Setting up the family account so my wife and I had our own music on our own phones was a total mess. It too way to long for me to configure properly. I had to sign in and out of accounts several times tweak certain things to finally get it working. I'm a very tech savvy guy, I can't imagine how frustrating it could be for others.

I also had a problem with not being able to load local files. I had a live album I wanted to put on and Apple tries to upload your songs or finds the best match and they just couldn't get it right. If they let me just load my local file there wouldn't be a problem with it.

Other that those annoyances I haven't had other problems and will certainly stick out the free trial period to see if they improve things.

Apple music / Beats 1

I'm Apple biased. After reading this thread I just signed up for the 3 month trial. Should be interesting. Hotel rooms, camping and at home. I'll give this a good trial. Thx boys. THP keeps rockin it with info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back