The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock:

[YOUTUBE]1D59rHjkMO0[/YOUTUBE]

:stickbeat:

Well, that goes with your new avatar at least.

I have a question. If your name is "Miss April 2005", does that automatically mean you are a playmate? Does Playboy have a copyright to Miss (add month here)?

I have a question. If your name is "Miss April 2005", does that automatically mean you are a playmate? Does Playboy have a copyright to Miss (add month here)?

Or maybe Miss April 2005 is the younger sister of Adolph Hitler whats-his-last-name?

Or maybe Miss April 2005 is the younger sister of Adolph Hitler whats-his-last-name?
Haha, that would be awesome. You guys can start calling me Mr August 1996.

You know what's funny, Gasman, speaking of copyrights...we were watching Happy Gilmore on ABC Family for a moment last night. There's a line where Shooter says "I could really use a Pepsi." They edited it to say, I could really use a "breakfast". (Of course, his lips didn't match or anything, and Josh knew the line.)

I looked into it on the internet since it was so bizarre. Apparently, Coke and ABC, but also Coke and Disney have some long standing partnerships and corporate relationships. You know, co sponsoring events, Coke being the only drink served at Disney theme parks, etc. I still wonder if Coke has a signed contract with them to never sponsor Pepsi (even in films) on their channel, or maybe it's a gesture of courtesy to Coke, who knows. It was just very, very strange!

Thats crazy, Disney is a very strange company. I know a lot of people who work for them and you hear weird stories. Plus they never replace the lines correctly. I mean why not use soda instead of breakfast?

Thats crazy, Disney is a very strange company. I know a lot of people who work for them and you hear weird stories. Plus they never replace the lines correctly. I mean why not use soda instead of breakfast?

I know! It was so out of left field. But I've heard stories from people working at Coke too - if you are ever seen or caught on a picture drinking a Pepsi while you are employed there, you are instantly fired. Same with the athletes and celebrities they sponsor.

All of my friends that work at ESPN call it "working for the rat". Change in words rather than working for the mouse.

I know! It was so out of left field. But I've heard stories from people working at Coke too - if you are ever seen or caught on a picture drinking a Pepsi while you are employed there, you are instantly fired. Same with the athletes and celebrities they sponsor.

I have had a Coke rep take me to lunch, and they will only go to restaurants that serve Coke. I can kind of understand it, but it seems a little extreme.

What bugged me about the broadcast of Happy Gilmore (I think it was on Bravo) was the bizarre censoring. In the commercial promo, they showed the scene with Bob Barker and Happy says "The price is wrong b*tch!" But then during the actual broadcast, it's censored to say "The price is wrong Bob!" What the hell?

Julie, I am going to fly to JB's house and pull your name out of the hat.

OH wait.. you already are eliminated :D

have to give it to the kid... that was pretty funny

Haha, thats some funny stuff right there.

It's ok, I won't need a nice stand bag when that cart is mailed to me.

OH wait.. you will.

It's ok, I won't need a nice stand bag when that cart is mailed to me.

OH wait.. you will.

He'll have to find that new bag somewhere else because this one in mine.

it's a shame I don't need a bag... I just carry a driver and putter and I'm golden! Driving par fours is really fun... you should all try it sometime!

:beat-up::beat-up::beat-up::beat-up:

it's a shame I don't need a bag... I just carry a driver and putter and I'm golden! Driving par fours is really fun... you should all try it sometime!

All you need is a 7-iron.

Julie are you crazy? Unlike someone here I actually have the muscle to carry my bag :D

Oh, funny boy, you were talking smack about how YOU were gonna win the cart. Hm. Should I send you the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back