Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Ya and I have already figured out TBT is FOS which means Sunday is gonna be tough :D only joking

Your Morgan Cup opponent could have some serious ammo now :D

First and foremost, parking lot pros. Guys with the top of the line staff bags and brand new equipment and clothes that make him look like a tour pro. And he acts like he is one, then goes and sucks. Put your words where your game is.

How does this irritate you (and others) so much? Jealousy? Maybe they get all the gear comped or as gifts? Maybe they work for an OEM. This doesn't bother me at all. I wish everyone would spend their cash on golf goods, keeps more people employed in the business.

I'm gonna write a short instructional essay here:

First and foremost, parking lot pros. Guys with the top of the line staff bags and brand new equipment and clothes that make him look like a tour pro. And he acts like he is one, then goes and sucks. Put your words where your game is. I played with these two guys once who had nice staff bags full of top of the line gear from probably 2008. First 4 holes or so I sucked, and they wouldn't shut up about it. Then the beer kicked in and I ended up +1 for the last 5 holes (9-hole round) and ended up winning my two strokes. They were devastated.

The guy who takes six tee shots especially on the first. In a non-competition round, I really don't have a problem with two tee shots on the first hole if the first one sucks. But leave it at two. I'll never take three. I was behind a guy once who took at least six tee shots on each hole, no joke. When I would ask him to play through he would speed off in his cart and act like I wasn't there. After 4 holes I called the pro shop to complain and a guy had to drive out there and tell him the "rules."

Kind of like number one, those that flat out SUCK and won't acknowledge it. The guy who won't pick up after 10 strokes on a friendly round because "the pros don't" or it was "just a fluke" and he'll birdie the next one despite really getting a triple bogey.

Not repairing divots and ball marks. All that really does is annoy people, destroy the course over time, screw someone over when they land in one, get in the way of putts, piss off the staff, and it's plain disrespectful. Personally, I'm happy to make a ball mark. It means I hit a nice high shot that probably landed on the green and I feel pride in repairing it. Same goes for divots, if it's a good one. Bad divots (hitting fat) I will still obviously repair.

Ugh. Slow play. I was with my grandpa, and there were two ladies in front of us who would literally just sit in their cart and talk for a minute in the middle of each hole. Not moving or touching their clubs. Eventually he got up and yelled some obscene words at them and it scared them off the course. Not the right gesture, but hey it got play moving again. I don't like groups bigger than foursomes. I've seen eightsomes and ninesomes before that take three and a half hours to play nine and it hold everyone up even if they are letting people through.

Too much beer and smokes. Not gonna go too deep with this one, I will state that I don;t have a problem with eer and smoking on the course. I have a problem when it gets too far and you can notice drunk driving on the carts and they can;t hit their ball cause they can't see it.

I could go on and on and on...

Ummm. Wow.

How does this irritate you (and others) so much? Jealousy? Maybe they get all the gear comped or as gifts? Maybe they work for an OEM. This doesn't bother me at all. I wish everyone would spend their cash on golf goods, keeps more people employed in the business.

It doesn't irritate me at all that they have that stuff. It irritates me when they act like they are something special because they do.

Old men getting in front of me taking all day :banghead:. I know one day I will be one of those old men so I try my best to be patient :beat-up:.

I have seen the Goat Track old men 1st hand and they don't even pretend to speed up or acknowledge your presence behind them. They are epic over there, unlike anywhere else I have ever played.

I agree with the people not allowing singles through, I know this happens to me most often when I am walking. I have to follow a foursome all the way around when I can walk the 18 in 2 1/2 hours and they make it into a 4 hour round for me. I usually just stop keeping score and just have an on course practice session and play multiple balls.

Ummm. Wow.

yeah. wow, specially this part "First and foremost, parking lot pros. Guys with the top of the line staff bags and brand new equipment and clothes that make him look like a tour pro. And he acts like he is one, then goes and sucks. Put your words where your game is. I played with these two guys once who had nice staff bags full of top of the line gear from probably 2008."

Who cares if someone uses a staff bag and sucks.

I'm gonna write a short instructional essay here:

First and foremost, parking lot pros. Guys with the top of the line staff bags and brand new equipment and clothes that make him look like a tour pro. And he acts like he is one, then goes and sucks. Put your words where your game is. I played with these two guys once who had nice staff bags full of top of the line gear from probably 2008. First 4 holes or so I sucked, and they wouldn't shut up about it. Then the beer kicked in and I ended up +1 for the last 5 holes (9-hole round) and ended up winning my two strokes. They were devastated.

The guy who takes six tee shots especially on the first. In a non-competition round, I really don't have a problem with two tee shots on the first hole if the first one sucks. But leave it at two. I'll never take three. I was behind a guy once who took at least six tee shots on each hole, no joke. When I would ask him to play through he would speed off in his cart and act like I wasn't there. After 4 holes I called the pro shop to complain and a guy had to drive out there and tell him the "rules."

Kind of like number one, those that flat out SUCK and won't acknowledge it. The guy who won't pick up after 10 strokes on a friendly round because "the pros don't" or it was "just a fluke" and he'll birdie the next one despite really getting a triple bogey.

Not repairing divots and ball marks. All that really does is annoy people, destroy the course over time, screw someone over when they land in one, get in the way of putts, piss off the staff, and it's plain disrespectful. Personally, I'm happy to make a ball mark. It means I hit a nice high shot that probably landed on the green and I feel pride in repairing it. Same goes for divots, if it's a good one. Bad divots (hitting fat) I will still obviously repair.

