Geeks.com 22" Monitor sale

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I don't know much about this brand, but $99 for a 22" Widescreen monitor is not a bad deal.

http://www.geeks.com/pix/2009/SOYO22.html

soyomonitor.jpg

Well that's cool, I just went to buy it and it's currently out of stock! I just got the email today! grrrrr

thats an insane price but you get what you pay for when it comes to electronics

thats an insane price but you get what you pay for when it comes to electronics

Not necessarily. I got a brand new 20" Vizio HDTV for Christmas, and it broke after two days. Returned it, and bought a 22" Insignia for half the price and it's still going strong.

Soyo used to make some great motherboards but started using inferior caps and had problems to the extent that they don't even build them anymore. I don't know about their monitors but that's a sweet deal.

Not necessarily. I got a brand new 20" Vizio HDTV for Christmas, and it broke after two days. Returned it, and bought a 22" Insignia for half the price and it's still going strong.

well i would certainly hope its going strong since its only been 4 months.

well i would certainly hope its going strong since its only been 4 months.

Well, I can't say the same for the expensive Vizio that lasted all of about 15 hours of run time.

Well, I can't say the same for the expensive Vizio that lasted all of about 15 hours of run time.

vizio is not expensive

I have a 22" acer lcd monitor that's about 2 years old I bought for less than $200 with shipping that's doing fine so money doesn't always denote quality or longevity

vizio is not expensive

It started out inexpensive and got the crowd for being inexpensive, but since, their prices have gone up dramatically.

Not as expensive as others, but cheaper is not always worse. I got a bigger one, with more outputs/inputs, for cheaper...and it's much better.

Soyo used to make some great motherboards but started using inferior caps and had problems to the extent that they don't even build them anymore. I don't know about their monitors but that's a sweet deal.

what's a cap?

what's a cap?

capacitor. and just so everyone knows...I have been in the audio/video industry for many, many years. high end custom home theaters, etc...so my taste in these things tends to border on the snobby side. no offense to anyone intended.

I usually research things and look to see what Consumer Reports has to say about it before I spend my money. But I was going to buy this one without doing that this time. For that price, I couldn't pass it up . . . until it was out of stock!

capacitor. and just so everyone knows...I have been in the audio/video industry for many, many years. high end custom home theaters, etc...so my taste in these things tends to border on the snobby side. no offense to anyone intended.

*hijack*

Ever get in any old McIntosh equipment? I've always wanted their electronics with Acoustic Research speakers for a home theater.

My Sony receiver and Polk speakers are getting the job done for now. I've still yet to upgrade to HDMI (saving up for a new receiver)

This could be a discussion that warrants it's own thread, it could go on for pages... :D

*/hijack*

*hijack*

Ever get in any old McIntosh equipment? I've always wanted their electronics with Acoustic Research speakers for a home theater.

My Sony receiver and Polk speakers are getting the job done for now. I've still yet to upgrade to HDMI (saving up for a new receiver)

This could be a discussion that warrants it's own thread, it could go on for pages... :D

*/hijack*

lol...yeah maybe we should start a home theater thread...

well then if off topic
Dahlquist DQ10s with Klipsch woofers(2),JBL L100s (4),J350's(2) E50's (2)Klipsch KG4(2) 2Yamaha integrated amps,2 Yamaha preamps,Yamaha amp and Crown amp Sansui tuner,Yamaha cd changer,JVC cassette deck for my audio needs in the man cave.It'll peel the plaque off you teeth.

Back