Do you play the same ball for practice rounds as you do for comps.

titleist fan 1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, my question is that do you play the same ball for practice rounds as you do for comps? I play the pro v1x for comps and normal rounds because i find the consistency levels are better if you are like me and play the same ball all of the time why and what ball is it? If you don't and maybe play a better ball for comps and a other ball for normal rounds why and what are them 2 golf balls that you use?
Please post your answers and thank you for doing that :)

I don't consciously play a different ball unless I'm playing badly enough that I'm losing a bunch. I will switch to something cheap if that's the case.

yes I always play the Hex Black, best ball on the market for my game at the moment. . .no prov1 for me anymore. . .I play it consistently because I like to know how my ball will behave

I play the same ball all the time, unless I am playing poorly and if that is the case I reach into the balls I have found on the course

I will switch to try stuff from time to time, but mostly I'll play whatever my current favorite is (HX Diablo Tour right now). I play it for practice, league, whatever. I have bought nicer balls for tournaments and such in the past (B330-RX), but don't know how much good it really did me...

ProV1x all the time. Switch balls and everything changes.

I don't always use the same ball in my normal rounds as I do in competitive rounds.

I'll always use the same ball, unless I'm playing in a scramble or something like that where you play more aggressive. I like knowing the ball I'm playing is going to react the same as I'm used to.

When I play in competitive events I use one ball. I don't switch between balls.

I use the same ball all the time unless I am testing a new ball. When I hit a shot, I want to know how the ball is going to react.

I play with the same ball every round. This year it's been Callaway Hex Black during the summer and Bridgestone B330 RX during the cooler months.

I generally use the same ball for everything, all my balls that get worn during a round go into the bag to be used as shag balls that I chip and putt with when practicing the short game. As SW said I want the predictability of the shot and knowing how that ball is going to react is important, especially when competing.

I'll sometimes put down a ball that might not be my top choice on a first hole if there is trouble that I could hit into. But other than that I usually play my top ball all the time because I always want to shoot my best. Who doesn't

Same, no matter what. I've never understood "water" balls, or hazard-laden hole balls, etc. What I play, I play no matter what. Now, I play more than one brand, and even within brands, but I don't have practice vs others. I did used to have a shag bag full of the scuffed ones, but that's the closest to practice balls I've ever had.

I don't always play the same ball, but when I do I choose Bridgestone.

I use B330-S for my rounds but when I'm practicing I use Wilson 50 balls so that I don't tear up the nicer ones. On a college budget and all :act-up:

I usually play with same balls, regardless of the round. But I do change balls every now and then to test new balls, and I sometimes get a sleeve or box of balls and I play them.
The provisional ball is usually something I've picked up, no point of loosing too many PRO V1's or Pentas.

I've played tens of rounds with one ball during this season, but I've still lost almost a hundred balls during the last 6 months...weird.

I buy Nike lake balls for the simple reason, they are cheaper and of a pretty good quality. I try to split the balls up by type and play the one type at a time. Try and get some semblance of consistency!!

I play the same ball.
It is usually a used one from the last round that may have a scuff mark from a tree or cart path.

I always play the same ball. Whatever brand and model I am using at the time.
I want the same distances and reactions when practicing as in tourneys.
If you don't do that, I don't see how anyone could be consistent.
Right now, my ball is the Srixon Z-Star Yellow.

I use older prov1s for practice and newer ones in comps

I try and play the game ball consistently

I have always tried to stay consistent no matter what type of round it is. I also tell my buddies to use the same ball no matter what ball it is just so you know how it reacts, and most importantly, feels off the putterface.

On practice rounds i mostly use lake balls. on a tournament i always use new ones.

Back