Ugh. Slow play. I was with my grandpa, and there were two ladies in front of us who would literally just sit in their cart and talk for a minute in the middle of each hole. Not moving or touching their clubs. Eventually he got up and yelled some obscene words at them and it scared them off the course. Not the right gesture, but hey it got play moving again. I don't like groups bigger than foursomes. I've seen eightsomes and ninesomes before that take three and a half hours to play nine and it hold everyone up even if they are letting people through.

Too much beer and smokes. Not gonna go too deep with this one, I will state that I don;t have a problem with eer and smoking on the course. I have a problem when it gets too far and you can notice drunk driving on the carts and they can;t hit their ball cause they can't see it.

I could go on and on and on...

I'm glad I don't play in your area. Some of your issues are bad indeed.

Tappin' for world peace!

It doesn't irritate me at all that they have that stuff. It irritates me when they act like they are something special because they do.

So its more about acting like an a-hole and talking smack that their game cant back up?

Actual exchange between IceMannJack and wannabe poser with staff bag in the parking lot of their local golf course:

Spoiler

So its more about acting like an a-hole and talking smack that their game cant back up?

Yes. As I said I have no problem with the gear. When people act like they are the next Tiger Woods because they have it annoys me.

I sure am glad I don't have a staff bag and new clubs......oh wait.

Nevermind.

Actual exchange between IceMannJack and wannabe poser with staff bag in the parking lot of their local golf course:

Spoiler

Everyone makes Top Gun references because of my name lol...

I agree with IceJack on the point of people having ignorant and self-righteous attitudes on the course. The wording could have been better, but that I agree with - it takes the fun out of the sport. This being said, I don't care what equip. you have.

The point about people who suck, however, is harsh. Everyone has to enjoy the game.

Not much. I don't care for getting hit with a ball without a little FORE action. Other than that, the usual stuff I guess.

I sure am glad I don't have a staff bag and new clubs......oh wait.

Nevermind.

OMG!!! I don't have any problems with the staff bag and new clubs!!!!!!!!!!! I simply would have a problem if you acted like you;re gonna shoot par and kick my ass before the round started and wouldn't stop bragging cause you have all the best gear, then turn out to be nowhere ear that level!

But the attitude you have isn't any better.

OMG!!! I don't have any problems with the staff bag and new clubs!!!!!!!!!!! I simply would have a problem if you acted like you;re gonna shoot par and kick my ass before the round started and wouldn't stop bragging cause you have all the best gear, then turn out to be nowhere ear that level!

But the attitude you have isn't any better.

Sorry about that. It's jut that I've said four times it's not the gear that bothers me and people are still saying stuff about the gear.

Seriously? LMAO

I hear ya....I just think it's the attitude of the player you are referencing and less about what bag/clubs they have or how they dress. Too many people have posted on the forum in general about dressing the part and being a wannabe or a poser, etc.

Fact is this: there are multiple form members here that have staff bags and brand new gear and have handicaps between 10-20. So when someone says something that even infers that if you have that stuff and are not scratch, etc it is going to draw some comments even if that was not the intent.

Seriously? LMAO

I hear ya....I just think it's the attitude of the player you are referencing and less about what bag/clubs they have or how they dress. Too many people have posted on the forum in general about dressing the part and being a wannabe or a poser, etc.

Fact is this: there are multiple form members here that have staff bags and brand new gear and have handicaps between 10-20. So when someone says something that even infers that if you have that stuff and are not scratch, etc it is going to draw some comments even if that was not the intent.

I worded it poorly... I get that. All staff bag users: I have no problem with your gear. I have a problem if you act like a pro because of it.

People that have no consideration for the fact that other people are playing. Taking their sweet time on the greens, picking up your balls, not yelling fore when they almost decapitate you, driving carts in your fairway as you are about to hit, people that you are paired with that walk all over your putting lines. people that are playing behind you hitting up on you when you are being held up by the groups in front of you etc. Just people that don't care irritate me.

Spitting and drooling all over yourself multiple times during your pre shot routine :alien:

I don't care what you wear, how you play, what you play, or if even if you don't play by the rules (unless it's a competition or playing for money). But poor etiquette is just not tollerable.
This includes:
1.) not taking care of the course (I don't care how much you paid to play, it's not your right to not repair damage you caused)
2.) Slow play
3.) General rudeness ((talking loud, etc)
3.) Taking on a cell phone, walking in player's lines/moving in players view while s/he is hitting
4.) Hitting into people.

All of this is NOT rocket science, do one to others as youd want done to you.

People that have no consideration for the fact that other people are playing. Taking their sweet time on the greens, picking up your balls, not yelling fore when they almost decapitate you, driving carts in the fairway, people that you are paired with that walk all over your putting lines etc. Just people that don't care piss me off.

That may be the first time I have heard that complaint.

The things that get me are the standard greens that aren't repaired, tee boxes that are destroyed, and people with no clue acting recklessly. Slow play doesn't bother me as long as it is just because the course is backed up. If the people are acting like fools on the course, then I have a problem.

The biggest thing that bothers me however, is when a course thinks it's nicer than it is and over prices. I have played some pretty average courses that believe that they are US Open sites. On the flip side, one of my favorite courses that I have played was interesting and very well kept. They charged $30 for 18 and a cart. It was fantastic.

That may be the first time I have heard that complaint.

The things that get me are the standard greens that aren't repaired, tee boxes that are destroyed, and people with no clue acting recklessly. Slow play doesn't bother me as long as it is just because the course is backed up. If the people are acting like fools on the course, then I have a problem.

The biggest thing that bothers me however, is when a course thinks it's nicer than it is and over prices. I have played some pretty average courses that believe that they are US Open sites. On the flip side, one of my favorite courses that I have played was interesting and very well kept. They charged $30 for 18 and a cart. It was fantastic.

I edited my post, what I meant was people driving in your fairway while you are about to hit looking for their ball.

Back